Username
Password

Comments: Page 3
Displaying posts 30 - 45 of 513
04:18 PM on 02/23/12
X_Only_One_X
Yellowcard Underdog
User Info.
Over It is incredible. Sucks that they had to dissolve into Runner Runner (though I really enjoy their first demo EP).
Runner Runner had a demo EP? I got their album and was pretty letdown by how it seemed pretty unorignal and alot of it was over synthesized, and alot of the lyrics sound like something I'd write, but the songs still get stuck in my head all the time and it's a decent album
quickandsilver
User Info.
PARK! Their last record was so catchy.
Jason Tate
User Info.
All those Lobster bands ... Staring Back too.
04:19 PM on 02/23/12
Jason Tate
User Info.
I'd also throw Cadillac Blindside on there, myself. As well as Letterkills. OH! And Big Wig. And the Crush.
Letterkills and Big Wig ... totally agree with those.
04:19 PM on 02/23/12
Jake Denning
User Info.
My vote is for Dead Poetic -- great band that never quite exploded
04:20 PM on 02/23/12
blimpcityhero11
#WreckThisLeague
User Info.
They got some decent love around here, but I always loved Days Away. Granted, Tim and Keith have moved on to Good Old War, but I loved the sound they had with Days Away so much. The Audition also strikes me as a band that should be much bigger. They continue to put out some of the catchiest songs from album to album.
04:21 PM on 02/23/12
matt_rawlings
User Info.
Pedro the Lion
04:21 PM on 02/23/12
jhotmann21
User Info.
My vote is for Dead Poetic -- great band that never quite exploded
Glass in the trees may be one of my favorite songs of all time.
04:23 PM on 02/23/12
xHoodieWeather
I Just Want To Sell Out My Funeral
User Info.
Bayside for me, since they have been constantly good, put on an amazing live show, yet are pretty damn unknown in the big scheme of things.
04:23 PM on 02/23/12
ACA
Next Show: CircaSurvive/TitleFight
User Info.
I feel like Cave In was never appreciated as much as they should have been in the mainstream. I understand their heavier records not catching on but "Antenna" is a great album that could have had a couple of singles on modern rock radio.

Man, I tried to get into Cave In. I listened to Jupiter and their most recent one quite a bit, but it was so.. uninteresting. Their live show was alright, but it's nothing special, in my opinion.
04:24 PM on 02/23/12
xHoodieWeather
I Just Want To Sell Out My Funeral
User Info.
Iunno about all time or anything, but here's some bands I think should be getting more attention on this site:

1. The Menzingers- Still waiting on this site to explode for love with them after this album
2. Spraynard- With all the love for the Upsides I don't know how these guys aren't getting some of that love
3. The Sidekicks- Some of the most inventive Alternative rock/punk/whatever it is in a while. Too many people sleeping on this band.
4. Bomb the Music Industry- One of my favorite active bands right now. I think Jeff is probably the best lyricist in the entire punk scene. I know they have a large cultish followings but this site still really isn't on board.
5. Asher Roth- Gets written off too easily. His last 2 mixtapes have been fantastic but most people refuse to accept him as a legitimate artist
6. How To Dress Well- Cmon sons
7. The Front Bottoms
8. The Hotel Year
9. White Denim
10. Perfume Genius

backed.
04:24 PM on 02/23/12
defy_stars
midnight nuisance
User Info.
dredg
they've been around for 20 years, made some great albums (specifically El Cielo and Catch Without Arms), always put on a great live show regardless of whether it's the "good" or the "bad" songs, but they still don't get the recognition they deserve. i rarely see them get mentioned on most sites and they don't seem to have a large following. Also, Gavin's vocals are worth it alone. I would suggest the songs "Ode to the Sun", "Same Ol 'Road" and from the 2009 album The Pariah, the Parrot, the Delusion, "Light Switch".

The Swellers
really good punk/pop-punk band, The Beginning of the End EP was stellar. Only saw some hype about them for a short while during the release of Ups and Downsizing, but not much before or after. Should be, in my opinion, getting talked about just as much, if not more so, as/than bands like Transit, Man Overboard, The Wonder Years, etc. Apparently they'll be releasing an EP this year, so I hope that brings some more attention. Another band that is also spot on live, a lot of energy. Listen to "2009", "Sleeper", "Parkview" and "The Inside".

Polar Bear Club
Another great punk/pop-punk band that I feel deserves a lot more attention...They get stronger with each release, and once again, you do NOT want to miss them live. So if you're going to the upcoming Glamour Kills tour, do NOT walk away while they're playing. I saw them on their Clash Battle Guilt Pride tour, and to my disappointment, most people had left before they came on. They're not too heavy, not too poppy, and you can really feel the emotion in their lyrics. I suggest everyone start with their most recent release Clash Battle Guilt Pride since it's their most "accessible", but if you do like it, go back to their previous stuff Sometimes Things Just Disappear & Chasing Hamburg. My favorite songs from them are "Song to Persona", "Bottled Wind" and "Killin' It".

I realize all 3 of these bands are known well enough on this site, but I don't see much discussion about any of them, especially off this site, and from my personal observation of other people/friends, and from going to shows.

So I'm sorry if anyone read this post and laughed or felt confused.
04:25 PM on 02/23/12
thisisadisaster
RICK FROM ALABAMA
User Info.
hockey
04:27 PM on 02/23/12
trojanick
they all got boyfriends anyway
User Info.
Actually just picked up that Damnwells record. Look forward to listening.

All of Fred Mascherino's post-TBS work is very underrated IMO - The Color Fred and Terrible Things are really great pop-rock.
04:28 PM on 02/23/12
defy_stars
midnight nuisance
User Info.
Crime in Stereo too, IMO.

Love them so much....miss them dearly. One of my favorite bands.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos