Username
Password

Comments: Page 12
Displaying posts 165 - 180 of 197
10:45 AM on 02/20/12
fenderstrat383
Kenneth Doolittle
User Info.
"Hold Me Down" by MCS absolutely wrecks me every time. It reminds me of a relationship in which we both wanted it to work, but just couldn't seem to succeed. It was horribly frustrating and sad.
How could I forget about this song! Oh my God! It breaks me down every time I hear it. So many nights come to mind when I hear this song.
10:51 AM on 02/20/12
klawansie7
do you believe in magic?
User Info.
fun.'s "The Gambler" is the song that always reminds me of my current girlfriend, our relationship, and the kind of love we have. Wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if it became our wedding song - she loves it as much as I do, probably even more.

from the moment I heard this song it reminded me of my parent's relationship... they met when they were really young and it really was "love at second sight". Whenever I hear it I think about how much they are in love and beautiful it is. awesome choice.
11:06 AM on 02/20/12
alert=danger
twitter.com/christopmclean
User Info.
The Acoustic version of Everlong will always break my heart whenever I hear it. Reminds me of the first girl I ever really had a proper thing for, and that ended pretty horribly.

The Smiths - Asleep is one of the most heartbreaking songs I can think of as well. I was in hospital for a few weeks years ago after I destroyed my back, and a girl, who was a good friend visited me a lot, and I fell madly in love with her, and then she suddenly stopped coming, I didn't speak to her for a few weeks and I found out that she had a boyfriend and he didn't want her to see me any more, and she just bowed to his wishes. This song was played a lot during that period...
11:10 AM on 02/20/12
klawansie7
do you believe in magic?
User Info.
after reading through this thread, I started thinking about songs that I consider my favorites of all time and why I like them so much. I realized that basically all of them are about love and loss... it seems to be a running theme in my life and it is insanely depressing. Here are some of the tracks and specific lyrics...

Bayside: Landing Feet First

Fall Out Boy: The (Shipped) Gold Standard - "I wanna scream 'I love you' from the top of my lungs, but I'm afraid someone else will hear me"

Less Than Jake: Look What Happened (The Last Time) [already wrote about this somewhere earlier in the thread...]

Motion City Soundtrack: My Favorite Accident - "I spent two years alone with you" & "I can't swim in the silence of your skin-skin/ please let me in"

EDIT:

The Wonder Years: Logan Circle - "I'm not even sad anymore, I'm just so tired most nights"
11:12 AM on 02/20/12
mattregan
www.twitter.com/vipregan
User Info.
My friend who has inoperable benign brain tumors only has about 5 years left to live. She told me Sleeping At Last's - Next To Me is officially my song from her. This is not normally my kind of music, but listening to this...just...makes..me...so..fucki ng....sad.

11:18 AM on 02/20/12
dashboardkid88
RVA
User Info.
YouTube is blocked at work or I would post videos as well.

Transit - Something Left Behind
Song reminds me of all my friends back home that I grew up with and it makes me sad that I have lost touch with a lot of them after going to college. There is only a handful of people I grew up with that I still talk to and I should work on that.

Tegan and Sara - The Ocean
Everytime this song comes on, I can't help but sing along even though the lyrics are sad. Idk it's weird haha. I guess it just reminds me when I stopped seeing this girl a few years ago and we didn't end on a good note. I then listened to Tegan and Sara one day and I connected to this song right away.

The Rosebuds - Cover Ears
This song just gets me everytime i hear it. I just love these lines "You'll always be that alone. I think about you there, do you know? Who's gonna love you if I go?" One of my favorite songs by The Rosebuds.

I could prob go on and on but those are the first three songs that come to mind.
12:03 PM on 02/20/12
Sikbeat37
You like music too? Woah.
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
fun.'s "The Gambler" is the song that always reminds me of my current girlfriend, our relationship, and the kind of love we have. Wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if it became our wedding song - she loves it as much as I do, probably even more.

I was curious if anyone else was going to bring this song up. Early on in my current relationship, I found out that my girlfriend loved The Format, so I took her to see fun. and Steel Train. When they played "The Gambler," I looked to my left to see how she was enjoying the concert. She was so happy and beautiful, with her eyes closed as she swayed to the song and mouthed the words. I couldn't do anything but stand rooted and try to comprehend how lucky I was to even be part of that moment. Granted, we're way too young to relate ourselves to most of the lyrics in that song, but this song will always bring me back to that night where I started to appreciate the gravity of our relationship. Almost two years since then, and I still smile every time when I hear that song. I think she does too.

In contrast, my first girlfriend back in high school tried to convince me that "Brown Eyes" by Destiny's Child was "our song" because we both had brown eyes, and she liked the song. Deep.
12:25 PM on 02/20/12
glitchcannon
User Info.
weird song choice but mines probably new year by death cab.
Everytime i hear it I am unable to think of anything else but her.
01:54 PM on 02/20/12
Rob Hrx
hates a girl with pity in her eyes
User Info.
Love me a good ballad...

Rookie of the Year - My Ocean
Ryan Adams - Gimme Sunshine (again, pretty much the majority of this guy's catalogue)
Taking Back Sunday - New American Classic
Something Corporate - Me and the Moon
Say Anything - I Want To Know Your Plans / Goodbye Young Tutor (this one is my personal sore spot)
JEW - Dizzy

Man, I could go on for a while... Discovering some really awesome songs reading this thread though!
02:05 PM on 02/20/12
marchofmarty
SPINE, THIGH, AND BREAST
User Info.
There are tons but here are the four most specific for me. I've only loved one girl so these are all about the same person.

"You're the Only One" by Maria Mena: This was "our song". Our first summer together right after I got my license we drove to Chicago to goto a beach there and it came on the radio and she sang it to me. From that point forward it was always "our song".

"You and Me" by Lifehouse: When this song came out she told me it reminded her of me. Almost a year later my high school ended up using it as the theme of my senior prom and the song they played when they crowned the prom queen and king. This song probably "hits me" the hardest because I don't like Lifehouse and because of that the memory of the song is super specific.

"Never Had A Dream Come True" by S Club 7: This was the very first song she told me reminder her of me a few weeks into our relationship because of the line "I never had a dream come true until the day that I found you". It's ironic because the rest of the song explains exactly how I felt about her after we broke up and how I still feel about her to this day.

"Oxygen" by New Found Glory: This CD came out a few months before we broke up for good and the song reminds me of the months leading up to that break up and how incredibly fucked up everything was. It was exactly how I felt about her at the time. Despite how volatile our relationship had become and how we both treated each other like shit I still felt so incredibly useless without her and the thought of her leaving me scared the shit out of me.

Songs that remind me of the girl I am currently kind of involved with / like a lot that make me feel happy but will eventually make me feel sad:

"I Want To Know Your Plans" by Say Anything
"Maps" by The Yeah Yeah Yeahs
"Digital Sea" by Thrice
"Cosmic Love" by Florence and the Machine
02:22 PM on 02/20/12
MIKEtheCIRCUIT
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
clavicle - alkaline trio.
02:24 PM on 02/20/12
treyj1234
This is the last night in my body.
User Info.
Darling you fucked uppppppppppppp

YES.
03:14 PM on 02/20/12
ren
on display
User Info.
Darling you fucked uppppppppppppp
I think if I had discovered Lydia when I could have appreciated the heartbreak more that this song would tear me up. It still is so poignant, but not in that way that can only be created by some synergistic creation of time and place. I bought this album when I was in utter bliss with the woman I ended up marrying, so lines like this were beautiful, but so hard to relate to.
04:32 PM on 02/20/12
OutOfStep187
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
My friend who has inoperable benign brain tumors only has about 5 years left to live. She told me Sleeping At Last's - Next To Me is officially my song from her. This is not normally my kind of music, but listening to this...just...makes..me...so..fucki ng....sad.

I lost my best friend to an inoperable brain tumor 7 years ago. We had been best friends for 12 years and watching her be sick was the worst thing in the world.

Testing the Strong Ones by Copeland was to me what this so is to you. It still makes me lose it.
05:16 PM on 02/20/12
roachguy1
@Boomersboro Did u say dick cream?
User Info.
early november - sunday drive
boxcar - there is

simple as that

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music