Username
Password

Album Review - Page 9
Displaying posts 120 - 135 of 169.
07:03 PM on 02/28/12
sickydicky
outlander!
User Info.
they should change their name to every time we put out a new record you know what its gonna sound like
07:29 PM on 02/28/12
irthesteve
All that wander are not lost
User Info.
they should change their name to every time we put out a new record you know what its gonna sound like

I'm sure you don't listen to any bands with a consistent sound
07:39 PM on 02/28/12
Drew Beringer
Senior Editor | @drewberinger | Locked Groove
User Info.
1. all reviews are biased

2. I'm not taking anyone's rating on this album seriously, considering you probably have only had this album for less than 2 days.
09:11 PM on 02/28/12
evanmeindl
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Anyone who thinks the drums on this album are anything less than stellar doesnt know shit.

Album is great. This is ETID on steroids. Nothing too different for them.. but everything is just bigger and better. Love it. This is perfect when I need my dosage of heavy music.
09:53 PM on 02/28/12
StartAngry&Mad
Lets get these people moving faster
User Info.
This album was a complete disappointment... The review is completely biased IMO
The new drummer just doesn't do it for me on this record. The drums completely kill this record from being a great one. And also, the drum transitions are almost if not completely bland and it hinders the band from exploding full circle in their writing.

6.5/10

Fair enough you didn't like the drums on the album - you're allowed that opinion. But "it hinders the band from exploding full circle in their writing" strikes me as one of the stupidest, most meaningless things I've ever seen posted on this site. Maybe you were trying for some kind of deep, insightful point? But if so, you lost the plot man - it comes off sounding like pretentious, flowery bullshit.
06:55 AM on 02/29/12
Gunwalls
User Info.
Killer review. Well done.
SPITFIRE! Also, this album is awesome.
07:02 AM on 02/29/12
batmannj
"No more half measures Walt"
User Info.
I've only listened to the record twice through, but I like that it's concise as it is. 30 minutes of in your face metalcore is perfect, and Indian Giver is an appropriate closer
07:15 AM on 02/29/12
heismaylene
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
that's ironic. cus 100 bucks says you've bitched about a band changing before. like "wah their first album was much better than their first album"
07:29 AM on 02/29/12
Mailbox Rumor
User Info.
It's weird I want to give this album a score but for some reason I think that how I rate albums will yield a lower score for this than what my brain thinks. Stupid logic.
07:33 AM on 02/29/12
ChaseTx
Entitled user
User Info.
"Partying is Such Sweet Sorrow" is such a terrible song... that song alone just kills the album
That's probably my favorite one, after 2 listens
07:41 AM on 02/29/12
Simulcast
You can't kill us all
User Info.
SPITFIRE! Also, this album is awesome.

Cult Fiction set the bar for metalcore, or whatever you want to call it, for me at least.
08:04 AM on 02/29/12
jon.
User Info.
Unreal album. Good review, BTW.
09:34 AM on 02/29/12
ALT/MSC/FAN
Everything's Coming Up Milhouse
User Info.
The last paragraph perfectly describes the stance of Every Time I Die. They're truly a great band.
09:45 AM on 02/29/12
Aziraphale
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
One run through of the stream says to me "This is definitely a good album, but it doesn't stand out quite as much as New Junk did on the first listen"

That probably means that, after ten listens, this will be an amazing record.
11:50 AM on 02/29/12
sfpunk
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
It's alrightt. I don't feel like they ever lock into a groove like they do in their previous album. There were few parts where I just nodded my head and full on grooved to the riffs. The guitar tone also seems lacking but I can't quite put into words why. It just sounds flat to me, lacking that punch.

Outstanding vocal performance as always though and it's not a bad album. Maybe I'll like it on more listens.
Options
More From This Author
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests