AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

12:00 PM on 02/17/12 
User Info.
claw38
Athens, OH
Male - 22 Years Old
-Seeing The Story So Far play in this tiny little bar that was packed with fans. Everyone was rushing the stage and just going crazy, and singing along to every song that night was one of the best times of my life.

-Hearing the opening notes of Dumpweed on the first tour Blink did after they reunited...I think I wanted to cry when I heard them haha

-Singing along with a huge crowd to Dancing Like A Ghost at a Valencia show...that whole show was one of the best I've been to
12:45 PM on 02/17/12 
User Info.
yayitsjoe
An American Workplace.
West Chester, PA
Male - 22 Years Old
Jealous of all you who have seen Oh, Sleeper.

Top 3:

- Jesse Lacey smiling at me when I started rocking out during Degausser (I usually barely move at shows, but I couldn't help it).
- Meeting Kevin Devine, except for the part when I acted all nervous fanboy.
- Catching Ben Gibbard's drumstick.

care to elaborate on this? I didn't know he played drums.
01:02 PM on 02/17/12 
User Info.
Moses Malone
And nothing of value was lost
Houston, TX
Male - 20 Years Old
Jealous of all you who have seen Oh, Sleeper.

Top 3:

- Jesse Lacey smiling at me when I started rocking out during Degausser (I usually barely move at shows, but I couldn't help it).
- Meeting Kevin Devine, except for the part when I acted all nervous fanboy.
- Catching Ben Gibbard's drumstick.
Three times. They always put on a great show.
01:03 PM on 02/17/12 
User Info.
Dustin Harkins
Go support Kony 2012 some more
Harker Heights, TX
Male - 23 Years Old
Three times. They always put on a great show.

Indeed they do. Living in DFW, I've seen em too many times to count. X_X But yeah haha.
01:04 PM on 02/17/12 
User Info.
likevipers
I'm ready to come home.
CA
Male
care to elaborate on this? I didn't know he played drums.
One of the cooler things I've witnessed. The whole show, he had like a two-tom setup next to him that he would play with one drumstick on songs like Title and Registration (that opening beat comes to mind) while singing and playing guitar. When they closed with We Looked Like Giants, he and Jason kinda naturally ended up in this beat near the end and Chris and Nick brought out the rest of a whole other drum set while this was going on, until they were each playing a full kit for that super drummy ending. When that epic madness was over, he tossed his sticks into the crowd, and me and this girl both caught the same one. She was cute, but I wasn't letting go. My friend suggested rock, paper, scissors, and I won. Then we went to Denny's.
01:12 PM on 02/17/12 
User Info.
flks511
You can't be my friend
Scottsdale, AZ
Male - 21 Years Old
Jimmy Eat World playing the New Years Eve Block Party in Phoenix two years ago. I was freezing my ass off and stiff as hell, but it was worth it to hear "23" live. Best concert I've ever been to.

Also, hearing "Hoodie Weather" at the Pop Punk's Not Dead Tour. I'm not a huge Wonder Years fan, but when they played that song, I was surprised at how emotional I ended up getting. I just about lost it when that last chorus came on.
01:14 PM on 02/17/12 
User Info.
schlotty
See you later, Joben!
Omaha, Nebraska
Male - 19 Years Old
1) Seeing blink-182 on their reunion tour. I didn't really know too much about them at the time but when I was there I knew something special was going on.
2) At the end of the blink concert on the Honda Civic Tour when Mark was throwing out the octopus t-shirts he came down off the stage, pointed me out, pushed everyone's hands away and gave one to me.
3) Go karting with Jimmy Eat World.
4) Not exactly a concert experience, but playing basketball with Sean Mackin from Yellowcard before one of their shows was amazing.
5) Going to the Foo Fighters concert by myself and waiting in line two and a half hours early to see them play for three hours.
6) Getting my first mic pass at a Wonder Years show.
7) Seeing AC/DC live.
8) Meeting Drake Bell was so cool.
9) Playing members of All-American Rejects my band's song after a show.
01:58 PM on 02/17/12 
User Info.
Craig Manning
Down in Jungleland
Staff Member
Just seeing you had posted reminded me I forgot one of the best: U2's final encore in Pittsburgh being "Bad." Hearing that incredible song live when I wasn't expecting it and thought they were done blew me away.

there's a song they need to play more often. Has there been any word on a new album?
02:06 PM on 02/17/12 
User Info.
White
A masochist cannibal dining alone.
Orgasmville, NA
Otherkin
1. Seeing Boys Night Out in Toronto (at the Reverb) in 2009, shortly after the release of their self-titled album. During their encore, when they played Composing, pretty much the whole crowd (myself included) kind of just swarmed the stage and got on with the band. 'Twas rad as a motherfuck. I hugged Connor afterwards.

2. Blink's reunion tour.
02:15 PM on 02/17/12 
User Info.
Dre Okorley
Undeclared
Staff Member
Chris Hannah of Propagandhi dedicating my favorite song of theirs to me.
02:16 PM on 02/17/12 
User Info.
andrew_upto11
Oklahoma City, OK
Male - 21 Years Old
Bruce: Blasting into the harmonica solo of "Thunder Road" after giving a speech introducing the album. "Born to Run," when the house lights came up and I looked at the thousands of people around and behind me, just screaming along with every word. And the sax solo and everything afterward in "Jungleland"

Sooooo coooool. I must see Bruce.
02:21 PM on 02/17/12 
User Info.
andrew_upto11
Oklahoma City, OK
Male - 21 Years Old
Finally seeing Taking Back Sunday in...2010 maybe? So much fun.

La Dispute playing on the floor at Bricktown Live in OKC. Still the best live band I've ever seen. Can't wait to see them again with Balance and Composure.

Going to the hospital after taking a crowdsurfer to the face watching New Found Glory. I was fine.

First kiss was while watching Gym Class Heroes on the tour they did with Fall Out Boy after Infinity on High came out.

Frank Turner sweated on me once.
02:25 PM on 02/17/12 
User Info.
josepablo32
Somos libres carajo!
Monterrey, NL
Male - 23 Years Old
A couple of weeks ago Set Your Goals came to my city with a backup drummer that didn't know some songs and two guys from the audience had the chance to play with them
02:26 PM on 02/17/12 
User Info.
cshadows2887
Boston, MA
Male - 27 Years Old
Verified
Tristan Prettyman: Halfway through her set asked if we'd be okay with her unplugging. Turned off her mic, unplugged her guitar and asked us to all come in an sit closer while she played. Then after her set ended she took requests and told stories for 40 more minutes.

Billy Joel: The house lights going up as the whole crowd sang the last chorus of "Piano Man".

Prince: The wordless vocal at the end of "Purple Rain" filling the entirety of Madison Square Garden as the house lights came on and confetti flew.

Averi: Discovering my favorite singer as an unknown opening act as Chad Perrone's voice just exploded in the bridge of "Despondent"

Motion City: Taking my sister to see and meet them at a tiny in-store on the day MDL came out, which was also her birthday. She tells me all the time it's a birthday present she'll remember for the rest of her life.
02:27 PM on 02/17/12 
User Info.
deanster321
BLEGH
Birmingham/Huddersfi...
Male - 23 Years Old
When I saw Alexisonfire in 2007 I yelled "DALLAAAAAS I LOVE YOU" before they played Pulmonary Archery, and it ended up being really audible on the live album they recorded that night. /sweetbrag

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos