Username
Password

09:09 PM on 02/16/12 
User Info.
theDrivingSnow
I wouldn't know.
Portland, OR
Male
It's too underground even for you. It's essentially someone banging two pipes together mixed with a fork in a garbage disposal.

Then recorded with this:

Released on a 7" but they only released 5 copies so you just missed it.
There are lots of sound art/field recording/musique concrète artists doing similar stuff. Lee Patterson recorded himself frying an egg at home. It was released on limited mini CD-R, which you'd probably appreciate. But not really the thread for that type of stuff. You should make a new topic where we can discuss the real underground shit.
09:12 PM on 02/16/12 
User Info.
theDrivingSnow
I wouldn't know.
Portland, OR
Male
Was just saying, over his history of posting and then this thread it was my conclusion.

Did you know he died once?
Not sure why it took you so long to form that conclusion.

Back from the dead, and I'm even more of a douche.
09:26 PM on 02/16/12 
User Info.
theDrivingSnow
I wouldn't know.
Portland, OR
Male
Really stoked for the new Presk release on Fourth Wave. Label's been doing big things lately with those Gerry Read LPs. I guess I like Presk a lot because of the overlap with deep house.

Samples from the new one: http://soundcloud.com/fourth-wave/4th001-presk

Samples from his Love Again EP:

09:34 PM on 02/16/12 
User Info.
oldwirehands
billionsandbillions / Chris
chicago
Male - 28 Years Old
Verified
This thread might be my new fav after smoking.
09:36 PM on 02/16/12 
User Info.
theDrivingSnow
I wouldn't know.
Portland, OR
Male
This thread might be my new fav after smoking.
I liked what you posted. I'll try to keep the thread stocked with weed-friendly jamz.
09:39 PM on 02/16/12 
User Info.
theDrivingSnow
I wouldn't know.
Portland, OR
Male
I told myself I wouldn't listen to this any more until I got to hear it in the context of the album, but

09:42 PM on 02/16/12 
User Info.
oldwirehands
billionsandbillions / Chris
chicago
Male - 28 Years Old
Verified
I liked what you posted. I'll try to keep the thread stocked with weed-friendly jamz.

lol plz do. yea it's off of a split record by miszo and shifty. i don't know much about it, because it was a random album i downloaded, but i guess it was miszo's debut. it's basically a bunch of 1-2 minute beats, heavy on the bass. really fun stuff.
09:42 PM on 02/16/12 
User Info.
theDrivingSnow
I wouldn't know.
Portland, OR
Male
1:47 and 2:04 of "The Hope" and I'm like

09:45 PM on 02/16/12 
User Info.
theDrivingSnow
I wouldn't know.
Portland, OR
Male
Anyone who knows me knows I'm gay for Paul Rose

09:51 PM on 02/16/12 
User Info.
theDrivingSnow
I wouldn't know.
Portland, OR
Male
10:02 PM on 02/16/12 
User Info.
theDrivingSnow
I wouldn't know.
Portland, OR
Male
Bought a copy of Pinch's Fabriclive mix at my local record store yesterday. Love how it comes in that metal box. I had heard it before but playing it in the car, driving through the mountains, at night was a pretty incredible experience. I'm sure it'll still be one of my 2012 favorites by year's end.
10:06 PM on 02/16/12 
User Info.
Colorblind!
lord top button
London, ON
Male - 22 Years Old
I am wearing out The Hope so hard, those awesome-because-they're-cheesy synths are too good.
Anybody have any opinions on the Pinch and Shackleton LP? I usually gravitate towards the more floor friendly side of things, but I've been curious about what those two are doing ever since I heard the latest Pinch single.
10:10 PM on 02/16/12 
User Info.
theDrivingSnow
I wouldn't know.
Portland, OR
Male
I am wearing out The Hope so hard, those awesome-because-they're-cheesy synths are too good.
Anybody have any opinions on the Pinch and Shackleton LP? I usually gravitate towards the more floor friendly side of things, but I've been curious about what those two are doing ever since I heard the latest Pinch single.
The P&S LP is good; solid 3.5/5. I guess, though, I was hoping for a something a bit more out-there from two such unique producers and the fact that Honest Jon's put it out. You heard Pinch's Fabriclive mix, right?
10:23 PM on 02/16/12 
User Info.
Colorblind!
lord top button
London, ON
Male - 22 Years Old
The P&S LP is good; solid 3.5/5. I guess, though, I was hoping for a something a bit more out-there from two such unique producers and the fact that Honest Jon's put it out. You heard Pinch's Fabriclive mix, right?
Bits and pieces, but not the whole way through. I'm really behind on listening to mixes actually.
10:43 PM on 02/16/12 
User Info.
theDrivingSnow
I wouldn't know.
Portland, OR
Male
Bits and pieces, but not the whole way through. I'm really behind on listening to mixes actually.
It builds and builds and gets incredible in the second half.

Know what you mean about mixes. Been listening to this one lately; great synopsis of 2011 in bass musics.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos