Username
Password

11:22 AM on 03/13/12 
User Info.
Jonny Sniper
No Avatar Selected
North Carolina
Male - 23 Years Old
When i saw them, they seemed drunk and the facial expressions given by the singer made me feel like the only way he thought people could like him was if he gave retarded expressions to make people care. most of the people in the audience were not enjoying their show either, and later when Thrice came on and they mentioned O'Brother, there was a smatter of boos from the audience as well. They really seemed terrible to me. The Dear Hunter was the same way. I've seen them twice and hated them both times. I know they are very similar, but Dear Hunter was much more refined.
11:38 AM on 03/13/12 
User Info.
NateFoundGlory
Why do you stay till you see blood?
Montgomery, IL
Male - 23 Years Old
When i saw them, they seemed drunk and the facial expressions given by the singer made me feel like the only way he thought people could like him was if he gave retarded expressions to make people care. most of the people in the audience were not enjoying their show either, and later when Thrice came on and they mentioned O'Brother, there was a smatter of boos from the audience as well. They really seemed terrible to me. The Dear Hunter was the same way. I've seen them twice and hated them both times. I know they are very similar, but Dear Hunter was much more refined.

Man, that's a dumb sentence.

People goddamn loved O'Bro for the Chicago date of Thrice's last tour, but I will admit that for the Dear Hunter date, the band was sloppy. Meh, oh well, not for everyone.
02:37 PM on 03/13/12 
User Info.
Jonny Sniper
No Avatar Selected
North Carolina
Male - 23 Years Old
Explain how it's such a dumb sentence?
07:05 PM on 03/13/12 
User Info.
Davjs
Male - 27 Years Old
O'brother is the band with the long haired Asian guitarist that rock throws down like crazy right? I'd be fine with seeing that again....
11:49 PM on 03/13/12 
User Info.
TMS2787
Fate Has Been Making Me A Liar
Wadsworth, OH
Male - 27 Years Old
O'Bro... lulz
12:07 AM on 03/14/12 
User Info.
NateFoundGlory
Why do you stay till you see blood?
Montgomery, IL
Male - 23 Years Old
Explain how it's such a dumb sentence?

He makes 'retarded' faces to make people like him? How is that not completely stupid?

04:20 PM on 03/17/12 
User Info.
larokr
it's back. lets go pens.
201/973
Female
Thanks for the encouraging words. I hope it's just a mail backing up problem too. And I did order this through the livenation presale deal. The whole reason that I'm in a panic mode is that not only is this Thrice's last tour but all the dates around my area are sold out. I won't feel safe until that ticket is in my hand.
Anytime - I didn't use the livenation presale - I used frontgatetickets.

And I know the feeling - I always get worried about when my tickets will arrive. That's why I usually don't like doing the presales where they ship tickets out 1-2 weeks before the show. I also feel safe only when I have my ticket, that's also why I don't like will call, haha.

And if you never get your tickets 2 weeks before the show, call them and tell them. Ticketmaster/Live Nation is good about stuff like that. I got tickets for MCS at Stone Pony in the mail once and there was coffee spilled on the envelope (I guess at the post office) and the bar codes were ripped off because they were stuck together so they put us on will call instead.
05:15 PM on 03/19/12 
User Info.
SeeTheLights
I Promise I Will Let You Down
Bangor, ME
Male - 21 Years Old
What did everyone do for ticket options? I just did standard shipping which said 14 days for shipping I believe. Getting so anxious waiting for them.
07:07 PM on 03/19/12 
User Info.
WhatJulianSaid
News on Once the Clouds are Gone
Brooklyn, NY
Male
O' Brother rules, if you don't like their live show you either saw them at an off time or you just don't particularly enjoy when musicians are passionate when performing their music.
09:37 PM on 03/19/12 
User Info.
AtlanticRadio
Toaster Oven, You're the Oneeeee
Tyler, Tx
Male - 26 Years Old
I'm kind of bummed that they're playing the Door in Dallas (small venue) when they could be playing at the HOB like they are on other dates... I'm not really into the whole "intimate setting" deal. I'd rather have room to breathe and know that there is going to be quality sound. On the other hand I don't know why I'm bitching. I'd walk on broken glass before missing their farewell tour.
12:08 AM on 03/20/12 
User Info.
KevBlu42
Chicago, IL
Male - 27 Years Old
I'm kind of bummed that they're playing the Door in Dallas (small venue) when they could be playing at the HOB like they are on other dates... I'm not really into the whole "intimate setting" deal. I'd rather have room to breathe and know that there is going to be quality sound. On the other hand I don't know why I'm bitching. I'd walk on broken glass before missing their farewell tour.

The HOB in Chicago has the worst sound of all comparable venues and gets way too packed on the main floor. Fuck that place. So glad it's at the slightly smaller, but infinitely more awesome, Metro.
12:48 AM on 03/20/12 
User Info.
AtlanticRadio
Toaster Oven, You're the Oneeeee
Tyler, Tx
Male - 26 Years Old
The HOB in Chicago has the worst sound of all comparable venues and gets way too packed on the main floor. Fuck that place. So glad it's at the slightly smaller, but infinitely more awesome, Metro.

Huh, that's weird about the sound being shit. I normally pay extra to have a seat up in the balcony so I don't have to worry about the floor getting packed. Glad they're playing in a venue that you dig.
04:23 PM on 03/22/12 
User Info.
phaynes1
AP.NET ILLUMINATI
Gainesville, FL
Male - 25 Years Old
O'Brother really isn't my style -- songs are too unfocused and too long -- but no doubt a talented bunch. It sounds like O'Brother is a bunch of kids raised on Thrice and Coheed and Cambria.. which seems like something I'd love, but I just can't get into it.

But, it really doesn't matter. Sure, it would have been nice to have some bands I'd pay to see headline on this tour, but all that matters is Thrice. If they could guarantee different sets in a close radius (such as Philly, NYC) I'd buy a ticket to every date they promised a different set to.
Wait. You feel they're unfocused?

My only problem with the band is it feels sometimes the songs are too tightly wound and focused..I haven't seen them live before so I guess I can see some peoples' frustration but I'm incredibly stoked.
03:55 PM on 03/25/12 
User Info.
ssorcd
Boston, MA
Male - 28 Years Old
My ticket finally arrived. Took long enough.
06:30 PM on 03/25/12 
User Info.
larokr
it's back. lets go pens.
201/973
Female
My ticket finally arrived. Took long enough.
yeah - i just got my tickets in the mail from the frontgatetickets presale. excited.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos