Username
Password
All Posts by User
Displaying user's 21 posts.
05:06 PM on 02/14/12
TWLOHAwhitney
TWLOHA Staff
User Info.
Hey everyone! :) Thanks for joining us tonight.
05:15 PM on 02/14/12
TWLOHAwhitney
TWLOHA Staff
User Info.
Is TWLOHA doing anything close to Sacramento, Ca any time soon?

Hey there! Nothing in that area is on the calendar right now, but it's likely we will get there closer to summertime. :)
05:18 PM on 02/14/12
TWLOHAwhitney
TWLOHA Staff
User Info.
So I'm actually giving a speech about TWLOHA for my public speaking class tomorrow, any pointers?

Trust yourself.
Believe in your words.
Hold your head high.

You got this. :)
05:21 PM on 02/14/12
TWLOHAwhitney
TWLOHA Staff
User Info.
i'm very interested in becoming an intern at twloha. it's a cause that i know i would give my time and effort to support. is there anything in particular you look for in your interns? how many interns do you usually take in a year?

We actually just updated our Intern Program info on the website. You can check it out, then just send an email if you have questions. Anyone is open to apply, and we've accepted a wide variety of people, taking 5-6 interns per term with three terms in a year. The most important part is that you care about our vision and are willing to live that out both professionally and personally. Present yourself honestly -- you have nothing to lose. :)
05:28 PM on 02/14/12
TWLOHAwhitney
TWLOHA Staff
User Info.
I was really moved about the news TWLOHA posted about Black Males and Suicide. As a young adult diagnosed with bipolar disorder/depression, how can I reach out to other young teens/adults suffering from these disorders, when so little is known about mental illness and the multicultural community?

Thank you so much for reading our news and caring. :) The best way that we've found to reach out to people who are hurting is just to be honest and allow conversations to "go there." So many people don't feel like they have a place to share openly about things they may feel ashamed of, but creating a space in relationship where someone can be honest without fear of rejection or judgement can change, and even save, a life. It may also be worth connecting with local mental health professionals (counselors at your school and other groups in the community) to inquire about ways to raise awareness and get involved in your community.
05:31 PM on 02/14/12
TWLOHAwhitney
TWLOHA Staff
User Info.
TWLOHA, today FGCU UChapter held a "Valentines day doesn't have to suck" tabling event, it was such a hit. Every time I get to sit behind a table, or event with the TWLOHA name on it I come across the most valuable experiences, most life changing moments. I can't thank you all enough for making it possible to experience these things from my campus, and have the opportunity to also spread these experiences to other students on campus.

That's awesome! :)
05:32 PM on 02/14/12
TWLOHAwhitney
TWLOHA Staff
User Info.
My question to TWLOHA: are there many volunteer opportunities here in the UK? I'd love to get involved but don't know how best to.

Best way to stay in the loop about volunteer opportunities is to join our street team (http://towriteloveonherarms.fancorps.com/signup/). We do not currently have any events planned in the UK or volunteer things available, but if we do, street team will be the first to know.
05:37 PM on 02/14/12
TWLOHAwhitney
TWLOHA Staff
User Info.
hmm..im not quite sure what my question is :/ trying to come across a revelation, it seems like im really close but i cant take the final step to realize what i need to. i honestly, dont look into TWLOHA a lot, and i just came across you recently, due to my girlfriend. But i read a blog today and a paragraph in it caught my mind. it was actually by jamie, the one about valentines day.

It's okay if you don't know what your question is or if you even have one. It seems like you're searching and reaching, and these are good things despite the part where they're hard. Which paragraph caught your mind? Why did you like it?
05:41 PM on 02/14/12
TWLOHAwhitney
TWLOHA Staff
User Info.
I'm starting a UChapter at my college but recently a lot has been happening with my family and I've been extremely overwhelmed and losing steam to keep it going. We've already had an official interest meeting and have 60 people, how can I keep people interested and keep myself going and able to be a good president?

That's so great that there are so many people interested in bringing TWLOHA to your campus, but it is not worth your health to make it happen. I'm so sorry to hear that life has been hard with your family and things have been overwhelming. Lean on other people you can trust who are interested in the UChapter, people who want it there just as much -- you don't have to carry the responsibility for a UChapter all on your own. Make sure you're taking care of yourself. Most importantly, be honest with yourself and honest with the UChapters team at TWLOHA. Be brave enough to walk away if that's what you need to do to take care of you.
05:42 PM on 02/14/12
TWLOHAwhitney
TWLOHA Staff
User Info.
05:53 PM on 02/14/12
TWLOHAwhitney
TWLOHA Staff
User Info.
How is Renee doing? I feel like there is so much hype with the movie, but she's not very active on Twitter/FaceBook. Is she doing well?

Thanks for asking about Renee. She's doing well and focusing on building her music career right now (she was just tweeting about writing new music a few weeks ago and hoping to record some music soon!). We still keep in touch with her and are excited about the movie. :)
06:12 PM on 02/14/12
TWLOHAwhitney
TWLOHA Staff
User Info.
hello whitney(: thanks for the reply, and yeah i was trying to figure out quite a lot of things on my own for a long time and things were hard but ive had enormous support in the past 7 1/2 months. the paragraph thats been with me all day now was this one:

"i've been thinking lately that maybe i've confused a girl for God, a different one every year or two, since the first day of junior high. And man, that is a lot of pressure to put on someone, to make them God. That is a ton of power to hand someone. Especially when they're just a person. A person with questions and flaws and pain of their own.

So maybe there's a war, inside of me and for me and maybe my heart is the opposite of small. Maybe it's the opposite of cheap and empty and alone. Maybe it's sacred and enormous and wild."

it just got my mind going about my current relationship, and how much pressure i must be putting on my girlfriend without ever really even noticing it. ive got a lot of scars (figuratively) and shes trying to heal me,and ive dedicated everything to her for it. but i realized that has to be putting a lot of stress on her, and i dont know how to make it easier for her :/ im not even sure if shes really having issues with it, but i feel like i should do something. im afraid i may be to much, and shell become overwhelmed.

Hmm, yes. That's a big thing to be thinking about, the way we can make people into huge divine creatures in our minds when really they are human like us. The best place to start is to ask your girlfriend what you want to know. She might be overwhelmed. She might not. If she is, it doesn't mean you're too much or your relationship is broken -- it just means y'all might need to talk about how to make things different and healthier for both of you.

Something I thought about while reading your thoughts is a poem by Mary Oliver called The Journey. The last line talks about saving the only life we can save -- our own. No matter how wonderful or strong your girlfriend is or how much you love and believe in her, your healing is yours. Finding hope and holding on to it, living a life and story you're proud of, these are things only you can do for yourself, no one else. We believe at TWLOHA that we are made to live life together, alongside each other, but living life [i]for[i] each other never really works out well.

I hope you will trust yourself and your strength. You may be hurt and scarred, but you're also a survivor. Believe in you. I do.
06:14 PM on 02/14/12
TWLOHAwhitney
TWLOHA Staff
User Info.
Any chance of TWLOHA coming to Boston anytime soon?

Check the calendar close to summertime. :)
06:20 PM on 02/14/12
TWLOHAwhitney
TWLOHA Staff
User Info.
Will you guys just talk back? like replay?

Yep. You can ask us questions, and we are doing our best to respond to as many as we can. :) Thanks for being here.
06:23 PM on 02/14/12
TWLOHAwhitney
TWLOHA Staff
User Info.
Hey, I hope I'm not to late. I was watching Glee and lost track of time. I just wanted to say thank you TWLOHA, for giving me hope and helping to drag my best friend back into the light.

You're definitely not too late. :) Thanks for being there for your friend and loving her into the light. We're honored to be a part of her life.

PS: Hope Glee was awesome!
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums