Username
Password
Epitaph Records News - Page 4
Displaying posts 45 - 59 of 59.
08:47 AM on 02/15/12
TheRxBandit
music videographer
User Info.
Also, why does Letlive. have to be a poor man's Glassjaw? They have similar music styles. Just like tons of other bands. No one calls Manchester a "poor man's Brand New" even though they write similar songs. Just because Glassjaw had an original sound at the time doesn't mean no band will ever follow in that same vein. Music progresses, styles are emulated, musicians draw from other musicians for inspiration. It's not like Letlive is ripping off Glassjaw songs or riffs. Just let Letlive. be Letlive.
09:56 AM on 02/15/12
sargentlgfuad
water me
User Info.
I don't understand how anyone could say this video is disappointing. It looks great, it's got a great story arch to it, and the post-production is awesome. It goes hand in hand with their album artwork. Daniel Davison did an awesome job. That "stupid filter" is called color grading. It's used to make things look more cinematic... What would you suggest instead?

I say it's disappointing because it adds nothing to the song. It doesn't fit. Obviously we have different opinions. However, it IS a stupid filter. It's meant to look more "cinematic" in the sense that it's supposed to look like film. Which it clearly is not. It's very obviously digital. So if you want to make something look like film. Then shoot in on film. It feels like an after thought and winds up being distracting as it serves no purpose for the video.
10:08 AM on 02/15/12
seymourbuttes
I'd do anything for a free t-shirt
User Info.
I don't understand how anyone could say this video is disappointing. It looks great, it's got a great story arch to it, and the post-production is awesome. It goes hand in hand with their album artwork. Daniel Davison did an awesome job. That "stupid filter" is called color grading. It's used to make things look more cinematic... What would you suggest instead?

LOL. Because Jason buzzes the sides of his head and wears a jean jacket?
And not to mention everyone else in the video... Fucking denim explosion... Ehh, I just hate that shit, and anything punky or hipster looking... Fucking dirtmongers.
10:40 AM on 02/15/12
sargentlgfuad
water me
User Info.
And not to mention everyone else in the video... Fucking denim explosion... Ehh, I just hate that shit, and anything punky or hipster looking... Fucking dirtmongers.
ugh. people have different styles than what I am currently used to. HOW REPULSIVE
11:14 AM on 02/15/12
TheRxBandit
music videographer
User Info.
I say it's disappointing because it adds nothing to the song. It doesn't fit. Obviously we have different opinions. However, it IS a stupid filter. It's meant to look more "cinematic" in the sense that it's supposed to look like film. Which it clearly is not. It's very obviously digital. So if you want to make something look like film. Then shoot in on film. It feels like an after thought and winds up being distracting as it serves no purpose for the video.
Film is dead, man. Not dead in a "never going to be used again", but dead in the industry. Most of movies you've watched in the past 5 years were shot digitally, and the percentage is only rising. All THOSE movies look cinematic.

I disagree, because I think the color grade adds to the overall feel of the video. If it looked digital, people would be bitching about how unprofessional it looks. It's also not a "filter". It's not like somebody can just go in an drop a filter on the final thing and call it good. It takes a lot of hours to go through and color grade something. I did not find it to be distracting in the least. The opposite, in fact. We have differing opinions, obviously, but come on. What music video's do you praise that don't have a drastic color grade to them?
11:17 AM on 02/15/12
TheRxBandit
music videographer
User Info.

Hahaha wow.
Your top listened-to band on Last.FM is A Day to Remember.
11:56 AM on 02/15/12
sargentlgfuad
water me
User Info.
Film is dead, man. Not dead in a "never going to be used again", but dead in the industry. Most of movies you've watched in the past 5 years were shot digitally, and the percentage is only rising. All THOSE movies look cinematic.

I disagree, because I think the color grade adds to the overall feel of the video. If it looked digital, people would be bitching about how unprofessional it looks. It's also not a "filter". It's not like somebody can just go in an drop a filter on the final thing and call it good. It takes a lot of hours to go through and color grade something. I did not find it to be distracting in the least. The opposite, in fact. We have differing opinions, obviously, but come on. What music video's do you praise that don't have a drastic color grade to them?

Yeah, film is dead. hahahaha. Just because they "color graded" it doesn't make it "cinematic." it's stupid. a lot of movies don't have a drastic color grade. they are properly color corrected for heightened emphasis or emotional quality.

I have no idea why you think this video is AMAZING to the point where you need to defend it. There are millions of other things to complain and defend more.
12:02 PM on 02/15/12
TheRxBandit
music videographer
User Info.
Yeah, film is dead. hahahaha. Just because they "color graded" it doesn't make it "cinematic." it's stupid. a lot of movies don't have a drastic color grade. they are properly color corrected for heightened emphasis or emotional quality.

I have no idea why you think this video is AMAZING to the point where you need to defend it. There are millions of other things to complain and defend more.
If you don't think that film is on it's way out, you need to read up. The color-grade is done as to appear more film like. It's something people have been doing for years. I can't imagine all the things you think are stupid if you rule out everything that has a cinema-look, but isn't REAL film. Enjoy your life disliking things for stupid reasons.

I do really enjoy this video, and I defend it because my opinion is that it's well done and deserves some praise. There is ALWAYS something better to defend. Lets stop talking about music videos and start talking about TWLOHA.
12:07 PM on 02/15/12
sargentlgfuad
water me
User Info.
If you don't think that film is on it's way out, you need to read up. The color-grade is done as to appear more film like. It's something people have been doing for years. I can't imagine all the things you think are stupid if you rule out everything that has a cinema-look, but isn't REAL film. Enjoy your life disliking things for stupid reasons.

I do really enjoy this video, and I defend it because my opinion is that it's well done and deserves some praise. There is ALWAYS something better to defend. Lets stop talking about music videos and start talking about TWLOHA.
Film may be "on it's way out" but not anytime soon. Especially because the majority of people in the film world still use film. And film has a different look to it rather than digital, and it has some benefits that digital doesn't have. I'm not saying "color grading" is stupid in general. Just this video was poorly done. There's all these fucking random lines that overlap the image. It's stupid. It's dumb. Video fucking blows. Sorry if you or a friend did it, but it sucks. And TWLOHA sucks too.

And you went to Kansas. So you suck too.
12:18 PM on 02/15/12
TheRxBandit
music videographer
User Info.
Yeah, film has advantages over digital. It's biggest disadvantage? Money. It's important.

And to everything else you said:
02:25 PM on 02/15/12
seymourbuttes
User Info.
Hahaha wow.
Your top listened-to band on Last.FM is A Day to Remember.
Yeah, I really gotta remove that, if you look, I haven't used last.fm in like 2 years. And even still, I hate all those scene **** that propagate that scene.
02:26 PM on 02/15/12
seymourbuttes
User Info.
ugh. people have different styles than what I am currently used to. HOW REPULSIVE
Am I not entitled to my opinion?
03:08 PM on 02/15/12
sargentlgfuad
water me
User Info.
Am I not entitled to my opinion?

You are. If you want to be entitled to a completely ridiculous, stupid, and ignorant opinion. Go right ahead.
03:27 PM on 02/15/12
seymourbuttes
User Info.
You are. If you want to be entitled to a completely ridiculous, stupid, and ignorant opinion. Go right ahead.
Lemme guess... You're one of those occupy retards that think everyone should be treated fair and equal, and everyone should be heard blah blah blah all that liberal bullshit, yet when someone has an opinion slightly different than yours, it's, "wrong" or in this case, "completely ridiculous, stupid and ignorant"... Just short of wrong...

You're an idiot.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests