AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password
Recommended News - Page 4
Displaying posts 45 - 60 of 63.
07:44 PM on 02/26/12
syntax omitted
User Info.
Fuck these music recommendations, I want to know what cartoons you were watching.
Watched the entire second season of Avatar: The Last Airbender the other night. I seriously can't think of a child's cartoon with better writing. So good.
08:01 PM on 02/26/12
Napzz
User Info.
frank turner kind of night right now
08:54 PM on 02/26/12
dash64
This Is My Design
User Info.
Fuck these music recommendations, I want to know what cartoons you were watching.
http://toonamiaftermath.com
09:00 PM on 02/26/12
sweetfootaction
Cake-eater
User Info.
Finally got a chance to listen to Evening by Mae and wow what a beautiful record
That instrumental piano piece is so wonderful.

---------------------------
UNRELATED:
Am I missing something? Wasn't there supposed to be a huge update to AP.net last fall? The only thing that looks like it's changed since is the homepage (and only slightly. It's just mirrored.) Where is this supposed new version of AP?
09:57 PM on 02/26/12
uglystar03
User Info.
Adam has the new Forecast album already? Extremely jealous. I can't wait to hear it!
10:16 PM on 02/26/12
InaGreendase
Registered Member
User Info.
I was digging these from one level to another last week:
New:

(Cursive: I Am Gemini)

(Sweet Jesus [current/ex-members of Have Heart, Verse, Dropdead, Soul Control]: demo tape)

Old:

(check the img URL)

(Björk: Homogenic)
&
Single Mothers' demo. I don't think a cover art exists.
10:46 PM on 02/26/12
SHESmyRUSHMORE
User Info.
Sims - Bad Time Zoo
Above and Beyond - Group Therapy
fun. - Some Nights
Feed Me - Escape From Electric Mountain
Doomtree - No Kings

My girlfriend also had our first child on 2/22. That was pretty awesome.
congrats.
10:54 PM on 02/26/12
parkerisjolley
User Info.
I guess I am the only one on this site that was not really impressed with the new Fun. album. I will give it more listens this week and see if it can grow on me. I think it is a solid album but the songs just don't feel memorable and I even find myself skipping songs. I want to like Some Nights more but I will have to just settle for considering it solid at very least. I understand why people are hyped about it and what not. Some Nights intro and then Some Nights are some of Fun.'s best songs but from there it is really hard for me to pick out favorites. We Are Young grew on me. It Gets Better and Stars are just not fun for me to listen to. I wish the band as much success as possible but also hope that the next records sounds new and fresh again so I might be able to enjoy. I am not close minded I just don't really care for hip hop or its production (I have tried to like lots of forms of music and don't like everything).
Also the kanye west influences also sorta kill it for me because I just think he has bad character as much as I don't care for his music. Not trying to come off as pretentious as I respect fun. greatly and hard working artists in genres that I don't even listen to. I just found Some Nights to be a let down overall. I will come back to it when I have had time to listen to other good new music.
completely agree with you, the first part of the album is pure gold but once it gets better starts, i pretty much skip until i hit all alright and then pretend the rest of the album never happened. its really unfortunate that they ruined all those songs with the voice effects, it just killed the album for me. if they had left those off i would be listening to it a lot more. however hit the lights' invicta has been surprisingly good for me, its pretty much all i've listened to this week along with civil wars' barton hollow
11:06 PM on 02/26/12
sammyboy516
User Info.
Turn off all the music and cartoons and go watch Eastbound and Down. Tonight's episode was absolutely insane.
11:10 PM on 02/26/12
Jake Denning
User Info.
hahaha. here's my thing about John Mayer. he's an EXTREMELY talented guitarist. you can't deny that. I really hate that first record, and it took me til that TRIO! record for me to give him credit where credit's due. that said, at least he's showcasing his talent in the best way and giving the major airwaves some much needed talent.
You don't like Room For Squares?! WHAT? That album's INCREDIBLE!
03:24 AM on 02/27/12
Charlesieiy
The night just grew its fangs
User Info.
So much Under Soil and Dirt, for me. Hardly listened to anything else.
06:05 AM on 02/27/12
get up kidd
I refuse to sink
User Info.
Watched the entire second season of Avatar: The Last Airbender the other night. I seriously can't think of a child's cartoon with better writing. So good.
One of the best shows out right now! They're coming out with a new series soon.
06:16 AM on 02/27/12
SnowPatroler
User Info.
I guess I am the only one on this site that was not really impressed with the new Fun. album. I will give it more listens this week and see if it can grow on me. I think it is a solid album but the songs just don't feel memorable and I even find myself skipping songs. I want to like Some Nights more but I will have to just settle for considering it solid at very least. I understand why people are hyped about it and what not. Some Nights intro and then Some Nights are some of Fun.'s best songs but from there it is really hard for me to pick out favorites. We Are Young grew on me. It Gets Better and Stars are just not fun for me to listen to. I wish the band as much success as possible but also hope that the next records sounds new and fresh again so I might be able to enjoy. I am not close minded I just don't really care for hip hop or its production (I have tried to like lots of forms of music and don't like everything).
Also the kanye west influences also sorta kill it for me because I just think he has bad character as much as I don't care for his music. Not trying to come off as pretentious as I respect fun. greatly and hard working artists in genres that I don't even listen to. I just found Some Nights to be a let down overall. I will come back to it when I have had time to listen to other good new music.

I agree 100 % Some nights intro and some nights are awesome, why am i the one and out on the town are pretty good, the rest . . ehh. It seems like it's missing something Aim and Ignite had. Can't really tell what. But it's definily Mass-Friendly, which i guess is a good thing for them.
07:53 AM on 02/27/12
jdr277
I got a lion in my pocket I'm lying
User Info.
"Reptar" - Oblangle Fizz, Y'all (Perfect band name... for fans of Vampire Weekend)
"Avi Buffalo" - S/T
"Jenny Owen Youngs" - An Unwavering Band Of Light (for fans of Regina Spektor, Kathleen Edwards, Hannah Georgas)
"Alabama Shakes" - Boys & Girls (Good old Blues Rock, this girls raspy voice was meant to sing)
"Mike Golden & Friends" - Groceries (Just really good rock from an unknown band. read my review here)
09:31 AM on 02/27/12
JamieTheSonger
05 Fuck Em
User Info.
This is really cool and it works at school. +1 for you.

Yeah I watched that too, everything was planned out really well. Have you heard about the new show?
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests