AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Video News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Glee Covers Young the Giant's "Cough Syrup" [Video]

Posted by - 10:53 AM on 02/23/12
Watch members of Glee cover Young The Giant's "Cough Syrup" in the replies.

Submitted by honestykills

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 21
10:53 AM on 02/23/12
Jason Tate
User Info.
10:55 AM on 02/23/12
JulieLynn
Let's Be Alone Together
User Info.
What an epic episode and glad they did this song, because I am now in love with Young the Giant #latebus
10:58 AM on 02/23/12
honestykills
User Info.
Updated link (audio only):

11:03 AM on 02/23/12
plns
Registered Member
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
What in the fuck. I toured with these guys as The Jakes. So odd.
11:06 AM on 02/23/12
Sara7x
I lurk...speak occasionally.
User Info.
I was so stoked when I heard they were going to cover this on Glee a few weeks back. I'm glad they chose Darren Criss to sing it. Love his voice.
11:08 AM on 02/23/12
mkohler
Get Myself Together
User Info.
The show picks some great music to cover. I just wish I enjoyed the show itself a bit more.
11:29 AM on 02/23/12
hypa_dude
User Info.
Darren Criss is the most talented singer on Glee. Lea Michelle is a close second, leaving the rest far behind.

Glee episodes are very hit or miss. Tuesday's was excellent, though.
11:36 AM on 02/23/12
Lysrothtuck
User Info.
Darren Criss is the most talented singer on Glee. Lea Michelle is a close second, leaving the rest far behind.

Glee episodes are very hit or miss. Tuesday's was excellent, though.

Amber Riley? Kevin McHale?
11:52 AM on 02/23/12
JZebrak57
I am not a registered user
User Info.
Damn that was actually pretty good. First cover from them I've actually liked. That I've heard, anyway.
12:15 PM on 02/23/12
honestykills
User Info.
Was very skeptical about this (as I usually am with most Glee covers) but this turned out to be pretty decent.
12:53 PM on 02/23/12
lotusmilano
just follow your heart
User Info.
I feel like Young The Giant pulled a paramore.. in that they had tons of money behind them right when they put out their self-titled but still chose to feign that "we're going to play small bar venues because we want to be big one day and need to cultivate a following." Ope next tour we're opening for incubus, OH we're on glee now just one year later (keep in mind I'm a huge YTG fan).. and yes yeah they paid their dues in The Jakes. But it almost makes me question the sincerity in their work.. did they sign their souls away just before the production of the self-titled.. give away some artistic liberties? Maybe with stories I've heard I'm just conditioned to believe that at that level there's a lot of ghost writers helping bands out in the writing process... and that so much of what they "choose" to do is controlled by men in suits.
01:00 PM on 02/23/12
Jason Tate
User Info.
I feel like Young The Giant pulled a paramore.. in that they had tons of money behind them right when they put out their self-titled but still chose to feign that "we're going to play small bar venues because we want to be big one day and need to cultivate a following." Ope next tour we're opening for incubus, OH we're on glee now just one year later (keep in mind I'm a huge YTG fan).. and yes yeah they paid their dues in The Jakes. But it almost makes me question the sincerity in their work.. did they sign their souls away just before the production of the self-titled.. give away some artistic liberties? Maybe with stories I've heard I'm just conditioned to believe that at that level there's a lot of ghost writers helping bands out in the writing process... and that so much of what they choose do is controlled by men in suits.
Uh .... me thinks you got your facts wrong.
01:04 PM on 02/23/12
lotusmilano
just follow your heart
User Info.
Uh .... me thinks you got your facts wrong.
hahaha most likely Jason. I'm too skeptical. It's just so weird to see where they're at just one year later. And I remember even shortly after the release of the self-titled they had their tunes playing on American Idol... I imagine that isn't an easy thing to make happen without a foot in the door
01:17 PM on 02/23/12
Jason Tate
User Info.
hahaha most likely Jason. I'm too skeptical. It's just so weird to see where they're at just one year later. And I remember even shortly after the release of the self-titled they had their tunes playing on American Idol... I imagine that isn't an easy thing to make happen without a foot in the door
I remember emails back and forth with The Jakes. I have never got one sniff that this band is anything except genuine.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos