AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Unsigned News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Unsigned Spotlight: This Good Robot

Posted by - 06:19 AM on 02/28/12
This Good Robot started as a solo project by former Patent Pending frontman Michael Ragosta. It wasn't long before it became a full band and has since blossomed into an eight-person group. They combine a variety of genres, from indie rock to pop punk to post-hardcore and everything in between. Check the band out on facebook, and you can stream their EP, The Human I Am, which was produced by Tim Payne of Thursday, here. Let us know what you think in the replies.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 22
06:20 AM on 02/28/12
Alex DiVincenzo
www.alexislegend.com
User Info.
Here are a couple of videos to show how diverse the band can be:

06:29 AM on 02/28/12
TheRealJohnOC
@BehindtheCade Seen over 700 bands!
User Info.
He always had a great voice. I kinda dig it but he should've stayed in Patent Pending.
06:45 AM on 02/28/12
MikeYabs
We are the only friends we have
User Info.
Love This Good Robot. Saw them open for My Chem last may, and have been following them ever since
07:23 AM on 02/28/12
Jack Appleby
___
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I know zero about this band, or the singer's past, but I am definitely feeling all these tracks.
07:23 AM on 02/28/12
MrGlanthor
The next Paul Heyman Guy
User Info.
These dudes are killing it in the break contest right now!
08:02 AM on 02/28/12
ConnorCorruptNJ
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
they are an amazing band and the band members are nuts and hilarious too, some great people. met the singer in the bathroom at Starland ballroom before he went on stage. then got his autograph later that night. the frontman is a huge comic fan and now I can see where the Patent Pending lpho came from haha. I'm gunna send them the link to all this positive feedback.
08:09 AM on 02/28/12
Alex DiVincenzo
www.alexislegend.com
User Info.
These dudes are killing it in the break contest right now!
Have a link? I'd love to vote for them!
08:12 AM on 02/28/12
centennial.
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
damn that 53 seconds song
08:27 AM on 02/28/12
michelleinfidel
User Info.
I really love that they don't stick to one genre. The band is too talented to stay inside a box. While I liked Patent Pending better with Michael in it, Patent Pending is still just as cool and it's not like he doesn't join them every now and then for a song when the 2 bands play shows together. They're a killer band- amazing live show. Human I am is really interesting, musically and storyline wise. They deserve to be hyped up...a lot because they are cool, fun, and talented.
My favorite songs are Human I am and Call the Police but the whole EP is pretty awesome.
08:33 AM on 02/28/12
RichHoey
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Some of the best dudes I've ever met. Always great to see them play. The live show has a ridiculous amount of energy. Love these guys. Stoked they're on here.
I must have the tracks on The Human I Am around 3 different times, from different burned CDs and such. Theres a few more tracks scattered around the internet too. Just incredible.
08:53 AM on 02/28/12
MrGlanthor
The next Paul Heyman Guy
User Info.
09:14 AM on 02/28/12
hidude318
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I've been covering This Good Robot for ages and I'm good friends with both Rob and Michael and the rest of the band knows me as well.
They did a cover of "Shout" during the break contest that was fucking phenomenal. I cannot recommend this band enough.
I've done an acoustic session with the band during CMJ and if you guys want, I'll link you to the video here.
09:52 AM on 02/28/12
JoePending
User Info.
Stoked that this is on absolutepunk!!! They are my brothers (both biological and street) and they deserve to be heard.
I don't comment too often on how much lip-sync bands being popular in our current musical climate annoys me, but it does. After 11 years on the road it's sometimes difficult to watch assembled bands have songs handed to them (sometimes even by myself) that become popular without any thought or effort going into it. It is killing our scene and watering-down this genre that is in nature supposed to be live, exciting and fun. This Good Robot is the opposite of that. They are a no bullshit band that embodies everything that makes the Absolutepunk community so great. Hard work, creativity, risk taking and something that is not seen too often anymore - Talent! Cheers to them and cheers to Alex Divincenzo of AP for carrying the scene on his back by exposing people to new music every week! I love all of this!
10:09 AM on 02/28/12
xxJennaxx
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
This Good Robot have quickly become one of my favorite bands. They are so different from everything else out there which I love. They also are crazy and have so much energy which make for an awesome show. In the Break Contest for Bamboozle they covered "Shout" which was probably the most awesomely epic thing I've ever seen. Can't wait to see what they come up with next.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos