Username
Password

08:17 PM on 02/15/12 
User Info.
jonesderek76
Contagious Waste of Time and Space
Mount Vernon, MO
Male - 20 Years Old
I thought Cartel's "This is Who We Are" would've made an amazing album closer, same with "Our Honeymoon at Weston Hills" by Cinematic Sunrise
08:36 PM on 02/15/12 
User Info.
The Boat
I've made a huge mistake
Australia
Male - 23 Years Old
Apparently FOB put what a catch donnie higher up the order is because they werent allowed to have it as a single if it was the closer. And they really wanted it to be a single.
09:17 PM on 02/15/12 
User Info.
spawnofz
Salt Lake City, UT
Male - 24 Years Old
I know it's a B-Side in a sense; but on the new Rise Against album it just doesn't feel right to not have the album close with Lanterns. Than again I feel that album could have had a better track listing.
09:27 PM on 02/15/12 
User Info.
Brokenhill
But we don't have to be afraid.
Tucson, Arizona
Male - 23 Years Old
Tomorrow I'll Be You is one of my favorite Thursday songs. I feel like it's an amazing closer.
This.

My input:

09:48 AM on 02/16/12 
User Info.
xJesusFreakx
duh please
PA
Male - 25 Years Old
Totally disagree with Thrice's "Anthology" being a better closer. Lyrically, it's perfect for the final stretch of the album, but so is "Disarmed," and that song has a much more final feel to it. Besides, while "Anthology" is a great resolution to "Promises," "Disarmed" resolves the bulk of the album. As for musically, again, "Anthology" is definitely final stretch material, but the final seconds/minutes would feel weird as the final seconds/minutes of the album. "Disarmed" winds everything down better. (All in my opinion, of course.)

As for closers I can think of:

U2 - "Where the Streets Have No Name"
It's easy to call this a great opener because it's a great song and opens a great album, but I think it sounds so much more like a closing track. It builds slowly for one last release, like a victory lap, and then winds down beautifully. The lyrics certainly don't hurt my case. If nothing else, it's be a great penultimate track leading into "Mothers of the Disappeared," with "I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For" as the new opener.

Taylor Swift - "The Best Day"
I love "Change," but it doesn't belong on Fearless. Seriously. Just chop it off and use it as a b-side. "The Best Day" resolves the album's themes just perfectly.
11:33 AM on 02/18/12 
User Info.
Matt Chylak
contextblues.wordpress.co m
Philadelphia, PA
Male
Totally disagree with Thrice's "Anthology" being a better closer. Lyrically, it's perfect for the final stretch of the album, but so is "Disarmed," and that song has a much more final feel to it. Besides, while "Anthology" is a great resolution to "Promises," "Disarmed" resolves the bulk of the album. As for musically, again, "Anthology" is definitely final stretch material, but the final seconds/minutes would feel weird as the final seconds/minutes of the album. "Disarmed" winds everything down better. (All in my opinion, of course.)

As for closers I can think of:

U2 - "Where the Streets Have No Name"
It's easy to call this a great opener because it's a great song and opens a great album, but I think it sounds so much more like a closing track. It builds slowly for one last release, like a victory lap, and then winds down beautifully. The lyrics certainly don't hurt my case. If nothing else, it's be a great penultimate track leading into "Mothers of the Disappeared," with "I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For" as the new opener.

Taylor Swift - "The Best Day"
I love "Change," but it doesn't belong on Fearless. Seriously. Just chop it off and use it as a b-side. "The Best Day" resolves the album's themes just perfectly.

you just made that album so much better

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version