09:51 AM on 02/23/12 
User Info.
Palestinian
Unregistered User
No Avatar Selected
Bay Area, CA
Male - 20 Years Old
Ash Wednesday.

Also, I overheard someone saying "Wait, Ash Wednesday is today? I didn't know that it was already the first day of Spring!"

Was the bolding of the word 'Ash' supposed to clarify anything? Because it didn't.
10:41 AM on 02/23/12 
User Info.
Palestinian
Unregistered User
No Avatar Selected
Bay Area, CA
Male - 20 Years Old
Yes, I felt that someone asking about the "black crosses" might be able to connect the them to "ash".

Religion is so, painfully, stupid.
10:50 AM on 02/23/12 
User Info.
Palestinian
Unregistered User
No Avatar Selected
Bay Area, CA
Male - 20 Years Old
Ignorance is even more painfully stupid.

Oh, ignorance? Isn't that a like a synonym of religion?
11:01 AM on 02/23/12 
User Info.
Palestinian
Unregistered User
No Avatar Selected
Bay Area, CA
Male - 20 Years Old
no, you should probably learn how to use a thesaurus

11:05 AM on 02/23/12 
User Info.
Palestinian
Unregistered User
No Avatar Selected
Bay Area, CA
Male - 20 Years Old
You should treat AP and give up being a really shitty poster for lent.

11:38 AM on 02/23/12 
User Info.
Palestinian
Unregistered User
No Avatar Selected
Bay Area, CA
Male - 20 Years Old
I feel like you're calling me stupid, despite the fact that I'm an atheist. The difference between the two of us is that I, rather than being an ignorant ass like yourself, actually know something about other religions rather than basing my prejudices on ignorance.

Are you the human embodiment of religion? If not, you're taking offense to nothing. I went to Islamic schools from Pre-K to 8th grade, in which I not only studied Islam, but every other major religion (and not-so-big religions) in the world, extensively. Religion is stupid, plain and simple. I don't have any prejudices. I'm fine with religious people and the idea of religion. I just think it's all stupid.
07:16 PM on 02/23/12 
User Info.
Palestinian
Unregistered User
No Avatar Selected
Bay Area, CA
Male - 20 Years Old
Calm the fuck down. Seriously. We all believe in something. I have faith. I may not be the best Roman Catholic roaming the earth, but I believe in "something."

Religion is something you decided for yourself. Its not "stupid" to want to have faith or believe in something.

While I disagree heavily with atheists, I can at least honor the pursuit of truth by means of human logic. I, myself am a Christian. What I can't honor are atheists that are atheists because they "hate all religions," as if there is nothing good to be found in any religion, ever. That is prejudice, absolutely, and ignorant, and in my eyes, no worse than the religious people that atheists love to point out as "bigots." Atheists who say all religious people are bad or religion is "for the dumb" or something is incredibly irrational and illogical, which is the total antithesis of atheism pursues (logic and rationalism). Atheists that say such things are no different than the people that say "If you eat meat on Friday as a Catholic you're going to Hell." How is hating all religions any less bigoted?

Answer: It's not.

1) I'm a deist. I don't think the world just happened. I think there's some higher power behind it. I'm not going to try to justify this thought by following a ridiculous religion with incredibly specific details and practices that make no logical sense.
2) The Earth is 4.6 billion years old. 4,600,000,000 years old. There is rock in oceanic crust that dates back 200 million years. There is continental crust that dates back 4.3 billion years. I find the idea that 2,000 years ago, a man said he was son of God, sent by God, and people actually believe it, ridiculously silly. 2,000 years ago, really? Why so late? Couldn't any person do exactly what he did? And the bible says that the Earth is 6,000 years old. Are you kidding me? There are fucking human skeletons that are 3+ million years old. The book of God is plainly and simply wrong. How does this make sense to anyone? How big do the countless holes have to get before people see through them?
3) Humans are clearly and obviously too stupid to follow religion without being bigoted to some extent. That doesn't mean everyone is too stupid. I'm not calling you stupid. I'm saying the average human is too stupid. The hilarious part is, it's the average human with average intellect that gets sucked into religion further than anyone else, so we all suffer from religion because religious idiots are a majority of sorts.
4) I think religion is beautiful in theory. Not in reality.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos