AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Comments: Page 3
Displaying posts 30 - 45 of 51
11:41 AM on 02/16/12
Holly HoX!
User Info.
Forgot to mention that's my opinion. Think what you want, but Max seems like a better person after he got married and that's obvious in his less cynical lyrics.

Remember kids, change is constant.

Oh yeah agree that he's happier and is less cynical, but I'm just talking about the music. It's cool that he's happy. My ears aren't though.

You missed my point entirely.
12:23 PM on 02/16/12
korncrow85
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I need to vent about this album for a minute. Say Anything has been up there as my "all time favorite" for a long time. Since at least 2006. Before the leak, I was so excited and looking forward to it more than any other album. For the first few days, I tried to convince myself I liked it a lot. I defended this band in front of all my friends numerous times, even though each album is slightly weaker than the last.

Every time Max comes out with a new album and interviews about it, he talks about how it compares to Is A Real Boy... You can't compare anything to is a real boy. Stop trying. Please. It will seriously forever go down as one of the best records of its genre. But you don't have to undermine all of your new work by comparing it to the one album that brought SA big success.

I will forever love SA but the new album is the exact opposite of what I thought it was going to be. After reading Max's early interviews about the feeling of rebellion and IARB, I got suppppper excited. I don't hear any of that. I've tried so hard but its just... not.
Agree 100%
12:29 PM on 02/16/12
DynamiteShovel
User Info.
I need to vent about this album for a minute. Say Anything has been up there as my "all time favorite" for a long time. Since at least 2006. Before the leak, I was so excited and looking forward to it more than any other album. For the first few days, I tried to convince myself I liked it a lot. I defended this band in front of all my friends numerous times, even though each album is slightly weaker than the last.

Every time Max comes out with a new album and interviews about it, he talks about how it compares to Is A Real Boy... You can't compare anything to is a real boy. Stop trying. Please. It will seriously forever go down as one of the best records of its genre. But you don't have to undermine all of your new work by comparing it to the one album that brought SA big success.

I will forever love SA but the new album is the exact opposite of what I thought it was going to be. After reading Max's early interviews about the feeling of rebellion and IARB, I got suppppper excited. I don't hear any of that. I've tried so hard but its just... not.
YES! This.
01:33 PM on 02/16/12
Kdenisarealboy
As Much of The Sky As Possible
User Info.

Yup. When he said it would sound like IARB, I immediately expected AMD to have massive guitar parts like in Belt, or the pure emotion of songs like Yellow cat/ Red Cat and I Want To Know Your Plans.

But because of these expectations, AMD just feels empty, and lacking of something that I expected it to be.
02:10 PM on 02/16/12
Rysker6
I am not Tom Delonge
User Info.
Every time I hear about their new record, it's all mixed to negative reactions. I'm very anxious to hear it to say the least. And is he really no longer swearing? (Supposedly)
02:36 PM on 02/16/12
IndieKid!
The Registered User
User Info.
Exactly... Blah blah blah bullshit.. This album is garbage and I dont hear any similarities from is a real boy except the song title in admit it again... i feel like he says this about every record.. I love SA and all their previous work but this album does nothing for me. Maybe im growing out of SA but either way something is missing from this album.. Wish max would scrap this and start on the next release..
It is like he has no ability to understand why people liked his first (well second) album so much, if he thinks this is anything like it, he is wrong.
02:38 PM on 02/16/12
IndieKid!
The Registered User
User Info.
Every time I hear about their new record, it's all mixed to negative reactions. I'm very anxious to hear it to say the least. And is he really no longer swearing? (Supposedly)
The instrumental is pretty bland and the lyrics are boring, less wit.

It is basically the opposite of the album he was trying to emulate, which was full of interesting instrumental, emotion, catchy lyrics, ect.

I wish he would show me what he got.
03:19 PM on 02/16/12
Mistle
User Info.
holy shit, coby is freaking me out in that pic haha. and max is looking awkward as always.
03:27 PM on 02/16/12
petethemeat
Balla
User Info.
Personally love the album. Although it def doesn't sounds like IARB. I've been listening to it pretty regularly the past month and I'm still not tired of it. So take that for whatever is from a random dude on the internet who's been a fan since IARB.

P.S. Haters Gon Hate!
04:39 PM on 02/16/12
ThisIsNotDan
User Info.
Wait. So he holds back on the new songs and can't even say the word "bitch," but has no problem dropping the f-bomb in an interview?
I really don't think that was him holding back from using a swear, I think he was trying to convey that the subject the song is written about gets him so frustrated, in a "quirky" way
04:58 PM on 02/16/12
nowa312
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
It is like he has no ability to understand why people liked his first (well second) album so much, if he thinks this is anything like it, he is wrong.
I agree, that or he does it to hype the album the more... But that doesnt even make sense because it leaked so early... Idk I was a little harsh in that last post but I think this album was doomed from the beginning with the leak and the comparisons to is a real boy...

I hate when bands do this. It sets the expectations too high and they set themselves up for a let down. I can think of countless records that were compared to previous work that let me down. Also it gives the listener pre conceived thoughts of how its going to sound and when it doesn't sound like that, even if its good, its a let down and hurts the listeners ability to form their own opinion.
05:52 PM on 02/16/12
MBIIdollaBill
die young and save yourself
User Info.
wow, billboard interview, this band is going places (which should have happened ages ago!)
05:55 PM on 02/16/12
MBIIdollaBill
die young and save yourself
User Info.
and also this albums suck apparently, i'm sad to hear that
06:56 PM on 02/16/12
LastDeclaration
mmm tasty
User Info.
the guy on the far right is repulsively ugly. how has no one commented on him?

also, pumped to hear slumming it with johnny on the tour.
07:00 PM on 02/16/12
Acad08
@explorerbri
User Info.
I wouldn't really say that characterizes the album as a whole, but it's certainly more prevalent on this album than the self-titled. Regardless, I really enjoy their new album. Can't wait to see the new material live.
Exactly what went through my head. Looking forward to the shows!

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos