AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Streetlight Manifesto News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Streetlight Manifesto Post Clips Off Upcoming Album

Posted by - 03:22 PM on 09/01/07
Streetlight Manifesto have posted song snippets of 3 songs off their upcoming album, Somewhere In The Between. You can find them here.

Submitted by ChickiManifesto

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 31
03:29 PM on 09/01/07
JunkBondTrader
Judas seems sincere...
User Info.
sounds like songs that could come right off their last album, or maybe its the same song, who fucking knows. Streetlight is far too patchy for me, they will put like 12 different parts of songs and ideas and try to make it a single song. resulting in a huge mess, they are good, but overrated and far too afraid to cut any of their ideas.
03:38 PM on 09/01/07
rerelease_
Registered Member
User Info.
sounds amazing
03:38 PM on 09/01/07
shaysexpanther
User Info.
Bout Damn Time
03:42 PM on 09/01/07
Dan1234
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
sounds like songs that could come right off their last album, or maybe its the same song, who fucking knows. Streetlight is far too patchy for me, they will put like 12 different parts of songs and ideas and try to make it a single song. resulting in a huge mess, they are good, but overrated and far too afraid to cut any of their ideas.

Agreed, they are so incredibly overrated. Tomas is not that talented. Listen to any of his guitar work.....it's not that great. I don't even give a shit about any news about this band unless it's an official album release date.
03:49 PM on 09/01/07
Screamcoremo
User Info.
My favorite band, and the clips sound pretty good. I don't understand why so many people don't like them. Their music is excellent.
03:57 PM on 09/01/07
forcestealer
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Agreed, they are so incredibly overrated. Tomas is not that talented. Listen to any of his guitar work.....it's not that great. I don't even give a shit about any news about this band unless it's an official album release date.

The man writes and arranges all the instruments as well as the lyrics. If his talent is what you question, i suggest you attempt to do the same.
04:03 PM on 09/01/07
classys
User Info.
Wonderful band.. love em
04:24 PM on 09/01/07
klogar
and hips are for running
User Info.
ahh, favorite ska band ever! i can't wait for the new album.
04:26 PM on 09/01/07
Tyler Dumont
@tylerdumont
User Info.
fucking awesome
04:40 PM on 09/01/07
ChickiManifesto
The Worker Bee
User Info.
It is all different songs. If you save them on your computer it tells you the song titles.

"We Will Fall Together" is the first one.
Would You Be Impressed, is one
Down, Down, Down, to Mephisto's Cafe is another
05:30 PM on 09/01/07
recall reality
But existing is basically all I do!
User Info.

They do sound like they could've come off of an older song, but they are really short clips. I tend to like their song structures, and while occasionally "patched" together, they have some amazing pieces of music. I think I know what you mean... some transfers between parts are more fluid than others, but I appreciate the unconventional, this kinda music can be a bit too repetitive otherwise. Not to mention, I enjoy Tomas' song writing immensely.

I'm not sure I'd defend his guitar playing as amazing or anything, but the band is quite good.
07:00 PM on 09/01/07
Cue the Sun
I'm not sad anymore
User Info.
sounds promising.
07:09 PM on 09/01/07
Dan1234
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
The man writes and arranges all the instruments as well as the lyrics. If his talent is what you question, i suggest you attempt to do the same.

pssh, i can play headache buzzing on any guitar and wail like a cranky old man
07:54 PM on 09/01/07
enossel
is fucking rad
User Info.
pssh, i can play headache buzzing on any guitar and wail like a cranky old man

He arranges the horn section, is what he means. While hes not the one playing it, he writes the harmonies and what not. Thats how they can have a revolving door of horn players and not loose any momentum, because they never lose their primary writer.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos