Username
Password
Say Anything News - Page 4
Displaying posts 45 - 51 of 51.
07:03 PM on 02/16/12
Acad08
@explorerbri
User Info.
My favorite part on the new album is the dulcimer solo. So awesome!
08:39 PM on 02/16/12
TheModernAge
User Info.
I'm just thankful he was able to produce two great albums like "Is a Real Boy..." and "In Defense of the Genre" because I'll always love those. I can't help the fact that I think the self titled and Anarchy suck, but I can always go back and listen to the older/better stuff.
10:47 PM on 02/16/12
OldJersey
I respect women
User Info.
What goes up, must come down. People peak, bands peak, then they inevitably regress. Say Anything peaked at IARB and have been regressing ever since, because they are in fact, human. Get over it.

But Max enough with the IARB comparison's dude, setting people up for disappointment and nothing else
11:35 PM on 02/16/12
Seth Robinson
User Info.
The album is half-assed and terrible. It sounds nothing like/has NONE of the feel of IARB. What the fuck is Max talking about?
06:24 PM on 02/17/12
IndieKid!
The Registered User
User Info.
I agree, that or he does it to hype the album the more... But that doesnt even make sense because it leaked so early... Idk I was a little harsh in that last post but I think this album was doomed from the beginning with the leak and the comparisons to is a real boy...

I hate when bands do this. It sets the expectations too high and they set themselves up for a let down. I can think of countless records that were compared to previous work that let me down. Also it gives the listener pre conceived thoughts of how its going to sound and when it doesn't sound like that, even if its good, its a let down and hurts the listeners ability to form their own opinion.
Agreed, even if the album is just okay, it makes it hard to enjoy it or see it as just a good album, not a great because he leads in you saying it is his best/in the same vein.

I personally think Max isn't going to release anything that good again, he isn't the same person and he is married and wants to do stuff with his wife and please her, which is great for him, glad he is happy, but I think.. well, his life is so different so his inspiration for all those quirky songs is just gone.
12:33 PM on 03/04/12
kneejerk
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
the Internet is nothing but knee jerk reactions anymore.

people heard three seconds of AMD and didn't hear Woe or Writhing South so they wrote it off as terrible.

there's maybe two songs actually about Sherri, so all of you saying the whole album's about her are retarded.

i just don't get the want for people to go back to the past. do you all, as people, want to revisit your worst times? that's what Max was going through when he wrote IARB and IDOTG.

the past is the past, BROS. people change, things change. this is where Say Anything is right now, this is where Max is. if you don't like it, SHUT THE FUCK UP. all i hear is WHINEWHINEWHINE THIS ISN'T IARB...like jesus christ, go listen to that then.

but AMD is their best album SINCE IARB. all the trademark quirk is right THERE, see: Peace Out and Overbiter. fuck all the haters.
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests