Username
Password
AP.net Related News - Page 4
Displaying posts 45 - 60 of 515.
03:28 PM on 02/23/12
ACA
Next Show: River City Extension @NY
User Info.
Bayside for me, since they have been constantly good, put on an amazing live show, yet are pretty damn unknown in the big scheme of things.

The fact that they can't headline 1000 people in their home NYC is a fucking shame.

These guys are unbelievable. It's a shame they always get written off with a ton of other Victory trash. The only thing blemishing them is a somewhat stale live set (seriously, you don't have to close with "Devotion and Desire" every time. every. time).

I don't know who to compare them to, but they're one of the best in whatever genre you peg them into. Do you have any recs for bands that are similar?
03:28 PM on 02/23/12
defy_stars
midnight nuisance
User Info.
Actually just picked up that Damnwells record. Look forward to listening.

All of Fred Mascherino's post-TBS work is very underrated IMO - The Color Fred and Terrible Things are really great pop-rock.
Speaking of TBS, I think Matt Fazzi's band Happy Body Slow Brain definitely deserve a mention in this thread. Just really laid back, chill music.
03:29 PM on 02/23/12
schmalz
...with the saves the day record on
User Info.
Park
Time and Distance
Scenes From a Movie
03:29 PM on 02/23/12
Jason Tate
User Info.
They got some decent love around here, but I always loved Days Away. Granted, Tim and Keith have moved on to Good Old War, but I loved the sound they had with Days Away so much. The Audition also strikes me as a band that should be much bigger. They continue to put out some of the catchiest songs from album to album.
Me too. Days Away were so underreated in their prime.
03:30 PM on 02/23/12
Ezquerro
'Cause I stole your soul.
User Info.
What about No Use for a Name? I always had them on that same tier as F2F.
NUFAN has a pretty decent fanbase here in Spain (and the rest of Europe). In Spain they easily fill 800-1,000 people venues in Barcelona or Madrid and can get 300-400 people to go to their concerts in smaller cities.
Jason Tate
User Info.
That band should be everyone's new favorite band.
Jason Tate
User Info.
NUFAN has a pretty decent fanbase here in Spain (and the rest of Europe). In Spain they easily fill 800-1,000 people venues in Barcelona or Madrid and can get 300-400 people to go to their concerts in smaller cities.
That's awesome. I haven't seen them in yeeeears.
InaGreendase
Registered Member
User Info.
Bands like Crime in Stereo, Gatsbys American Dream, Cave In and mewithoutYou...they definitely have cult fanbases and found some sort of success, but not quite what any of them have deserved. Brother, Sister should have catapulted mwY to the National-like status.

The only Over It song I ever really truly loved was "Ignore the Noise". I feel like the Swellers' Ups and Downsizing took that sound and perfected it--user-friendly skatepunk, but with a lot of variation.

The Coma Recovery and Scatter the Ashes. Maybe Audio Karate, but their set at Warped Tour 2004 or so (the only time I'd ever them live) was really disappointing. Barely any energy when they had just released an album that was ALL energy.
03:31 PM on 02/23/12
phaynes1
AP.NET ILLUMINATI
User Info.
Holy shit ATAL agreed. Also, Straylight Run; Shiner; A Hope For Home; Happy Body Slow Brain; Engine Down (probably most so); Colour Revolt; Breaking Pangaea
03:31 PM on 02/23/12
cubsml34
A Class 3 KILLSTORM
User Info.
dredg
they've been around for 20 years, made some great albums (specifically El Cielo and Catch Without Arms), always put on a great live show regardless of whether it's the "good" or the "bad" songs, but they still don't get the recognition they deserve. i rarely see them get mentioned on most sites and they don't seem to have a large following. Also, Gavin's vocals are worth it alone. I would suggest the songs "Ode to the Sun", "Same Ol 'Road" and from the 2009 album The Pariah, the Parrot, the Delusion, "Light Switch".

The Swellers
really good punk/pop-punk band, The Beginning of the End EP was stellar. Only saw some hype about them for a short while during the release of Ups and Downsizing, but not much before or after. Should be, in my opinion, getting talked about just as much, if not more so, as/than bands like Transit, Man Overboard, The Wonder Years, etc. Apparently they'll be releasing an EP this year, so I hope that brings some more attention. Another band that is also spot on live, a lot of energy. Listen to "2009", "Sleeper", "Parkview" and "The Inside".

Polar Bear Club
Another great punk/pop-punk band that I feel deserves a lot more attention...They get stronger with each release, and once again, you do NOT want to miss them live. So if you're going to the upcoming Glamour Kills tour, do NOT walk away while they're playing. I saw them on their Clash Battle Guilt Pride tour, and to my disappointment, most people had left before they came on. They're not too heavy, not too poppy, and you can really feel the emotion in their lyrics. I suggest everyone start with their most recent release Clash Battle Guilt Pride since it's their most "accessible", but if you do like it, go back to their previous stuff Sometimes Things Just Disappear & Chasing Hamburg. My favorite songs from them are "Song to Persona", "Bottled Wind" and "Killin' It".

I realize all 3 of these bands are known well enough on this site, but I don't see much discussion about any of them, especially off this site, and from my personal observation of other people/friends, and from going to shows.

So I'm sorry if anyone read this post and laughed or felt confused.

Yes and Yes to The Swellers and PBC

Also, PM Today, Tides of Man, Vanna, and Closure in Moscow immediately come to mind.
03:32 PM on 02/23/12
defy_stars
midnight nuisance
User Info.
Holy shit ATAL agreed. Also, Straylight Run; Shiner; A Hope For Home; Happy Body Slow Brain; Engine Down (probably most so); Colour Revolt; Breaking Pangaea

03:32 PM on 02/23/12
AussieBoy
User Info.
Silverchair? Their best work never received the exposure their early work did.

Yes. Im always stunned that overseas they're only known for Frogstomp. Baffles me!!

Def agree with Bodyjar and The Living End (luckily here TLE get the raps they deserves. Big festival favourites.

Underrated for me

Fightstar

The years gone by

Pendulum

Amity Affliction

Attack! Attack! UK
03:33 PM on 02/23/12
schmalz
...with the saves the day record on
User Info.
Pinback is severely under rated. Rob Crow is damn creative.
blimpcityhero11
#WreckThisLeague
User Info.
Me too. Days Away were so underreated in their prime.
For sure! If there's ever a Fueled By Ramen memorial on here, Mapping an Invisible World has to be in the top 10.
randys950
@randys950
User Info.
Mest
Spitalfield
Crash Romeo
Acceptance
Sugarcult
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE