Username
Password
Hydrahead Records News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Hydrahead Records
Inside AP.net

Botch Re-Issue Now Avaible for Pre-Order

Posted by: Brandon Allin (09/08/07)
You can now pre-order the fully-remastered re-issue of Botch's legendary We are the Romans courtesy of Blue Collar distribution. The album comes packaged with a special bonus disc, which features previously unreleased demo songs and live material.

Submitted by kevinrocks409

Displaying posts 1 - 11 of 11
12:54 PM on 09/08/07
Nosnorb
User Info.
I'm tired of Botch re-issues with crappy demos on them.
01:31 PM on 09/08/07
falloutcollapse
mr. banana grabber
User Info.
what they need to do is re release we are the romans on a 2xlp so i won't have to pay $80 for it on ebay
01:43 PM on 09/08/07
caligulasblush
Roped and Tide.
User Info.
what they need to do is re release we are the romans on a 2xlp so i won't have to pay $80 for it on ebay

ill put my copy on right now. sounds way better on vinyl anyways.

i was into the american nervoso remastered but i dont see how romans can get any better.
02:04 PM on 09/08/07
krishasaheadake
Don't start no shit wont be no shit
User Info.

05:20 PM on 09/08/07
theDrivingSnow
I wouldn't know.
User Info.

i was into the american nervoso remastered but i dont see how romans can get any better.

Exactly. This is essentially what I commented in the last post about the reissue. I'll probably buy it as Botch is one of my all-time favorite bands and I'm a musical purist/completist, but WAtR sounds absolutely perfect; how can the production be improved? What I'd rather have happen is them rerelease An Anthology of Dead Ends with "Sudam" incorporated into the original order, and not have it stuck on Unifying Themes with a bunch of crappy, generic hardcore tracks. It makes so much sense: "Sudam's" title is consistent with the EP, it works musically, and it makes up for the one or two lesser tracks.

Oh, and isn't your username a Jairus reference?
05:24 PM on 09/08/07
theDrivingSnow
I wouldn't know.
User Info.
I'm tired of Botch re-issues with crappy demos on them.

The American Nervoso one made sense; the production was subpar.
05:32 PM on 09/08/07
doodoobutter
User Info.
i just picked this up at the record store today ( luckily some places get it buttfuck early). i got the original a while ago and saw this on the shelf and decided to pick it up. same shit, different coat of paint, but good nonetheless. the layout is pretty neat.
07:05 PM on 09/08/07
IATA4224
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Considering you can't find the original in any store, I think that it is awesome that they are re-releasing the cd..
07:48 AM on 09/09/07
Zeran
Vampire
User Info.
botch is simply amazing. enough said. they can shit on a cd and put that out and i'd still buy it.
08:39 AM on 09/09/07
caligulasblush
Roped and Tide.
User Info.
Exactly. This is essentially what I commented in the last post about the reissue. I'll probably buy it as Botch is one of my all-time favorite bands and I'm a musical purist/completist, but WAtR sounds absolutely perfect; how can the production be improved? What I'd rather have happen is them rerelease An Anthology of Dead Ends with "Sudam" incorporated into the original order, and not have it stuck on Unifying Themes with a bunch of crappy, generic hardcore tracks. It makes so much sense: "Sudam's" title is consistent with the EP, it works musically, and it makes up for the one or two lesser tracks.

Oh, and isn't your username a Jairus reference?

Agreed. I'll pick it up for the demos and stuff to see how the songs were in pre production but i can't justify a remastered copy of perfection. Romans is flawless straight through. With nervoso I put it on and right off the bat you can hear a noticable difference as all the guitars are brought up in the mix way more and creates a heavier record.

Am I nuts or did they also have a song based on canada adding an m somewhere? Maybe i'm forgetting something. But yea sudam should def be on the Anthology re-release. Unifying themes has its moments (O fortuna, Liquored up and Laid) but is a very forgettable release.

I think I'm going to watch 061502 today and laugh at the commentary.

ps. Username is from "Heaven knows I'm Miserable now" by the Smiths.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests