Username
Password

Comments: Page 2
Displaying posts 15 - 30 of 40
09:19 AM on 02/21/12
phaynes1
AP.NET ILLUMINATI
User Info.
You now have one less. Impulse purchase for the win (I've been working a ton of hours lately, and this is one of my favorite albums ever, so I decided I deserve this). Also, this is my second vinyl ever (the first being free from my client), and I have absolutely nothing to play it on.

I imagined you doing that, which made me nearly spit up Monster. Also, look at the above - how proud of me are you?!?!

Pretty proud as its definitely one of my faves and a very purtty one but tht means you didn't buy Commitment which is a lil disappointing.
09:22 AM on 02/21/12
kemichels
I drove through ghosts to get here.
User Info.
haha, don't worry. I submitted this as soon as it went up yesterday night! I've been watching it repeatedly. Just get kind of choked up when I start thinking about this whole thing. It was nice to hear they left my shout-out in within the first 4 minutes

I'm still sort of confused at how Patrick has become known as the Culpa nut around here, although maybe it's a good thing I'm not known as the insane one anymore . I must have missed something because I haven't seen him active about Culpa on this site until after they announced their breakup. But then again, I post more in the forums themselves and don't post much in the News comments, such as in this thread, so I probably missed a lot of his activity.
Love him though and would easily cry w/ him for hours over Culpa. If he was a female, I would probably break up with my girlfriend for him.

It's been so nice to see people on this site develop such a love for this band, when years ago I would just bump my own threads 10x before I even got a comment. Seriously thankful for a lot of the friends (including you, Casey) I've made on this site for helping spread the word about them, and for the staff in helping me get an exclusive stream of SYR when it came out (I heart you Eda!).

I miss them. Band played a huge part in my life and has been a motivation for a lot of the things I do. Strange how music can do that to you, but I honestly felt like I lost a part of me when they announced their break up.
09:24 AM on 02/21/12
phaynes1
AP.NET ILLUMINATI
User Info.
haha, don't worry. I've been watching it repeatedly. Just get kind of choked up when I start thinking about this whole thing. It was nice to hear they left my shout-out in within the first 4 minutes

Haha that was a pretty cool moment. Also, Tristan's bass on that song made me realize anything I tried to play on bass before that was me fucking up.
09:30 AM on 02/21/12
Jake Jenkins
dont talk to me
User Info.
bonus points to the amount of times you can spot sophos

i got 5
09:40 AM on 02/21/12
kemichels
User Info.
Also, just bought another SYR vinyl. Fuck it. Ya'll should too. Scott Heisel is a great guy for putting this out on his label. Both he and Alt Press have always been so supportive of this band, which is incredibly awesome.
09:48 AM on 02/21/12
phaynes1
AP.NET ILLUMINATI
User Info.
Also, just bought another SYR vinyl. Fuck it. Ya'll should too. Scott Heisel is a great guy for putting this out on his label. Both he and Alt Press have always been so supportive of this band, which is incredibly awesome.

Seriously. So awesome of him to help out so much.
09:49 AM on 02/21/12
kemichels
User Info.
Haha that was a pretty cool moment. Also, Tristan's bass on that song made me realize anything I tried to play on bass before that was me fucking up.
Tristan's bass sound is just ridiculous. I really hope he continues to do stuff with music because I will miss it too much, haha.
10:08 AM on 02/21/12
phaynes1
AP.NET ILLUMINATI
User Info.
Tristan's bass sound is just ridiculous. I really hope he continues to do stuff with music because I will miss it too much, haha.

Agree completely.
10:59 AM on 02/21/12
thefelixculpa
The Felix Culpa
User Info.
Probably the last time I check this.

In lieu of quoting each of you individually, let me just say to everyone that has ever posted on a Culpa related forum, or ever will, that it was honestly a joy to come here and read the comments that you guys made about our music. Us... dumb little band that I started with my friends in Beloit, WI when I was a kid. Thank youfrom the bottom of my heart.

You will hear more from each of us. Watch for Cut Teeth, Venna, Thereafter and more.

Honestly. I wish I knew each of you as well as I know some of you. This forum/site allowed me to at least share some of it with you. Please keep in touch.

Love.

-Marky
11:22 AM on 02/21/12
phillycheese37
I'll be back around
User Info.
I bumped "Sever Your Roots" really hard the other day. Sad to watch these dudes go, but extremely grateful for the music they left. Good luck guys :)
11:31 AM on 02/21/12
phaynes1
AP.NET ILLUMINATI
User Info.
Play both that an commitment every time I go on a long drive which is often.
11:58 AM on 02/21/12
tottivillarossi
these pretzels are makin me thirsty
User Info.
haha, don't worry. I submitted this as soon as it went up yesterday night! I've been watching it repeatedly. Just get kind of choked up when I start thinking about this whole thing. It was nice to hear they left my shout-out in within the first 4 minutes

I'm still sort of confused at how Patrick has become known as the Culpa nut around here, although maybe it's a good thing I'm not known as the insane one anymore . I must have missed something because I haven't seen him active about Culpa on this site until after they announced their breakup. But then again, I post more in the forums themselves and don't post much in the News comments, such as in this thread, so I probably missed a lot of his activity.
Love him though and would easily cry w/ him for hours over Culpa. If he was a female, I would probably break up with my girlfriend for him.

It's been so nice to see people on this site develop such a love for this band, when years ago I would just bump my own threads 10x before I even got a comment. Seriously thankful for a lot of the friends (including you, Casey) I've made on this site for helping spread the word about them, and for the staff in helping me get an exclusive stream of SYR when it came out (I heart you Eda!).

I miss them. Band played a huge part in my life and has been a motivation for a lot of the things I do. Strange how music can do that to you, but I honestly felt like I lost a part of me when they announced their break up.
Don't worry, Kevin. Everybody knows you're the genuine Culpa nut, and this Patrick guy is merely a pretender to the throne.
12:00 PM on 02/21/12
adurna_isidar
User Info.
So effin sad.
12:02 PM on 02/21/12
Andy Young
@YayItsAndy
User Info.
Such a great band. I shed a couple of tears.
12:28 PM on 02/21/12
AdamChildress
Wondrous Oblivion.
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Damn, I miss them.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles