Password

Comments: Page 2
Displaying posts 15 - 30 of 35
01:32 PM on 02/23/12
MJSchmidt
Hang 'em high or not at all
User Info.
This release was teased about starting at the end of 2010
Damn... and then the pre-sale went about March or April?
01:34 PM on 02/23/12
troymess
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Hahahahahahahahaha
02:38 PM on 02/23/12
craigboliver
I Am Shark
User Info.
TOO ANYONE THAT HAS BEEN TALKING SHIT ON MTS: You have no idea how hard it is to deal with reissuing records, dealing with everyones deadlines for releases like this (label, management, band, and touring schedules). Let alone one of the biggest artists in their genre, Blink, who you have all been sucking their dicks for the past year, which doesn't help. It is incredibly difficult as well, trying to get a complicated release (many options) into production and finished on everyone else's watch.
RJ puts an incredible amount of hard and time into each release and does his job better than anyone.
So piss off.
04:28 PM on 02/23/12
Thomas Nassiff
resuscitation of the year
User Info.
So basically, if they had done it right, the preorder would be going up like....tomorrow? April 10 is not exactly around the corner.
04:33 PM on 02/23/12
Thomas Nassiff
User Info.
I ordered mine July 8, which I'm pretty sure is the day it went up. So in total, this took three-quarters of a year. Man oh man.
04:45 PM on 02/23/12
SmallFrailBoy
User Info.
TOO ANYONE THAT HAS BEEN TALKING SHIT ON MTS: You have no idea how hard it is to deal with reissuing records, dealing with everyones deadlines for releases like this (label, management, band, and touring schedules). Let alone one of the biggest artists in their genre, Blink, who you have all been sucking their dicks for the past year, which doesn't help. It is incredibly difficult as well, trying to get a complicated release (many options) into production and finished on everyone else's watch.
RJ puts an incredible amount of hard and time into each release and does his job better than anyone.
So piss off.
Dude, I'm sure he does a great job. There's obviously a reason that Blink is choosing to work with MTS. They do a solid job with these. BUT to empathize with the consumer for a second, it's a little fucked up to post a pre-order 3/4 of a year before you intend on sending a product out. MTS is subsidizing the production of the records by collecting pre-orders so early in the process. This might as well be a Kickstarter.
05:43 PM on 02/23/12
fly_guy
End in sight, we must fight
User Info.
That doesnt excuse the lies, childish actions on MTS' part, and ignoring customers that has been going on for the last 4-5 months. I dont give a fuck how hard it is to do this. If it's that hard, if you're that understaffed...dont take on the task. Its that simple. They bought the rights to repress a classic album, tried to make a quick buck, and fucked up. Thats all there is to it.

Fuck Mightier Than Sword and fuck their way of running a label. After release after release being delayed, its obvious they treat preorders as kick starters essentially. Nothing goes into production until weeks after they have taken people's money. Thats not how you run a label.

EDIT: Just read the response above. Yes, it's exactly a kickstarter. And that's how RJ handles every release. Its ridiculous.
05:44 PM on 02/23/12
Pappageo
User Info.
So piss off.

hahahah That was a good one dude. Usually sarcasm doesn't translate well on message boards but this was perfect. No, but really, MTS are a bunch of chumps.
08:22 PM on 02/23/12
dannylololol
Stay Hungry. Stay Free.
User Info.
About fucking time
06:57 AM on 02/24/12
caveBEAR
( ω )
User Info.
So piss off.
11:45 AM on 02/24/12
CarouselBoy
Not everything, not yet
User Info.
I don't see how they can make a solid date when the jackets aren't even done
aww man, I got all excited when I saw the blnk logo. but it was just news regarding a vinyl release I could care less about. oh well.

Exactly how much less could you care?
11:56 AM on 02/24/12
Holly HoX!
User Info.
So piss off.

LOL
11:56 AM on 02/24/12
DooDooBird
User Info.
I don't see how they can make a solid date when the jackets aren't even done

Exactly how much less could you care?
I care about this as much as a new Paul Walker movie.
01:54 PM on 02/24/12
Thomas Nassiff
User Info.
So piss off.
I love the label and I think RJ has his heart in the right place, but there's no question that he made a lot of mistakes here. What I gather from it, is that he got an idea for the release, not really even knowing if it was possible, and put it up for preorder. THEN he decided to look into options for an extremely complex, triple gatefold LP jacket that includes slots for three 7"s. Are you kidding me? You can't get much more complicated when it comes to a jacket. That's something that should have been sorted out and ordered well before the preorder --- not even yet talking about the actual vinyl, which should have at least been in the test-press-approval stage before putting up a preorder. RJ is good at what he does, he just made a huge error in judgement this time. I still give him the benefit of the doubt moving forward, but another big fuckup like this will see (more) major backlash. (not that a fuckup like this has real potential to happen, he's re-released all the Blink records already and not nearly as many people care about MTS' normal roster)
04:41 PM on 02/27/12
CarouselBoy
Not everything, not yet
User Info.
I love the label and I think RJ has his heart in the right place, but there's no question that he made a lot of mistakes here. What I gather from it, is that he got an idea for the release, not really even knowing if it was possible, and put it up for preorder. THEN he decided to look into options for an extremely complex, triple gatefold LP jacket that includes slots for three 7"s. Are you kidding me? You can't get much more complicated when it comes to a jacket. That's something that should have been sorted out and ordered well before the preorder --- not even yet talking about the actual vinyl, which should have at least been in the test-press-approval stage before putting up a preorder. RJ is good at what he does, he just made a huge error in judgement this time. I still give him the benefit of the doubt moving forward, but another big fuckup like this will see (more) major backlash. (not that a fuckup like this has real potential to happen, he's re-released all the Blink records already and not nearly as many people care about MTS' normal roster)
I don't think he's done Buddha has he?

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version