Username
Password
All Posts by User
Displaying user's 10 posts.
09:33 PM on 02/28/12
Dustin Harkins
Go support Kony 2012 some more
User Info.
This was so sad. I love that he's able to be so open about it, show his vulnerability. It really humanizes him so much more. But this was depressing and I really wish him the best.

Soul Punk is the only release from him I listen to.
06:37 AM on 02/29/12
Dustin Harkins
User Info.
It's a shame right now he's hung up on the people who discredit his music, rather than take solace in how many fans both he and Fall Out Boy still have. I'm not criticising him for that, it's a problem I think we all have in our lives, whether it be the product of our career, or our relationships with people.
In Stump's honour I'm going to listen to a lot of FOB this week - it's a shame I've been neglecting them for awhile now, I think they'll actually hit the spot in my present mood!

This is so true.

The best way I ever heard him word it was in an interview where he said (something close to) "fans always ask me why I don't just write something like take this to your grave again...but what they really want is to go back to the place they were in when TTTYG was important to them."

Someone touched on the nostalgia topic, I wish I had the interview source, but that statement always stuck with me.

In art, the viewer always finishes the work...so no matter how great or how awful an album is...the listener always has some input on if it was amazing or awful or mediocre.

And so is this. It's amazing how the listener can make or break an album just by setting and attitude towards it.

Quick question though: Why all the Folie A Deux praise all of a sudden? Not saying it's bad or discrediting your view whatsoever but all I ever hear people on this website talk about is TTTYG, and all of a sudden this article comes out and FAD is the universally acclaimed? Maybe I just skim this website too much. Either way, I haven't given either a fair listen. Never been too big on FOB, love Stump solo.
08:25 AM on 02/29/12
Dustin Harkins
User Info.
I'm sure all the people defending this self-absorbed attention grabbing stunt would also defend a similar post if it was made by the guy from Disturbed, or some band like that.
Hate to break it to you, but this comment is just as much a self-absorbed attention grabbing stunt as you claim the blog is. I don't like FOB one bit and still defend this post just because I feel like it's something SOMEONE needed to make clear. People have talked about "shut up about my old album, I've progressed" and blah blah blah, but no one's shown exactly what kind of toll that takes on a person, and it's about time someone makes it a bit more obvious.
08:29 AM on 02/29/12
Dustin Harkins
User Info.
just give us what we want patrick, we alll know what we wanted to hear when he announced a solo album, an acoustic rendition of Take This to your Grave. Soul Punk was not what anyone really wanted or expected but hey props for him. If only things worked out so we could mold his talents into whatever we wanted so we could all be happy :)
08:33 AM on 02/29/12
Dustin Harkins
User Info.
really? it wasn't clear that trends in music come and go? and people who made a ton of money off those trends don't make as much money when those trends pass?
That's obvious. And I don't see the point of him bringing up his financial situation honestly. It seemed like a bit much. But what wasn't clear is the message people end up sending when they purposefully heckle someone to play old stuff/go back to their old ways that they weren't happy with. People say one thing and don't realize exactly what it means, and how the recipient interprets it.
09:00 AM on 02/29/12
Dustin Harkins
User Info.
Emo as fuck.

(Sidenote: my phone doesn't try to auto-corrent 'emo.' That's hilarious).
Or auto-correct "correct". :X
09:02 AM on 02/29/12
Dustin Harkins
User Info.
09:08 AM on 02/29/12
Dustin Harkins
User Info.
That was not my only reply... plenty of people have called him out. If am guilty of anything than it is feeding a troll. I mean its no different than a gif that says GTFO. Sorry I ruffled your feathers with a silly comment.
There's a slight difference between "GTFO" and "get cancer"...
11:33 AM on 02/29/12
Dustin Harkins
User Info.
You agree'd with the guy who made the "get cancer" joke...so NO GIF FOR YOU.
The Gif Nazi...
09:04 AM on 03/01/12
Dustin Harkins
User Info.
It's so terrible that people will go out of their way to say bad things about Patrick... BUT FUCK YOU IF YOU HAVE A DIFFERENT POINTTHAN WHAT I HAVE.

And for the record, I really do feel bad for the guy and I'm glad he posted about it. But the way some people in this thread are approaching it is so ridiculous haha.
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests