Password
AP.net Related News - Page 11
Displaying posts 150 - 165 of 515.
04:11 PM on 02/23/12
Badgers08
U look hot enuff to cook a pizza on
User Info.
LOL.

Not to get all sappy, but I've been visiting this site since late 2002 (initially registered as JrDave2304) and you have literally shaped my musical taste. I found this site while trying to find bands that sounded like Blink-182 and almost 10 years later ( ) here I am still taking your recommendations as almost "gospel". So I just wanted to thank you (and all the other staff members over the years) for that
04:11 PM on 02/23/12
Lueda Alia
User Info.
I just fell in love with you...
Haha you haven't seen me talk about them before? They're one of my favourite bands.
04:13 PM on 02/23/12
Cameronisonfire
I want my toast with butter and jam
User Info.
trophy scars
04:14 PM on 02/23/12
Brian vs Shark
AP's biggest Mike Kinsella Fanboy
User Info.
Haha you haven't seen me talk about them before? They're one of my favourite bands.
I have not... Which is weird because I post about them in many other forums.

I don't know how big his Canadian fanbase is, but Matthew Good(/Band) should be absolutely massive in the states too
04:14 PM on 02/23/12
SmallFrailBoy
User Info.
Over It!!!!!!
04:15 PM on 02/23/12
RyanFTW
ATTACK POP PUNK
User Info.
Cheap Girls will probably be underrated their entire Career, which is too bad. I hate feeling like this when I listen to bands.
04:15 PM on 02/23/12
saddr weirdr
We're all alone. grab a hold.
User Info.
dredg is really good, especially live. Fans of Coheed and Cambria or Circa Survive could find a lot to like if they gave them a shot.

The Swellers fucked up on their new album. If they can muster up the emotion and intensity from their younger yeas once again then I think they'll be fine, but they won't survive my bands-I-like list with another record like their last. Their live show is awesome and the singer is one of the genre's best.

Polar Bear Club, I don't really get all the love. I've got their three records, but I've never heard anything from them that makes me think "I need to see this" or "I can't wait to listen to this album again". Their live show was fairly average last year, too. By no means a bad band, but pretty run-of-the-mill. I'm always ready to give their new albums a chance though, do they have anything planned? I hope they prove me wrong one day.
They poured the same emotion and intensity into GFM as they did with the rest of their back catalogue. Jono specifically said they didn't want to just write the fastest songs and they could, and wanted to instead make the best songs they could. They may have alienated a tiny fraction of their fanbase, and understandably so, but just because GFM is too poppy or too soft for your tastes doesn't mean they didn't put effort and heart into it.
04:16 PM on 02/23/12
cwhit412
User Info.
Runner Runner had a demo EP? I got their album and was pretty letdown by how it seemed pretty unorignal and alot of it was over synthesized, and alot of the lyrics sound like something I'd write, but the songs still get stuck in my head all the time and it's a decent album

Its called "our greatest hits" if I remember clrrectly. Came out in 09 or so, and its much less electronically based. The whole album was such an overproduced mess...they ruined So Obvious. How the fuck can you do that?
04:17 PM on 02/23/12
CallMeTroy
Fail To Feel
User Info.
We Were Promised Jetpacks for sure.
saddr weirdr
We're all alone. grab a hold.
User Info.
A lot of bands.

Completely with you on Over It; I don't know if it was just bad luck or poor promotion that didn't cause them to blow up, but they definitely should have.

Bomb The Music Industry!
Broadway Calls
Desaparecidos (but like a guy on YouTube said, their anonymity adds to their legacy)
Amber Pacific
The Riot Before

I would add The Swellers on here too but lately they've been getting tons of exposure, and I have a feeling they're going to blow up within a year or so.
phillipjacob
@phillipjacob
User Info.
Limbeck.
04:19 PM on 02/23/12
minusblindfold
Good Morning, Magpie
User Info.
Agreed on As Tall as Lions. I would say Cassino, The Reign of Kindo, Cursive and moneen are painfully overrated too
04:21 PM on 02/23/12
CavanaughPark
Hey, I'm doing alright.
User Info.
Reubens Accomplice.
04:21 PM on 02/23/12
Jason Tate
User Info.
LOL.

Not to get all sappy, but I've been visiting this site since late 2002 (initially registered as JrDave2304) and you have literally shaped my musical taste. I found this site while trying to find bands that sounded like Blink-182 and almost 10 years later ( ) here I am still taking your recommendations as almost "gospel". So I just wanted to thank you (and all the other staff members over the years) for that
Hye, thanks. That means a lot. Can't really think of a bigger compliment.
04:23 PM on 02/23/12
cshadows2887
User Info.
I'll stick to recent stuff. No surprises here for anyone who knows me:
Chad Perrone/Averi
Jonah Matranga (solo/Far/Gratitude/One Line Drawing/New End Original)
Meg and Dia/Dia Frampton
The Rescues
Candy Hearts
Laura Stevenson and the Cans
Paulson
Faulter
Men, Women and Children (I know they only had one album, but it was an awesome album)
Jazmine Sullivan
Francis and the Lights
Edison Glass
Courtney Marie Andrews

If I went into underrated classic artists, this post would never end.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests