AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

The New Amsterdams News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

New Amsterdams Pre-Order

Posted by - 10:38 AM on 09/06/07
The New Amsterdams' forthcoming album, At The Foot Of My Rival, is now available for pre-order on both CD and vinyl. In addition, pre-orders come with a download of the entire album either in 192 kbps quality MP3s or high quality AIFF files, both of which are available immediately after your order.

Submitted by: James Ness

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 17
10:41 AM on 09/06/07
gengen
Listen To Saves The Day
User Info.
fuck yes.
10:49 AM on 09/06/07
Cottage Cheese
User Info.
Anyone know how this album will sound? Their last one had some good songs and some not so good songs
10:51 AM on 09/06/07
sean_tbl
User Info.
crazy, never heard a thing about this? tracklisting anywhere?
10:54 AM on 09/06/07
grizbo
Here's my card.
User Info.
Oh yes. I can't wait.
11:06 AM on 09/06/07
CokeorPepsi
User Info.
I can't believe I have never heard of this.
11:26 AM on 09/06/07
Toner
I'll Always Never Know
User Info.
This is amazing! I didn't even know this album existed til I saw this! They did this last time with the Killed or Cured CD release, it just seemed to come out of nowhere. Just done my pre-order anyway and got 35% left til I get to hear it :D I'm not holding out for a masterpiece by any means, but Matt Pryor never fails to stick a few gems on each record (i.e. The Death Of Us, Hanging On For Hope, Strangled By The Thought). This download really has to speed up...
11:28 AM on 09/06/07
Toner
I'll Always Never Know
User Info.
To keep me busy while I wait - tracklisting is:
1. Revenge
2. Wait
3. Fountain of Youth
4. This Day Is Done
5. Without a Sound (Elanore)
6. Silverlake
7. Lost Long Shot
8. Hughes
9. A Beacon In Beige
10. Story Like a Scar
11. Fortunate Fool
12. Lay On the Rails
13. Drunk or Dead
14. The Blood On the Floor
11:29 AM on 09/06/07
coldplayer
User Info.
Anyone know how this album will sound? Their last one had some good songs and some not so good songs

I bought the album last night and it is amazing. To answer your question, I loved worse for the wear, liked killed or cured, and hated story like a scar. This album is a return to the glory of worse for the wear and in many ways better than Worse for the Wear. I had really got concerned when Story like a Scar came out but this album is amazing from track 1 to track 14. You can see a tracklisting at their myspace site, www.myspace.com/thenewamsterdams
11:31 AM on 09/06/07
coldplayer
User Info.
This is amazing! I didn't even know this album existed til I saw this! They did this last time with the Killed or Cured CD release, it just seemed to come out of nowhere. Just done my pre-order anyway and got 35% left til I get to hear it :D I'm not holding out for a masterpiece by any means, but Matt Pryor never fails to stick a few gems on each record (i.e. The Death Of Us, Hanging On For Hope, Strangled By The Thought). This download really has to speed up...

Not to pull a Jason Tate (a reference to his ability to hype) but this album is very close to a masterpiece, just my opinion (before you flame me just listen to the album start to finish.
11:35 AM on 09/06/07
mybreakingpoint
User Info.
my lord, my lord, this will be so good.

love everything Matt's done with this band. i have yet to hear one disappointing song from the man.
11:39 AM on 09/06/07
BigDrag
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I agree completely. I may be Matt Pryor's masterwork (and yes, that does include his work with the GUK, my favorite band ever). Story Like a Scar (the song), Elanore, and Drunk or Dead are three of the best Pryor songs ever, and there's not a weak track in the bunch. And unlike Story Like a Scar (the album), it all works together perfectly. Plus, there's an iTunes only EP with more of a country sound coming when the album is released on iTunes next Tuesday.
11:46 AM on 09/06/07
coldplayer
User Info.
I just hope that people give this album a chance because I think a lot of people gave up after Story Like A Scar, including almost myself and I am a huge Matt Pryor fan. My favorite tracks are Wait, Fountain of Youth, Without A Sound (a powerful track), Hughes (a nice Bright Eyes-esque track), A Beacon in Beige, Story Like a Scar, Drunk or Dead....as I write this out I am realizing that this album is just loaded with standout tracks. Thanks Matt. Come to Chicago soon.
01:14 PM on 09/06/07
dustyfloors
Baskiceball Champion
User Info.
After a comparison to "Worse for the Wear" days I am buying this when I get home.
04:08 PM on 09/06/07
bowarrowapple
MustacheRodeo
User Info.
does everyone forget never you mind or para toda vida. i love this stuff! those 2 and worse for the wear is hands down the best progression of a band in my opinion. rarely does cd 1 to 2 to 3 get better! i cant wait!

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos