AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Video News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

BBC On KCRW

Posted by - 09:19 AM on 02/21/12
Bombay Bicycle Club are currently in the middle of their first North American headline tour. They stopped by KCRW to perform "Lights Out, Words Gone" live in the studio. Check it out in the replies.

Displaying posts 1 - 14 of 14
09:19 AM on 02/21/12
Kyle Huntington
GIVEN TO THE WILD
User Info.
11:42 AM on 02/21/12
saintnumberfive
Don't wake me, I plan on sleeping
User Info.
my favorite band i recently "discovered". I know they've been around for like, 3 albums? But I just heard them a few months ago and am now enamored..
04:17 PM on 02/21/12
plastic_knife
Can I buy a vowel?
User Info.
I love Lucy Rose.
05:25 AM on 02/22/12
*crying stars*
... are you crazy?
User Info.
This is gorgeous, of course. I can't believe I haven't been able to see them live yet.
04:21 PM on 02/22/12
srduncan
User Info.
I appreciate the coverage on Bombay Bicycle club. Not enough posts about it, but yah. Thanks. Such a great band with great guys. I'd love to meet 'em. They seem way fun.
04:27 PM on 02/22/12
srduncan
User Info.
my favorite band i recently "discovered". I know they've been around for like, 3 albums? But I just heard them a few months ago and am now enamored..
yah, they are so good right? stumbled across them here, somehow, amidst all the random posts. I watched one of their glastonberry performances and I was hooked.
05:39 PM on 02/22/12
Kyle Huntington
GIVEN TO THE WILD
User Info.
I appreciate the coverage on Bombay Bicycle club. Not enough posts about it, but yah. Thanks. Such a great band with great guys. I'd love to meet 'em. They seem way fun.
I do pretty much post any bit of news about them possible. Also reviewed their latest album too if that helps. I'm a big, long-time fan/follower. Glad you enjoy them!
05:17 PM on 03/03/12
srduncan
User Info.
I do pretty much post any bit of news about them possible. Also reviewed their latest album too if that helps. I'm a big, long-time fan/follower. Glad you enjoy them!
i don't frequent the review section. Did a search and couldn't find it, just saw the "i had the blues and shook them loose" review. I'm interested in reading it though for sure. Link?
01:21 PM on 03/04/12
Kyle Huntington
GIVEN TO THE WILD
User Info.
i don't frequent the review section. Did a search and couldn't find it, just saw the "i had the blues and shook them loose" review. I'm interested in reading it though for sure. Link?
Yeah the search function is pretty messed up lately. Here are various links to stuff around the site:

My Review: http://www.absolutepunk.net/showthread.php?t=2411422
Album Thread: http://www.absolutepunk.net/showthread.php?t=2316852
Band Thread: http://www.absolutepunk.net/showthread.php?t=1174092
01:42 PM on 03/13/12
srduncan
User Info.
Yeah the search function is pretty messed up lately. Here are various links to stuff around the site:

My Review: http://www.absolutepunk.net/showthread.php?t=2411422
Album Thread: http://www.absolutepunk.net/showthread.php?t=2316852
Band Thread: http://www.absolutepunk.net/showthread.php?t=1174092
hey, thanks kyle. i just sat down to read it. Brilliant. Favorite parts of the review: mentions of the intimacy that a different kind of fix maintains during still; I totally agree with how mystical the climax of shuffle. I also totally agree about how Jack threw in his dance music styles in the mix. It's a great album for them.

Also Hey, i just watched maccabees's pelican video on youtube. What's the best place to start with the maccabees? i'm interested...
02:47 PM on 03/13/12
Kyle Huntington
GIVEN TO THE WILD
User Info.
hey, thanks kyle. i just sat down to read it. Brilliant. Favorite parts of the review: mentions of the intimacy that a different kind of fix maintains during still; I totally agree with how mystical the climax of shuffle. I also totally agree about how Jack threw in his dance music styles in the mix. It's a great album for them.

Also Hey, i just watched maccabees's pelican video on youtube. What's the best place to start with the maccabees? i'm interested...
It's a tough call, each of their three albums is pretty different to the next because of their growth as songwriters and producers. If you enjoyed "Pelican" definitely pick up Given To The Wild, their latest album which came out in January. But as a go to starting point, I'd still probably recommend their second album, Wall Of Arms. Their debut Colour It In is really great too but doesn't feel as much like a well constructed album as the other two.

If I was you, I'd probably get all three and listen to them in order to hear their progress: Colour It In, Wall Of Arms, Given To The Wild.
11:57 AM on 03/17/12
srduncan
User Info.
It's a tough call, each of their three albums is pretty different to the next because of their growth as songwriters and producers. If you enjoyed "Pelican" definitely pick up Given To The Wild, their latest album which came out in January. But as a go to starting point, I'd still probably recommend their second album, Wall Of Arms. Their debut Colour It In is really great too but doesn't feel as much like a well constructed album as the other two.

If I was you, I'd probably get all three and listen to them in order to hear their progress: Colour It In, Wall Of Arms, Given To The Wild.
k, sounds like a plan. I'll see what I think, definitely let you know dude. thanks for the recommendations

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos