AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password
AP.net Related News - Page 13
Displaying posts 180 - 195 of 197.
04:17 PM on 02/20/12
anamericangod
User Info.
I think if I had discovered Lydia when I could have appreciated the heartbreak more that this song would tear me up. It still is so poignant, but not in that way that can only be created by some synergistic creation of time and place. I bought this album when I was in utter bliss with the woman I ended up marrying, so lines like this were beautiful, but so hard to relate to.
Consider yourself lucky.
04:30 PM on 02/20/12
roachguy1
@Boomersboro Did u say dick cream?
User Info.
my favorite song of all time is by far Day At The Fair - Homesick Angels; I used to listen to that song on repeat countless late nights all alone in the dark after having a rough evening or fighting with my girlfriend or being downright depressed.....hearing the earnest and honest love in chris barkers voice still gives me goosebumps to this day whenever that song comes on random all. A truely perfect song
08:14 PM on 02/20/12
ren
on display
User Info.
Consider yourself lucky.
Haha, I suppose I should. I was sort of wallowing in the fact that I couldn't relate to an amazing song rather than being grateful that I found someone who made such heartbreaking lyrics harder to relate to. Perspective, I should gain some.
08:16 PM on 02/20/12
ren
on display
User Info.
early november - sunday drive

This song... how did I forget about this song?
07:11 AM on 02/21/12
JulieLynn
Let's Be Alone Together
User Info.
Anberlin "The Haunting"
+44 "Lillian"
08:07 AM on 02/21/12
ostlerjs
User Info.
12:06 PM on 02/21/12
deFobbed14yrs
Legal Drug Dealer
User Info.
Ludo- anything for you

me and the bf's song
12:22 PM on 02/21/12
JulieLynn
Let's Be Alone Together
User Info.
John Mayer "St. Patrick's Day"
12:43 PM on 02/21/12
deFobbed14yrs
Legal Drug Dealer
User Info.
"I Want to Know Your Plans" by Say Anything is a song that I relate to immensely. I introduced it to this girl that I am currently falling for. Last week for Valentine's day, a friend of mine and I decorated the inside of her car. I left a note on her driver's seat with a flower on top of it. The note said "You're what keeps me believing the world's not gone dead". She sobbed when she read it. Last night, she texts me to come outside my house and she was there in her car. As i began to walk toward her car, she opened the door and "I want to Know Your Plans" was blaring. We stood in the street and just held each other for an hour. I have never felt more at peace or more happy than I did at that moment. I will never forget it. This song holds an incredibly special place in my heart.
that's fucking great
12:48 PM on 02/21/12
JulieLynn
Let's Be Alone Together
User Info.
I second this. I would die if a guy did that for me.
04:11 PM on 02/21/12
MegSo
you'll lose it in the end.
User Info.
The line "I'm counting back on all my mistakes from the back of a cop car where you told me you loved me..." in I Was Scared And I'm Sorry hits really hard, because the first place my ex said "I love you" to me was in the back of a cop car. Just weird to think back on that.

Hold Me Down also hits really hard, for obvious reasons.
Hold Me Down, yes. One of few songs that makes me want to stay in bed all day and not enough try to move.
12:00 AM on 02/22/12
Kdenisarealboy
As Much of The Sky As Possible
User Info.
I Want To Know Your Plans - Say Anything

Konstantine
08:49 PM on 02/22/12
cavanaughpark09
come on sweet catastrophe
User Info.
Cavanaugh Park by Something Corporate has been that song for me for over eight years.

After I saw them for the first time when I was sixteen I fell back in love with music and listened to Leaving Through the Window almost nonstop through my high school graduation. My last two years of high school were fairly miserable as a lot of my friends were a year or two ahead of me in school and a lot of them went to college far away. I was also just really ready to get out of the whole small town, going to school with the same people k-12 thing. I think I got really focused on the feeling of nostalgia that song has. Even though I couldn't really relate to a lot of the situations the song I guess I got attached to that feeling, knowing it was all going to be something I'd look back at.

That feeling was definitely amplified by college, just because almost all of my college experiences were so great and I felt like I grew up a lot then, and since then. I guess it just feels like a very timeless and full-circle song for me.
07:33 AM on 02/23/12
cody_rosebalm
User Info.
Thank you ma'am :D
10:23 AM on 01/27/14
Craig Manning
Down in Jungleland
User Info.
As for a love song that hit home for me:

In a really damaging relationship I was in with a pretty damaged girl. She was kind of an alcoholic and used to drunkenly pour her heart out to me, and she had hinted that there was something really bothering her that she was keeping from people. Well, eventually she tells me she's been cutting herself. The very next day, I heard "Blood Bank" by Bon Iver for the first time. In particular this verse:

That secret that you know, but you don't know how to tell,
It fucks with your honor and it teases your head,
But you know that it's good girl, 'cause it's running you with red.

Those lines just knocked me back when I heard them. Absolutely broke my heart when they made me think about how the person I love's only escape was hurting herself. And the lines about being stuck out in her car as snow started falling hit home for a relationship that started in winter. The rest of it isn't all that relevant, but those few lines and the heartbreaking beauty with which Justin Vernon sung them just crushed me, and still does. It's hard for me to listen to.
Is this what "Emerald" is about?
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums