Username
Password

All Posts by User
Displaying user's 7 posts
11:19 PM on 02/28/12
LastDeclaration
mmm tasty
User Info.
i felt betrayed by soul punk. i still cringe at the thought of it. it's just incomprehensible to me.

"what if i said my city was the best?"

(cringe)
11:55 PM on 02/28/12
LastDeclaration
mmm tasty
User Info.
You felt betrayed? Why? Because he made music that he wanted to make? Because he expressed himself the way he wanted to with conceding to what you wanted of him? Dude doesn't owe you shit so how can he betray you?
easy, killer. because i've defended him for his entire career from people who said that he was what he has now become.
11:56 PM on 02/28/12
LastDeclaration
mmm tasty
User Info.
you are the kind of person he is talking about. he doesn't owe you anything. he didn't personally wrong you by writing soul punk.
what if i said my city was the best?
12:15 AM on 02/29/12
LastDeclaration
mmm tasty
User Info.
He does not need you to defend him. He is an artist releasing music he feels is right. If you like it congratulations. If not well than sorry. Do I think Soul Punk is the greatest thing ever...no but I don't hate it nor do I think it is of any less value to Patrick Stump than any fall out boy album. Stop trying to act like he owes you something or he became something. He choose to explore new ventures of music and if that is not to your liking than so be it. Don't jump at the throat of an artist doing what he choose. Soul Punk is not a product of the mainstream but a product of a man who enjoys pop and wanted to show the world how its done. Patrick Stump is one of my favorite musicians. I love every fall out boy album and parts of Soul Punk. He could write a straight up hip hop or country record and I would still respect him even if I did not listen to the albums. A real artist owes nothing to anyone but him or herself.
great, and i think it's a piece of shit. you're really just dealing with semantics here. it pisses me off that he made a fucking terrible album. that's it. sorry if that makes you butthurt for him.
01:11 AM on 02/29/12
LastDeclaration
mmm tasty
User Info.
Here's my question: would you act this way to Patrick's face? With such bluntness and lack of respect?
You mention you respect him - you couldn't tell that from the way you speak about him. Would you want someone saying those things about you?

I do think he needs a bit of a pep talk, and needs to learn that the 10% of negativity shouldn't outweigh the 90% support he receives - but again, you displaying your opinions this way is another example of his point, and is just unnecessary.
no, of course not. but i do speak frankly to my friends and in forums, where the whole point is to voice your opinion. i don't think what i said was unnecessary. that album is an embarrassment [IMO]. i have lost a lot of respect for him. it's great and wonderful that he does what he wants (although i think that's kind of expected and not a particularly admirable virtue, unlike others here), but the music that he "wants" to make is throwaway pop garbage. i don't know if i actually have any respect for him anymore if he truly thinks that the music he's making as a solo artist is praiseworthy and not throwaway pop garbage. i'm sure the nickelback guys think their songs are wonderful, but that doesn't mean that anyone here has any extra respect for them or holds back on their negativity, and i honestly would put soul punk in the same realm as nickelback.
01:14 AM on 02/29/12
LastDeclaration
mmm tasty
User Info.
why do you feel the need to go so far out of your way to bitch about this? you aren't entitled to anything involving his music. you didn't like it. not a big deal. that happens all the time and people don't act this childish about it.
oh my bad
02:01 AM on 02/29/12
LastDeclaration
mmm tasty
User Info.
Because he's making music you don't like you've lost respect for him? FOB was pop too so I don't know what you're going on about. Pop music isn't automatically throwaway and you're acting like an elitist. It isn't throwaway to him and as long as he's staying true to himself and what he loves then I don't see why you need to lose respect. Hate his solo stuff all you want, but it obviously means something to him and your sense of entitlement is kind of ridiculous.
i didn't say pop music was automatically throwaway; i said his was. you got mad respect for nickelback then, dawg?

also, what if i said my city was the best?

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos