Displaying posts 60 - 75 of 515.
03:33 PM on 02/23/12
ACA
Next Show: River City Extension @NY
User Info.
dredg
The Swellers
Polar Bear Club

I realize all 3 of these bands are known well enough on this site, but I don't see much discussion about any of them, especially off this site, and from my personal observation of other people/friends, and from going to shows.

So I'm sorry if anyone read this post and laughed or felt confused.

dredg is really good, especially live. Fans of Coheed and Cambria or Circa Survive could find a lot to like if they gave them a shot.

The Swellers fucked up on their new album. If they can muster up the emotion and intensity from their younger yeas once again then I think they'll be fine, but they won't survive my bands-I-like list with another record like their last. Their live show is awesome and the singer is one of the genre's best.

Polar Bear Club, I don't really get all the love. I've got their three records, but I've never heard anything from them that makes me think "I need to see this" or "I can't wait to listen to this album again". Their live show was fairly average last year, too. By no means a bad band, but pretty run-of-the-mill. I'm always ready to give their new albums a chance though, do they have anything planned? I hope they prove me wrong one day.
03:34 PM on 02/23/12
Jason Tate
User Info.
For sure! If there's ever a Fueled By Ramen memorial on here, Mapping an Invisible World has to be in the top 10.
I think that album, released today on FBR would be a huge hit.
03:34 PM on 02/23/12
strayts
User Info.
Paper Rival
03:35 PM on 02/23/12
brainconfetti
walking is still honest
User Info.
Lucky Boys Confusion rocks!! I've been listening to them for a few years, I'm pretty sure I found them off a random search on purevolume. Definitely underrated.
Beej 347
twitter.com/billrepublic
User Info.
Spitalfield all the way
seanthethief
User Info.
Man, I tried to get into Cave In. I listened to Jupiter and their most recent one quite a bit, but it was so.. uninteresting. Their live show was alright, but it's nothing special, in my opinion.
Yeah I get how the genres they messed around with wouldn't interest you from what I've seen of your taste in music.

And I HATE to say this (because it's an abused statement), but I think they're one of those bands that requires multiple listens. Especially Antenna. There's a ton of stuff going on and I always seem to hear something new each time. But yeah, if you're not into proggy rock stuff it's probably not your cup of tea.
ACA
Next Show: River City Extension @NY
User Info.
Punchline and Patent Pending should be huge.

Backing your Top 4 hard as well.

What's the best Punchline record? I've got their 2008 and it's not bad, but I don't understand the acclaim?

I've never even listened to Patent Pending.. RIYL? Best album?

I think we tend to agree on a lot of music, so I'm ready to give it a shot :)
talboo21
User Info.
I always thought Hopefield or Brave Citizens would have taken off. Brothers At Sea made a great EP. Weaver At The Loom has never really made it either.
03:36 PM on 02/23/12
Jason Tate
User Info.
Holy shit ATAL agreed. Also, Straylight Run; Shiner; A Hope For Home; Happy Body Slow Brain; Engine Down (probably most so); Colour Revolt; Breaking Pangaea
Are there many things more cruel than SLR not being huge? I don't think so.
Jason Tate
User Info.
+ Paper Route
James Johnson
Bottle Kissing Since '05
User Info.
My choices off the top of my head -
Bigwig, Blueline Medic, Bodyjar, Luck Boys Confusion, Dear Landlord (modern addition!), Northstar and regardless of modern nostalgic hype Acceptance.
Alligator Blood
/////////////////
User Info.
Yes. Im always stunned that overseas they're only known for Frogstomp. Baffles me!!

Def agree with Bodyjar and The Living End (luckily here TLE get the raps they deserves. Big festival favourites.

Underrated for me

Fightstar

The years gone by

Pendulum

Amity Affliction

Attack! Attack! UK
Frogstomp is by far my least favorite of their records. Both Neon Ballroom and Diorama were massive for me growing up.

PS. Pendulum are massive here in the UK.
03:37 PM on 02/23/12
thisisadisaster
RICK FROM ALABAMA
User Info.
That band should be everyone's new favorite band.
they should at least have a following the size of vampire weekend.

the wombats as well.
03:38 PM on 02/23/12
James Johnson
Bottle Kissing Since '05
User Info.
How this was not a generational anthem I will never understand.

03:38 PM on 02/23/12
defy_stars
midnight nuisance
User Info.
dredg is really good, especially live. Fans of Coheed and Cambria or Circa Survive could find a lot to like if they gave them a shot.

The Swellers fucked up on their new album. If they can muster up the emotion and intensity from their younger yeas once again then I think they'll be fine, but they won't survive my bands-I-like list with another record like their last. Their live show is awesome and the singer is one of the genre's best.
Yes
Yes
Yes

Quote:
Polar Bear Club, I don't really get all the love. I've got their three records, but I've never heard anything from them that makes me think "I need to see this" or "I can't wait to listen to this album again". Their live show was fairly average last year, too. By no means a bad band, but pretty run-of-the-mill. I'm always ready to give their new albums a chance though, do they have anything planned? I hope they prove me wrong one day.
I get stoked on them all the time
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums