AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password
AP.net Related News - Page 12
Displaying posts 165 - 180 of 354.
04:21 PM on 02/16/12
badkins23
User Info.
The first three Thrice albums, especially The Artist in the Ambulance. I always see so many fans saying "listen to their old stuff" among other endless comparisons to how/why the old stuff is better. Personally, I love every album and the evolution of their sound from cd to cd.
04:21 PM on 02/16/12
Searos
Registered Member
User Info.
All American Rejects seem to have some die-hard fans attached to their self title. I know a lot of people like all their work and I think Move Along was their best but I see a lot of people having a deep connection with their s/t

The Audition - Champion
American Hi-Fi - s/t
We The Kings - s/t
Coldplay - Parachutes (I like A Rush Of Blood To the Head and Mylo Xyloto most)
Foo Fighters - The Colour and The Shape (not debut but we are going on break through or classic album)
those as well.
04:23 PM on 02/16/12
syntax omitted
User Info.
Copeland - Beneath Medicine Tree

I personally love every single release this band has ever put out but it seems like everybody loves the first most.
04:23 PM on 02/16/12
Jason Tate
User Info.
OA was definitely their most popular but I think that the fans that are left are the ones the say eithe Paper Walls or WYTTSY as their best. Personally I can't decide between the two, but i think most of the people crying over everything not ocean avenue mostly dropped off after the hiatus, and as weird as it seems I think the hiatus was the best thing they could've done for that reason. I hated every second of it but they finally got rid of the ney sayers and are left with a fanbase that truly appreciates every release.

And Ocean Avenue isn't Yellowcard's debut silly

Mayday Parade are also on this list for me. It's not really their fault, I just don't think they'll ever get back what they had with Jason's voice and writing. still love them but I don't think they'll ever top ALIR
I thought it was pretty clear that I meant 'debut as a major album/classic/force' - not their first release. Don't think any album on this list was technically a debut album.
04:24 PM on 02/16/12
Thomas Nassiff
resuscitation of the year
User Info.
And I think pretty much all the fans thought their latest was fantastic.
Every one of these bands popularity has fallen since then. Well, at least 75% of em. This genre isn't as in as it used to be.
I liked the last record but it wasn't as good as OA or Paper Walls
04:24 PM on 02/16/12
Jason Tate
User Info.
One of the most criminally underrated bands of the FOB-dominated pop punk era. I got TTTYG and LBC's Commitment at the same time, and I was a bigger fan of Commitment for quite a while.
I need an underrated album post someday.
04:25 PM on 02/16/12
Jason Tate
User Info.
And I think pretty much all the fans thought their latest was fantastic.
Every one of these bands popularity has fallen since then. Well, at least 75% of em. This genre isn't as in as it used to be.
fun. has the #3 single in the country and GCH's just went 3x platinum. The genre has some life in it.
04:25 PM on 02/16/12
lp670sv
Go Sabres
User Info.
I thought it was pretty clear that I meant 'debut as a major album/classic/force' - not their first release. Don't think any album on this list was technically a debut album.
Tell All Your Friends was their first LP I believe (waits for some religious TBS fan to correct me)...

I was just messing anyways. I'm just happy the YC is back and that they seem to have shaken off the legacy fans.
04:26 PM on 02/16/12
Jason Tate
User Info.
Fun aim ignite. Some nights is good but no where near this behemoth of a album
Fuck no.
EmoErk
User Info.
the number one all time example of this is Matchbook Romance. Their debut full length "Stories and Alibis" blew everyone away and their follow up disappointed many (although I did enjoy the change)
Searos
Registered Member
User Info.
Tell All Your Friends was their first LP I believe (waits for some religious TBS fan to correct me)...

I was just messing anyways. I'm just happy the YC is back and that they seem to have shaken off the legacy fans.
you are correct with Tell All Your Friends being their debut. It is the only TBS album I actually listen to.
04:27 PM on 02/16/12
Jason Tate
User Info.

There's the original EP with Antonio on vocals.
04:29 PM on 02/16/12
Searos
Registered Member
User Info.
I gotta agree with him. Aim & Ignite is more fun to listen to. Some Nights has some great tracks and the into/some nights track are up with the best fun. tracks but some of the album is just not as good. The vocal effects as I understand are an artistic decision and I respect that but makes some songs not that fun to listen to.
04:29 PM on 02/16/12
randys950
@randys950
User Info.
My Chemical Romance-Three Cheers
Story of the Year-Page Avenue
The Red Jumpsuit Apparatus-Dont You Fake It
Andrew WK-I Get Wet
Sugarcult-Start Static
Matchbook Romance-Stories and Alibis
04:30 PM on 02/16/12
lp670sv
Go Sabres
User Info.
There's the original EP with Antonio on vocals.
That's why i said LP haha I'm not disagreeing with you I was just nit picking for the fun of it
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests