Username
Password

06:43 AM on 02/10/13 
User Info.
Losthope182
----
Hyde Park, NY
Male
Anyone else ever have an issue where if itunes and another program (say Chrome) is open, itunes will jump in front of the other program every 30 seconds or so? I think it started happening a few days ago, but I wasn't really listening to anything so I just closed itunes, but it's incredibly frustrating and annoying.

I've tried everything short of re-installing, but when I googled it a few people said that didn't work anyway, so if anyone has any ideas, let me know.
04:38 PM on 02/10/13 
User Info.
Broken Parachute
arte et labore
Staten Island, NY
Male - 24 Years Old
they aren't going to eliminate the 999 Macbook Air anytime soon. that's their entry level computer and is still the best for doing actual work than an iPad.
I'm talking about only the $999 model. No one would buy that with 64GB when you can spend $100 more for the 128GB
05:17 PM on 02/10/13 
User Info.
Thomas Nassiff
resuscitation of the year
NYC via GNV
Male - 23 Years Old
Staff Member
debating whether to jailbreak my iphone...some of those tweaks are really tempting
05:28 PM on 02/10/13 
User Info.
underdawg1119
fghtffyrdmns
Atlanta, GA
Male - 26 Years Old
debating whether to jailbreak my iphone...some of those tweaks are really tempting

Just do it. You can always change it back if you need to.
05:43 PM on 02/10/13 
User Info.
DaveFeelsRight
it's still real to me dammit
sweet home chicago
Male - 24 Years Old

It really made the whole experience better when I had my iPhone.
05:51 PM on 02/10/13 
User Info.
loveisdead
LGJ
Long Island
Male - 27 Years Old
It's silly not to jailbreak.
07:12 PM on 02/10/13 
User Info.
Broken Parachute
arte et labore
Staten Island, NY
Male - 24 Years Old
Besides voiding the warranty (which can obviously be fixed by restoring the phone), what downsides are there to jailbreaking?

My friend is raving about his jailbroken phone because he can download songs to his music library directly from Pandora.
07:13 PM on 02/10/13 
User Info.
deadkidsean
__
UK
Female
voiding the warranty lol
07:15 PM on 02/10/13 
User Info.
DaveFeelsRight
sweet home chicago
Male - 24 Years Old
Besides voiding the warrant (which can obviously be fixed by restoring the phone), what downsides are there to jailbreaking?

My friend is raving about his jailbroken phone because he can download songs to his music library directly from Pandora.

Nothing that I can think of. Only if Apple releases a new version of iOS and if you choose to download it, you lose your jailbreak. And some lag is guess but that comes with all the apps/tweaks you have so eh.
07:17 PM on 02/10/13 
User Info.
Broken Parachute
arte et labore
Staten Island, NY
Male - 24 Years Old
voiding the warranty lol
Matters to some people.

Nothing that I can think of. Only if Apple releases a new version of iOS and if you choose to download it, you lose your jailbreak. And some lag is guess but that comes with all the apps/tweaks you have so eh.
I mean I'm fine with it the way it is now but I guess if I had a reason to do it, I would.
07:18 PM on 02/10/13 
User Info.
UnderMyDreams
No Avatar Selected
University Park, PA
Male - 24 Years Old
Besides voiding the warrant (which can obviously be fixed by restoring the phone), what downsides are there to jailbreaking?

Do it, it "voids" the warranty, but as it turns out, if your phone turns on you can restore it, and if it breaks and won't turn on they don't have any way to know.

It adds a lot to your phone, and there's a ton of tweaks you wouldn't even think of to find just scrolling through all the jailbreak apps.
07:19 PM on 02/10/13 
User Info.
DaveFeelsRight
sweet home chicago
Male - 24 Years Old
Matters to some people.

I mean I'm fine with it the way it is now but I guess if I had a reason to do it, I would.

I never realized how tedious it was when I had to constantly go through by settings if I wanted to change something. SBSettings is a revelation.
07:22 PM on 02/10/13 
User Info.
Drew Beringer
Senior Editor - @drewberinger - Locked Groove
Indianapolis
Male - 28 Years Old
Staff Member
I'm talking about only the $999 model. No one would buy that with 64GB when you can spend $100 more for the 128GB
oh okay, I can agree with that.
07:24 PM on 02/10/13 
User Info.
Jason Tate
Portland, OR
Male - 31 Years Old
Staff Member
Have still yet to see a single killer app worth jailbreaking for ... it's like when you first get a computer and are 15 and you change all the system icons ... by the time you're in your late 20s you just want to get shit done.
07:30 PM on 02/10/13 
User Info.
deadkidsean
__
UK
Female
Matters to some people.

How can that be considered a downside when all you have to do is restore the phone and no one would ever know? That's, like, an hour process––max.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos