Username
Password

Comments: Page 15
Displaying posts 210 - 225 of 226
10:40 AM on 04/08/12
SpyKi
This Charming Man
User Info.
Stars is fucking amazing. I wasn't a fan of the autotuned part at first but it grew on me like a motherfucker. Top 5 on the album for me.
11:04 AM on 04/08/12
Manufactured Dreams
Fabricated Revolution
User Info.
Love Stars. Definitely one of my favorites on the album.
05:47 PM on 05/06/12
RyanGarner
Registered Member
User Info.
I still fail to understand the hype behind this album and this band.
09:16 PM on 05/06/12
stonecoldfox
You can't afford to live like this
User Info.
Have you heard Aim & Ignite? I mean, if you can't stand this band it might not change your mind but it's at least a much more cohesive (and, yeah, better) album than Some Nights. Then again, I've been a huge Nate Ruess fanboy for years so I'm a little biased.
12:27 AM on 05/07/12
Searos
Registered Member
User Info.
Like the other post said go check out Aim & Ignite. This album is nothing compared to that.
12:33 AM on 05/07/12
Manufactured Dreams
Fabricated Revolution
User Info.
I fail to understand the point of this post.
08:06 AM on 05/07/12
RyanGarner
Registered Member
User Info.
Have you heard Aim & Ignite? I mean, if you can't stand this band it might not change your mind but it's at least a much more cohesive (and, yeah, better) album than Some Nights. Then again, I've been a huge Nate Ruess fanboy for years so I'm a little biased.
I haven't but I'll definitely check it out. I enjoy the first two tracks on this album but the rest just doesn't do it for me.
11:19 PM on 06/12/12
Stereocascade
Doing weird things.
User Info.
fun. will always remain high in my regard, especially with this release. Even though I do prefer Aim and Ignite and enjoy much more than Some Nights, this album is still one for the books. Nate never disappoints!
06:52 AM on 08/23/12
beckster01
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
This is the first time that I have ever bought an album on a whim for one song (Carry On), and found that the other tracks are just as good, if not better! I've been listening to this all week, and I usually put my ipod on shuffle and leave it there.
02:13 PM on 09/21/12
joshmajika
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Great second step for this band. They're going places.
08:33 AM on 10/11/12
Anthony Sorendino
You are not your idea.
User Info.
Great second step for this band. They're going places.
Probably the largest second step for any band in the past ten years.
03:29 AM on 02/08/13
tommyhaych
Mayor West
User Info.
It's only until the sheer repetitiveness of We Are Young has died down that I've actually had a chance to sit down and appreciate this album for what it is. It is bloody genius and deserves every bit of hype it gets.

What strikes me hardest is that this is one of the rare occasions a band goes absolutely super-gargantuan, yet they make an album so accessible so personal, that you almost feel like you're the only kid in town who knows about them.

I adore the singles on it, I think Carry On is just a fucking masterpiece in its own right. It's how pop songs oughta sound. I still have reservations about It Gets Better. I mean, I can happily listen to it, but when I want to relax and enjoy Some Nights, I have to skip it. Luckily, the remainder of the album is still supreme.
01:01 AM on 06/27/13
Jake Jenkins
dont talk to me
User Info.
I am a HUGE Fun. fan and I really respect their work and this record but I can assure you they are not going to win the Grammy next year.
never forget
01:39 AM on 06/27/13
Gregory Robson
Under Rug Swept
User Info.
I was waiting for someone to snag me for this. Le sigh. I was certain Frank Ocean was going to grab it. And I never thought the band was going to gain the traction that they did. I'm a horrible prognosticator. So it goes.
01:42 AM on 06/27/13
Jake Jenkins
dont talk to me
User Info.
I was waiting for someone to snag me for this. Le sigh. I was certain Frank Ocean was going to grab it. And I never thought the band was going to gain the traction that they did. I'm a horrible prognosticator. So it goes.
Haha i was randomly looking through old review threads and found that, had a good laugh

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos