Username
Password
AP.net Related News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
AP.net Related
Inside AP.net

AP.net Presents: SXSW Party Line-Up

Posted by: Jason Tate (02/28/12)
Drum roll please ... the time has come to announce our SXSW party line-up. This is something we've been working on for a long time, and we are extremely excited to be throwing our first ever SXSW party. We did our best to put together a line-up that we love and one that showcases a wide range of the bands and genres we cover on the website. Our party is taking place on Friday (March 16th) night (technically Saturday morning) at the Purevolume House. Our event starts at midnight, and goes until 4am. We've got great bands, our very own Paul Tao and Lueda Alia (along with AP.net member Billions & Billions) will be DJing between the sets, and there's an open bar. So, enough with the intro -- who's playing?

Arrange
NoteWe wanted our friend, and long time AP.net forum member, to open the show. Malcom's been getting all kinds of buzz, and he absolutely deserves it. AP.net is all about the community - and I am extremely excited to have a community member playing our party. Check out the forum thread about his latest release, and make sure you give it a listen.

The Front Bottoms

NoteIf you haven't checked these guys out yet -- you should now. We think they're one of the best up and coming young bands out there, and we couldn't be happier to have them playing. I've never seen them live, but I hear great things about how their unique sound translates to a live performance.

Hellogoodbye
NoteThe band's infectious pop sound should be experienced by everyone. Their latest album absolutely floored me - and everyone that I've played the album for has been converted into a fan. Seems listeners of all genres can find something to love from these guys - and their live show just shouldn't be missed.

Motion City Soundtrack
NoteI hope I don't have to tell you about them. They've been one of our favorite bands for a long time - and they sort of define the AP.net sound and band. Witty. Catchy. Great lyrics. Great energy. Just a great band. I feel like we hit the jackpot! Can't wait for these guys to absolutely dominate Austin.

Doomtree
NoteHolllly shiiiit. If you know Eda and I, you know we freaked when we got this one confirmed. Could not be more pumped to have this unreal indie-hip-hop collective playing our party. Made up of P.O.S, Dessa, Lazerbeak, Sims, PaperTiger, Cecil Otter, and Mike Mictlan - these guys have to be seen live. We may not really be known for "hip-hop" around here, but these guys cross over to fans of all kinds of music. Trust me.

And there we have it! I love how diverse our line-up ended up being, how great all the bands playing are, and how it pretty much defines the kinds of artists we love to cover on the website on a day-to-day basis. I'm extremely proud of how this turned out ... and the AP.net staff and I hope you'll be there to experience this night with us.

We'll have a bunch of people down at SXSW, coverage going on around the website - tons of reminders about the party, and lots of photos, videos, and posts from the show itself. If you're going down - please make sure to RSVP and come! Also, please tell all your friends about the party - and make sure to find AP.net staff members for stickers, goodies, and to finally meet the people behind the keyboards.

Don't forget that a bunch of our friends are also throwing parties as well - so check out the full schedule for the PV house, here. Also, all of the information on how to attend can be found at that page.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 216
08:35 AM on 02/28/12
Jason Tate
User Info.
08:36 AM on 02/28/12
Adam Pfleider
wait. what were we talking about?
User Info.
going to go so hard in the pit during Doomtree.

also, Jason sent me some stickers (send me more???) to give out at the event. I'll have a bunch with me all week as well - but that's no excuse for missing this!!!!
08:36 AM on 02/28/12
georgedcc
User Info.
Woah, some big names there.

Kudos to everyone at AP who managed to organise this!
08:37 AM on 02/28/12
Zack Zarrillo
User Info.
Open bar!?!
08:38 AM on 02/28/12
Tilde
Rudiger.
User Info.
That is a great line-up.
08:39 AM on 02/28/12
Someone'sCoat
Thank God you see me the way you do
User Info.
Oh man. I really hope I can make it

lets make this AP.Net members only so its not as crowded haha

/wishful thinking
08:40 AM on 02/28/12
blimpcityhero11
#WreckThisLeague
User Info.
If I was remotely in the area, I'd love to go to this. Great line-up...
Lueda Alia
User Info.
Hell yes!

SO proud of our diversity!
Adam Pfleider
wait. what were we talking about?
User Info.
guys, we tried REAL hard to get J Craig on this - but there's a "get back in the States" issue we just couldn't get past. just a real ordeal. maybe next year.
08:41 AM on 02/28/12
Jack Appleby
___
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I want to go to there.
08:41 AM on 02/28/12
butrfli1234
I'M ON FIRE
User Info.
why do i not live in texas again? Sounds like a really fun party :)
08:42 AM on 02/28/12
Someone'sCoat
User Info.
Hell yes!

SO proud of our diversity!
Dibs on Cecil!
08:43 AM on 02/28/12
Lueda Alia
User Info.
Please. Get in line!

Not gonna lie, SIMS' dance move on stage are sexy as hell! Can't wait to witness that again!
08:43 AM on 02/28/12
Someone'sCoat
User Info.
Winterpills, What Made Milwaukee Famous, We Were Promised Jetpacks, Tennis, Thee Oh Sees, The Twilight Sad, Said The Whale, Scattered Trees, Shakey Graves, Sharon Van Etten, Slow Club, Right Away, Great Captain!, Rosi Golan, Of Monsters and Men, Outasight, Margot and The Nuclear So and So's, Metric, Michael Kiwanuka, Imperial Teen, Hellogoodbye, Hoodie Allen, Good Old War, Grieves and Budo, Fanfarlo, The Early November, Ed Sheeran, Eve 6, Dan Mangan, Daughter, The Dean's List, Doomtree, Capital Cities, Charlene Soraia, Class Actress, Cloud Nothings, Bad Rabbits, Ben Howard, The Big Pink, Anais Mitchell, ANR, Astronautalis

This is who I'll be trying to see while Im there. Bolded are who I will not miss if I can help it.

Also, I dont know anyone that is planning to be there so that'll be interesting...

(re-posting in this thread)
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums