Username
Password
Video News - Page 3
Displaying posts 30 - 45 of 64.
08:03 PM on 02/19/12
Jack Appleby
@JackMEB
User Info.
do you think they're going to keep Matt and dump Jonny?
I think it's a toss-up. I'd prefer they work on Secret Band, though there's so much money in the Dance Gavin Dance name that I doubt they'd just give it up. The first show of the tour was sold out - over 900 kids came out. It's not easy to walk away from that.

I actually think if they picked up Geise and wrote songs with his vocals in mind, it could be well-received. I have zero info though.
08:03 PM on 02/19/12
Jack Appleby
@JackMEB
User Info.
Looks like Will gained back all the weight? That dude is a beast on the guitar!

The band has always been their best with the Kurt & Jon line up.
Yeah, he's looking bigger these days again - I'm sure it's not easy to stay fit on tour.
08:12 PM on 02/19/12
.dot
behance.net/jordanhaenlein
User Info.
I hate judging performances based on youtube, but the clean vocals on those videos are horrible.
08:24 PM on 02/19/12
soadjaeger
User Info.
clean vocals rarely sound good on videos like this.
08:38 PM on 02/19/12
sickydicky
outlander!
User Info.
i dont think anyone should be backing the matt geise thing. i was at the show and he was close to terrible, couldnt hack those vocals at all. the band was great but honestly despite how much everyone loves to hate jonny and and all his personal shit, the band is at its most solid when hes in it
09:12 PM on 02/19/12
sergioisevil
User Info.
i dont think anyone should be backing the matt geise thing. i was at the show and he was close to terrible, couldnt hack those vocals at all. the band was great but honestly despite how much everyone loves to hate jonny and and all his personal shit, the band is at its most solid when hes in it
I can't disagree more. Personally my favorite DGD era was early 2009 when they released Happiness. It featured their most consistent and harmonious lineup with just one vocalist and Will handling screams. That era was them when (I imagine) they were having the most fun, and their live shows were always diverse because you'd never know what DBM song they'd play in case they needed to please any Kurt-naysayers (and Kurt would always handle DBM songs greatly). After Mess rejoined in 2010 it rendered the band, well, a mess as far as their lineup is concerned.

Jonnys undeniably talented but his talents are best appreciated in the studio. His antics and his vulgarities on the road and on stage bring the band down a lot of notches in my book.
09:24 PM on 02/19/12
Mattylikesfilms
If You Dig Up The Dead...
User Info.
despite how much everyone loves to hate jonny and and all his personal shit, the band is at its most solid when hes in it

No.
09:52 PM on 02/19/12
jaredohgren
I'm just an artist on a shelf.
User Info.
I think it's a toss-up. I'd prefer they work on Secret Band, though there's so much money in the Dance Gavin Dance name that I doubt they'd just give it up. The first show of the tour was sold out - over 900 kids came out. It's not easy to walk away from that.

I actually think if they picked up Geise and wrote songs with his vocals in mind, it could be well-received. I have zero info though.
yeah, I agree that he needs to write his parts. Can't he just go back to Lower D and bring back Kurt for another record like Happiness so everyone can be happy? sigh.
10:45 PM on 02/19/12
Jack Appleby
@JackMEB
User Info.
yeah, I agree that he needs to write his parts. Can't he just go back to Lower D and bring back Kurt for another record like Happiness so everyone can be happy? sigh.

For me, ALLB > DGD. I wouldn't want Kurt anywhere else.
I'm hoping all the DGD fans migrate over to the light side.
11:07 PM on 02/19/12
dancelukedance
User Info.
Hahaha! People being like "I don't know about this 'Matt Guy' ". He's an amazing vocalist.

11:36 PM on 02/19/12
LastDeclaration
mmm tasty
User Info.
For me, ALLB > DGD. I wouldn't want Kurt anywhere else.
I'm hoping all the DGD fans migrate over to the light side.
you think conversation piece is better than deathstar/happiness? blasphemy.
11:46 PM on 02/19/12
Jack Appleby
@JackMEB
User Info.
you think conversation piece is better than deathstar/happiness? blasphemy.
Better? Meh, that's relative.
I think Conversation Piece is musically more impressive as a whole, especially on vocal melodies and percussion. I love me some Will Swan and Zac Garren, but I really enjoy the whole package that is ALLB. I think Deathstar and Happiness are much, much more accessible. All three are great records, which I enjoy quite a bit.

My comment was more aimed at potential and the future. The DGD train has been derailed enough times to where I'm nearly over it, while ALLB is on the upswing, and I have full confidence their next release will destroy everything.
11:53 PM on 02/19/12
Jack Appleby
@JackMEB
User Info.
Hahaha! People being like "I don't know about this 'Matt Guy' ". He's an amazing vocalist.

I could see Matt being a mystery to a lot of newer DGD fans. The only majorly publicized Lower D release is almost four years old now.

I think he could actually be suitable for new DGD material.
12:15 AM on 02/20/12
dancelukedance
User Info.
I could see Matt being a mystery to a lot of newer DGD fans. The only majorly publicized Lower D release is almost four years old now.

I think he could actually be suitable for new DGD material.

Yeah I think he'd fit in nicely. If they record their next album with him I'll be super stoked. I just like his vocal style! It reminds of palumbo of GJ
12:23 AM on 02/20/12
Jack Appleby
@JackMEB
User Info.
Yeah I think he'd fit in nicely. If they record their next album with him I'll be super stoked. I just like his vocal style! It reminds of palumbo of GJ
If you like Glassjaw, you must be a letlive. fan.
And if you're a letlive. fan, you should check out this band on Spotify.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests
RSS