Username
Password
Warner Brothers News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Warner Brothers
Inside AP.net

Two New Melee Songs On iTunes

Posted by: Rohan Kohli (08/30/07)
Melee has made two new, previously unreleased songs titled "New Heart" and "Sick" available for purchase on iTunes.

Submitted by ThisIsNotDan

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 18
12:10 AM on 08/31/07
phaedrus
Registered Member
User Info.
Is it just me or did these guys bomb out really bad? They have lots of talent, and had tons of potential before they went to WB. Why do bands even sign to majors anymore?
04:36 AM on 08/31/07
Ruggiero2oo8
don't worry, be happy
User Info.
They should be a lot bigger than they are.
05:09 AM on 08/31/07
farynteachey
Fayron
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Is it just me or did these guys bomb out really bad? They have lots of talent, and had tons of potential before they went to WB. Why do bands even sign to majors anymore?

I agree with you.

I was listening to "The War (Piano Version)" this morning and I thought to myself if they would just stay on this track, they'd be beautiful. But no!!!!!
05:51 AM on 08/31/07
tommyhaych
Mayor West
User Info.
They should be a lot bigger than they are.

They probably would be if a certain band called The Fray didn't exist.
06:02 AM on 08/31/07
farynteachey
Fayron
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Bump da fray.
10:11 AM on 08/31/07
Rest_Easy
accidentally on purpose
User Info.
I pulled this "new" cd out last month and it still makes its rounds in my player. I guess there was a lot to digest when it came out because it's a really good cd. Hopefully their next cd will catch on quicker.
10:18 AM on 08/31/07
SoDakValerie
User Info.
I'm REALLY bummed out that I don't have Itunes. :( :( :(
Anyway. This band should be HUGE. In my opinion, their new stuff is not as good as their old stuff. But I still really like it. And maybe it's because their old stuff is so fantastic.
Either way, this band doesn't get near enough attention. I always think they go on weird tours too. I seriously love this band. They're my favorites.
11:35 AM on 08/31/07
irthesteve
All that wander are not lost
User Info.
devils & angels>everyday behavior
12:05 PM on 08/31/07
ThisIsNotDan
User Info.
Devils and Angels is awesome, and Warner are fucking idiots for not realising that Built To Last is a summer hit, period. oh well
12:49 PM on 08/31/07
mr. bounderby
User Info.
No Avatar Selected

although im not a fan of this band. i do recognize their talent and i must say that the problem is with warner. they are a shit label. they definitely have some good acts, but they can't break a band for shit. melee made a career ruining decision by signing to them. it sucks because everyone will view melee as just another "tanker band" that signed to a major. but. its definitely warners fault. sucks.
03:17 PM on 08/31/07
SoDakValerie
User Info.
I think Everyday Behavior is MUCH better than Devils & Angels. Granted, I like Devils & Angels too. I just like Everyday Behavior more. I think maybe Devils & Angels needs to grow on me for three years like Everyday Behavior did.
04:32 PM on 08/31/07
chrislikesmusic
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
although im not a fan of this band. i do recognize their talent and i must say that the problem is with warner. they are a shit label. they definitely have some good acts, but they can't break a band for shit. melee made a career ruining decision by signing to them. it sucks because everyone will view melee as just another "tanker band" that signed to a major. but. its definitely warners fault. sucks.

Have you ever heard of a band called the Used? or Avenged Sevenfold, or My Chemical Romance, or Mute Math, or Muse, Green Day, or even Linkin Park? Oh, those are bands that were broken big by Warner Bros.

Do you realize that Built to Last is the #1 single in Japan right now, and the band has sold over 50K CDs there?

Or do you just sit behind your computer and think you're God's gift to the music business?

Armchair A&R will only get you so far, friend.

Melee's record is fantastic, the song is playing on radio stations all over the country, and they're doing a tour with Matt Nathanson this fall. Before you open you mouth and think you know what you're talking about, you should get your facts straight.
05:32 PM on 08/31/07
mr. bounderby
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Have you ever heard of a band called the Used? or Avenged Sevenfold, or My Chemical Romance, or Mute Math, or Muse, Green Day, or even Linkin Park? Oh, those are bands that were broken big by Warner Bros.

Do you realize that Built to Last is the #1 single in Japan right now, and the band has sold over 50K CDs there?

Or do you just sit behind your computer and think you're God's gift to the music business?

Armchair A&R will only get you so far, friend.

Melee's record is fantastic, the song is playing on radio stations all over the country, and they're doing a tour with Matt Nathanson this fall. Before you open you mouth and think you know what you're talking about, you should get your facts straight.

thanks man. i don't know what i wouldve done without you. and no, i haven't heard of any of those bands.
07:55 PM on 08/31/07
xXrunninglateXx
User Info.
Have you ever heard of a band called the Used? Or Avenged Sevenfold, or My Chemical Romance, or Mute Math, or Muse, Green Day, or even Linkin Park? Oh, those are bands that were broken big by Warner Bros.

While you make good points about Melee and how they're well they are actually doing, and the fact that people overestimate how hard it is to "break" a band, you can't exactly make the case that these bands started at the same place as Melee. I mean Green Day, come on. The label didn't have as much to do with breaking them as much as word of mouth and a single that caught on like wildfire. Same goes for just about all of these bands. They were all in the right place at the right time and while Melee has the song and songwriting ability to be huge, they just need that right break. A large percentage of any band's success is due to that 'big break.'
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests