Username
Password
All Posts by User
Displaying user's 2 posts.
08:34 AM on 02/20/12
RouletteDares
Stay Gold
User Info.
I went to all of them lol I remember seeing Enter Shikari on their first US tour in 05 I believe with Van Atta High at the Garfield American Legion. I have never seen that many people go off in a VFW show in my life. Definitely memorable. Then you had Paramus VFW (which still does some shitty shows here and there). That was the place where you saw all the touring acts that weren't famous yet like Patent Pending, Aspen It Is, Twin Atlantic, etc. Then when those died out, Mainstage in Pompton Lakes became THE spot to play at. That's where all the scene "heroes" played like Drop Dead Gorgeous, Folly, LoveHateHero, etc played. For some odd reason, that venue closed down for some strange reason. Then School of Rock in South Hackensack was the place to be until it closed down last year. Now the NJ scene has Canvas Clash in Boonton, Mexicali in Teaneck and Stanhope House in Stanhope. The scene is really hanging by a thread lol
I was at the same Enter Shikari show as well. I remember when hellogoodbye played at the KoC. I thought the floor was going to collapse from everyone jumping.
10:03 AM on 02/20/12
RouletteDares
Stay Gold
User Info.
I was there for that show also. I'm still friends with the guy who booked shows at the KoC. He told me it was the first time he booked a band for over a grand. He dropped 1500 for them. Back then, THAT was a lot of money lol. Now a band like I set my friends on fire plays for about 1500 dollars.
That's ridiculous haha. I really miss all those old venues. So many great times and memories.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests