GFYTN
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Hail Satan.
10:56 PM on 02/20/12
phillipjacob
@phillipjacob
User Info.
nothing but love and respect for this guy and his beliefs.
11:31 PM on 02/20/12
johnnyferris
Inside of your heart always
User Info.
Such a great guy.
11:54 PM on 02/20/12
StephenYoung
dumb
User Info.
Not a follower of religion, but I love seeing bands who follow their faith. Fuck the "christian" bands who are all about Jesus, but the second they're off stage it's party time, and they go crazy. Guys like ABR, Underoath, For Today, they have a message, a faith, and a goal and they stick to it. You won't see Jake from ABR or Mattie from For Today banging drunk girls after the show or anything; these guys are the real deal. And to me, that's way more hardcore than any tough guy who goes on and on about family and friends and stage dives.
01:31 AM on 02/21/12
TelleTWA
The Word Alive
User Info.
I think as a frontman, with so much to inspire, Jake is using his talents in a very positive way. I understand some people hate hearing about others beliefs, seemingly more so when it's about Christianity, or God. However, Jake isn't forcing his beliefs on anyone, so why be disrespectful? I've never understood that.

I've known Jake for a few years, and he's always been someone I really look up to as more than just a powerfully commanding frontman, but as a man who is doing good in this world and helping to mold younger people in a positive way. I am proud of ABR for all they have accomplished, they are hard working, care about music, care about their fans, and really are one of the few "Christian" bands I've ever toured with, who truly convey on and off stage, what they believe in.
01:41 AM on 02/21/12
Sext Offender
hey bud, lets party
User Info.
hail satan
03:09 AM on 02/21/12
indoorfavorite
-fucked up and dead-
User Info.
Good read... Not a believer myself, but even if I do strongly disagree with a few things that "religious" people tend to support/decry, I know there are many who are just trying to do the right thing, and really do follow the "love thy neighbor" mantra better than a lot of non-believers.

That said, I would still just love to go on tour.
06:51 AM on 02/21/12
Nolessthanblink
Are you watching closely?
User Info.
So good to see mention of God and how wonderful he is on this website, since the threads are usually filled with such hate and negativity. ABR is a great band with an even better live performance. Really happy for these guys and I wish them all the success in the world!
06:52 AM on 02/21/12
therookielot
the shape of punk just came
User Info.
There's no such thing as god.
There's no such thing as nothing.
06:58 AM on 02/21/12
creativemind
every planet we reach is dead
User Info.
amazing guy
07:51 AM on 02/21/12
kneifelspy
She never sleeps.
User Info.
It's nice when an artist can talk candidly about his faith and it doesn't turn into a bunch of trolling. It's obvious there is a lot of respect here for Jake and that's cool. Good blog post, very inspiring.
11:10 AM on 02/21/12
Brandonmorrill
User Info.
"We sing for you!"
11:51 AM on 02/21/12
Spencer Control
you'll grow your soul away
User Info.
Respect. So much respect.
12:58 PM on 02/21/12
Darkest Blue
Don't drop your arms.
User Info.
Email it to him at Jake@heartsupport.com and he'll check it out.
Thanks man! Email away! You rock
01:02 PM on 02/21/12
AlexHuffman
User Info.
Played with this band in Lexington, KY in like 2006. It was literally Jake's first or second show in the band, and I have crossed paths with him a few times in the years since. It's hard for me to think of any people I have met while touring and playing music that are as genuine and humble as he. While we have divergent beliefs, I fully support and admire anyone who seeks to spread positivity and humility to an audience such as his.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos