Username
Password
All Posts by User
Displaying user's 4 posts.
12:32 PM on 02/26/12
Flags of Dawn
King Shit With That Crown of Flies
User Info.
My parents aren't huge music fans, so I was a little on my own as far as what to pick out of their generation, especially since most of what they did listen to was pop music. But, I do have good memories of listening to the oldies station with my mom in the car during my elementary school days, and while I don't seek out music from those eras, there's definitely something comforting about hearing them now. My dad likes Zeppelin though, and if there' had to be one band he grew up listening to and passed on to me, I'm glad it was them.
12:38 PM on 02/26/12
Flags of Dawn
User Info.
I think with the stuff your parents like there's definitely a phase where it's like if they like it it must not be cool, then you come around to realizing that that makes no sense
Unless your parents listen to Whitesnake and the Pointer Sisters, haha.
12:40 PM on 02/26/12
Flags of Dawn
User Info.
The first music I can ever remember enjoying was Bjork's Hyperballad. My parents had Debut on tape, with a few songs from Post tacked on the end. Hyperballad was the one song that stood out the most in my impressionable mind. I would have been about 4 or 5. To this day, its still my favourite song and Bjork is still my favourite artist. I can't see anyone replacing her in my mind, her music is perfect to me.

I grew up listening to old country, 80s pop and traditional folk from my mum. My dad introduced me to blues, jazz and punk. My music taste was shaped by both of them. I find I have more in common musically with my Dad overall, but I'm grateful to both of them for everything they showed me.
Completely forgot about Bjork and specifically that song. That's awesome, I totally want to be one of those parents who play awesome/weird/obscure music for my future kids.
01:12 PM on 02/26/12
Flags of Dawn
User Info.
I always think about this. Pretty sure my music collection will make me the coolest mom evar.
For sure. Post rock/ambient stuff will be played at bedtime probably. Not that I've thought about it or anything...
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests
RSS