AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Comments: Page 35
Displaying posts 510 - 513 of 513
02:33 AM on 03/09/12
kazuma_ootaro28
User Info.
Bravo to those that said Engine Down. Can't believe I forgot to mention them. Kaddisfly too.

And whatever happened to Rescue? I had few of their songs on some discs and still love them (especially "Yeah Bro, This Is How the Story Goes" and "Eating Jesus"), but seems most people have forgotten about them.
11:50 AM on 03/09/12
DIRTYNOUVEAU
this is a wine drowning.
User Info.
I'm a little bit late to the game on this thread but I figured I'd throw my two cents in.

AS TALL AS LIONS - agree 100%. god this band was a life-changer.

DEARLY DEPARTED - if you're lucky enough to have experienced this band, you'll know that here on LI these guys changed the shape of everything. way ahead of their time and mind-blowing.

ENVY ON THE COAST - they got more exposure towards the end and I'm sure everyone on absolutepunk know them, however they only had 2 real releases (aside from their first EP) and i feel like they should've been huge.

HOPESFALL - were game-changers, at least for me. they had many releases but never broke out of the "trustkill" hole they were pigeoned into. I thought they should have been so much bigger.

**PAULSON - band from NJ that probably not many have heard of, but they were fucking brilliant. their last album "All At Once" was a masterpiece and will always remain a classic in my eyes. after that they released an EP "Calling On you" - the song that the EP was named after should have been a top ten radio hit. the rest of the EP had some of my favorite covers songs ever on it - from Eddie Murphy's "Party All The Time" to "Wonderwall."

KENNA - still, no one knows who this guy is. he makes some really ground-breaking music. he's like if an R&B guy was influenced by Depeche Mode instead of more shitty R&B - that's the best way I could describe it. he's had 2 amazing albums and more recently a 3-song EP.

LOWER DEFINITION - I actually just discovered them recently, which is retarded. how did I not know about their 2008 Ferret release? these guys are awesome and no one I knew had ever heard of them. Matt Geise is so damn good. love these guys, it's insane how under the radar they are/were.

NGHBRS and ROBBERS - two bands from LI that should be way bigger than they are right now. Robbers is Vinny from Brand New's little brother Andrew. NGHBRS is basically carrying the torch that Envy On The Coast dropped when they broke up. you need to check out both bands immediately if you haven't yet.

OPEN HAND - this band has gone through so many changes that it's a bit ridiculous to even continue being called Open Hand, however I always thought that "The Dream" was a classic.

**OURS - I've been carrying this band's torch for years, trying to get people to get into them. they've been around for SO long and still, so many people haven't ever heard of them. 3 albums in and each one if an absolute masterpiece. Jimmy Gnecco has one of the most beautiful voices in the history of music, a la Jeff Buckley or Daniel from ATAL. Circa Survive even took them out on tour a few years back to get people to notice them - saw the show in West Palm Beach I think it was, and the Circa crowd just stood there not even knowing what they were seeing. so disappointed.
02:03 PM on 03/10/12
TurnOnTheLight
quincentuple your money
User Info.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News