don't see an end in sight 40 40.00%
Voters: 100. You may not vote on this poll

12:36 AM on 02/21/12 
User Info.
domotime2
Shut Your Mouths While I'm Talking
New Jersey
Male - 28 Years Old
my friend asked me how long do i think facebook will be this dominant for?

And i said...i'm really not sure, because I can't really rely on any precedent to help me come up with some sort of answer. Social networking sites have NEVER been as big as they are now....and there are more adults and teens joining everyday. But like any fad, product..it has to die down eventually. But why? Will people eventually stop caring about social networking? I doubt it. A society in which we don't want to be the center of attention anymore, and a society where we don't care what everyone's doing.

in my opinion, the only thing that would ruin facebook is.......something else. something that isn't out there that will comprise all the aspects of faceboook but better somehow. time travel.

So how much longer will facebook rule our lives? and why? bonus points
07:27 AM on 02/21/12 
User Info.
cwhit412
College Park, MD
Male - 21 Years Old
I really don't see Facebook ending soon, unless there's a government run social networking system that everyone in the country has, made at birth.
Of course, myspace died, but I see Facebook lasting a lot longer.
01:12 PM on 02/21/12 
User Info.
MyFriendsOver
Your pictures are already burned.
Milwaukee, WI
Male
If I had been asked this question 5 years ago, I would not have predicted that facebook would still be at the level that it's at today. I think it's bigger now than it's ever been. I don't even know how to guess. But I agree with the post before mine, saying that the only thing that could cause Facebook to wane would be a better social network.
03:18 PM on 02/21/12 
User Info.
laxcrs
Fuck what you know!
Philly
Male - 26 Years Old
losing popularity at least in my opinion. a ton of my friends are looking for jobs and dont want to deal with the possibility of jobs seeing everything. also the new timeline im not a fan of.
06:24 PM on 02/21/12 
User Info.
defy_stars
midnight nuisance
i give it 4 or 5 years. i don't like it as much as i used to and a lot of people i know are using twitter a lot more often.
06:42 PM on 02/21/12 
User Info.
TheZeroKid
I'm Not Holden Caulfield
New York, NY
Male - 25 Years Old
I don't see it ending any time soon, but a big reason why Facebook's so popular is because it's simple and easy to use. They keep on piling more and more things on users the same way Myspace did, and FB's reign will start to decline.
09:06 AM on 02/22/12 
User Info.
_bluestOCT
Are you my trouble?
New Jersey
Female - 21 Years Old
I'd say it'll be around for 5+ years, since it just keeps evolving itself. Sure, it takes a little while to get used to the new changes, but they introduce things slowly and often instead of just have one huge change. Not saying that I necessarily like all of the changes Facebook makes, but I get used to them and they don't bother me enough to the point that I want to stop using the site.
12:52 PM on 03/04/12 
User Info.
Cody Nelson
R.O.T.T.W.E.I.L.E.R. S.N.A.T.C.H.
Minneapolis, MN
Male - 22 Years Old
For the foreseeable future.
10:14 AM on 03/05/12 
User Info.
thesinkingship
You gave her shit
Tralfamadorian
I think it's losing popularity but it'll still last for several more years. Until another social network takes its place.
06:27 PM on 03/05/12 
User Info.
daftpunker45
Yeezus season approaching.
Connecticut
Male - 17 Years Old
It's definitely more than 5 years...but it's not something you can set a date on since it set a social networking precedent like Microsoft has with computers.
07:33 PM on 03/05/12 
User Info.
guitarguy211
The Starship Renegade
Salem, OR
Male
I voted 2-3 years, only because I feel like someone is gonna create a simpler more efficient version that everyone is gonna jump to. Tumblr has also been really taking off lately for one. Facebook has so much competition as compared to Myspace who basically monopolized social networking.
02:22 AM on 03/09/12 
User Info.
musicfan2006
Male - 32 Years Old
I voted don't see an end in sight and really I dont see it..and if they keep improving they could last a long long time
04:50 PM on 03/09/12 
User Info.
Stephin_DC
Registered Member
Toronto
Male - 25 Years Old
Nothing stays at the top forever
FB lost its cool factor a long time ago
5 years at the most
11:59 PM on 03/09/12 
User Info.
KenneyBN
will be gone till July 2015 on mish
Edmonton, AB
Male - 20 Years Old
Nothing stays at the top forever
FB lost its cool factor a long time ago
5 years at the most

I honestly think Google will always be the number one search engine. Who knows, Facebook could end up being the google of social media, eventually buying out other social media sites. Like what Google did with Youtube.
10:23 AM on 03/12/12 
User Info.
saintnumberfive
Don't wake me, I plan on sleeping
Everett, WA
Male - 29 Years Old
I honestly think Google will always be the number one search engine. Who knows, Facebook could end up being the google of social media, eventually buying out other social media sites. Like what Google did with Youtube.

this. My buddy uses Bing, for some reason..

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos