Username
Password
All Time Low News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
All Time Low
Inside AP.net

All Time Low Talk About Next Album

Posted by: Jason Tate (02/17/12)
All Time Low will be going with just one producer on their new record. They talk about the direction they're going in a new video interview.

Submitted by JDubs66

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 35
10:32 AM on 02/17/12
NateFoundGlory
Why do you stay till you see blood?
User Info.
That's some heavy denial he's got in that first video.
10:37 AM on 02/17/12
DevinDomino
FUCKyeah
User Info.
I don't know why but I will always continue to support these guys. They're the nicest people ever, even if their previous two attempts have fallen short of expectations. I don't have very high expectations at all for this because I don't want to be let down but it's definitely a very anticipated record for me for 2012/13
11:09 AM on 02/17/12
WhoSaidThat?
twitter.com/TiredOfSeth
User Info.
I don't know why but I will always continue to support these guys. They're the nicest people ever, even if their previous two attempts have fallen short of expectations. I don't have very high expectations at all for this because I don't want to be let down but it's definitely a very anticipated record for me for 2012/13
Maybe it's because you're a good fan and not some fickle jackass who gives up on a band after one or two not-so-hot albums that don't begin to cancel out the rest of their body of work.

At any rate, obligatory "please be miles better than DW" post from me.
11:38 AM on 02/17/12
Playsw/Squirels
Duckies Rule!!
User Info.
Cant fucking wait. With the combination of them using one producer, in one allotted amount of time, writing more in one direction musically, with Alex being in the most creative point hes been (said in an interview), and with my extreme confidence in this band and Alex's writing, I really think this is going to be their best album yet, and hopefully the album that really blows them up. Im going in with high expectations.

Also,
Neal Avron please
11:40 AM on 02/17/12
herestoyoufla
Still starin' down the sun
User Info.
Interesting, but i'm not even gonna guess at what this album will sounds like until I can listen for myself.

Edit: Can someone upload this video to youtube please? I can't see the NME link at work and i'm really interested...
11:44 AM on 02/17/12
JZebrak57
I am not a registered user
User Info.
When is the "I haven't washed my hair in a year" look going to die?
11:51 AM on 02/17/12
Fringe
highfive
User Info.
Dirty Work wasn't that great, but almost every song in Nothing Personal has a pretty killer hook. Aside from it being more pop rock than pop punk, I have no idea why people hate that album so much.
11:52 AM on 02/17/12
JDubs66
Redesign Me, Redefine Me.
User Info.
Pumped for this album. It really sounds like they are going in the right direction with this album. One producer not many. Doing it all at once and not spread over the course of a year, and going in more of just one direction, rather than kind of experimenting. Jack tweeted awhile back saying one of the new songs Alex was writing reminded him of SWIR all time low. If that is the direction they have chosen (which it sounds like it is) added with all the stuff i mentioned earlier...this has the makings to be their best album yet and could very well be the stuff to volt them into the mainstream...all while doing it they way they want to. Stoked.
12:08 PM on 02/17/12
DevinDomino
FUCKyeah
User Info.
Maybe it's because you're a good fan and not some fickle jackass who gives up on a band after one or two not-so-hot albums that don't begin to cancel out the rest of their body of work.

At any rate, obligatory "please be miles better than DW" post from me.
Makes sense haha
12:12 PM on 02/17/12
Prae Omnia
User Info.
When is the "I haven't washed my hair in a year" look going to die?

When we get free hair care worldwide
12:14 PM on 02/17/12
DevinDomino
FUCKyeah
User Info.
Pumped for this album. It really sounds like they are going in the right direction with this album. One producer not many. Doing it all at once and not spread over the course of a year, and going in more of just one direction, rather than kind of experimenting. Jack tweeted awhile back saying one of the new songs Alex was writing reminded him of SWIR all time low. If that is the direction they have chosen (which it sounds like it is) added with all the stuff i mentioned earlier...this has the makings to be their best album yet and could very well be the stuff to volt them into the mainstream...all while doing it they way they want to. Stoked.

I realize those tweets were a good while back when those songs must have been in their infancy so just to update everyone on this, earlier this week on Reddit, Drummer, Rian Dawson, said "So far the demos that are coming in are very reminiscent of the up-tempo work from SWiR" so, just to let you guys know, that seems to be the direction they're headed in so far.
12:25 PM on 02/17/12
bladerdude360
saved latin. What did you ever do?
User Info.
Don't know if I should believe what they're saying about the direction of the record.
12:32 PM on 02/17/12
herestoyoufla
Still starin' down the sun
User Info.
Don't know if I should believe what they're saying about the direction of the record.
Yeah, we're really gonna just have to wait and see. They know that their older fans want them to head back to the SWIR sound that they started with, so it makes sense that they'd say this. They said similar things regarding "Nothing Personal" and "Dirty work"...
12:35 PM on 02/17/12
kismet
Occasionally a fan girl
User Info.
I feel like they realize that more doesn't mean better. Hoping for a Mayday-ish album (not the sound, the fact that they put out a good album after dropping the cowriters).
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums