AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password
AP.net Related News - Page 24
Displaying posts 345 - 354 of 354.
06:27 AM on 02/18/12
justinius23
User Info.
can i sneak in circle take the square - as the the roots undo?
02:43 PM on 02/18/12
ladedadada
The first rule of flying is love.
User Info.
This is the dumbest article I've ever read.

First, Is A Real Boy is their second album, From Under the Cork Tree their third, and They're Only Chasing Safety their third, too. Full Collapse is sophomore. So half the list doesn't count right off the bat! (I'm too lazy to Wikipedia it... is Ocean Avenue a debut? I feel like "No.")

Second, either your album is good or not. Only simpletons decide a record is bad merely in comparison to another record. The Green album would've sucked had it come out before Pinkerton. Same with Louder Now...

As regards Underoath, specifically, all three post-TOCS albums are better than TOCS. Disambiguation was met with praise by critics across the board.
02:51 PM on 02/18/12
ladedadada
User Info.
Debut albums are debut albums.
You can't erase them and call your sophomore your debut.
That means you, Pete Wentz. And you, Max Bemis!
03:11 PM on 02/18/12
Your Milkshake
...I drink it
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
This is the dumbest article I've ever read.

First, Is A Real Boy is their second album, From Under the Cork Tree their third, and They're Only Chasing Safety their third, too. Full Collapse is sophomore. So half the list doesn't count right off the bat! (I'm too lazy to Wikipedia it... is Ocean Avenue a debut? I feel like "No.")

Second, either your album is good or not. Only simpletons decide a record is bad merely in comparison to another record. The Green album would've sucked had it come out before Pinkerton. Same with Louder Now...

As regards Underoath, specifically, all three post-TOCS albums are better than TOCS. Disambiguation was met with praise by critics across the board.
The articles title shouldve been more clear, but then again you should have read the actual article more thoroughly.

What he means by "debut" is an album that put said bands on the map so to speak or albums released at the peak of a bands popularity, more commonly their major label debuts. You should have been able to deduce this.
11:25 PM on 02/18/12
MBIIdollaBill
die young and save yourself
User Info.
you should re-read that statement. DTGL is my favorite OU record.
I wasn't say I disagreed with you
04:00 PM on 02/19/12
phaynes1
AP.NET ILLUMINATI
User Info.
I'm just surprised that no one mentioned Thrice's "The Illusion of Safety" or "The Artist in the Ambulance".

I love them both, but to me, they're like Thursday, in how they continued to grow with each subsequent release. And I didn't want to hear "Play Deadbolt!" or "Play T & C!" 5000 times when I did see them.

Guess I could add Moving Mountains' "Pneuma" to this list as well.

Both these parts make me disagree strongly.
09:24 AM on 02/20/12
love_american_style
User Info.
Also, what about "Catch Without Arms?" That album was so much better than dredg's debut.

CWA was terrible. Everyone forgets dredg's debut wasn't El Cielo, it was Lietmotif.
04:21 PM on 02/20/12
ladedadada
User Info.
OMG THIS

EDIT: It didn't quote, it was "Third. Eye. Blind."
04:23 PM on 02/20/12
ladedadada
User Info.
btw Vheissu > (Artist in the Ambulance > Alchemy Index > Illusion of Safety > Beggars > Major/Minor)
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests
RSS