Username
Password

All Posts by User
Displaying user's 5 posts
02:37 AM on 02/29/12
DeathOrGlory
I'm not fucked, not quite
User Info.
i didn't say pop music was automatically throwaway; i said his was. you got mad respect for nickelback then, dawg?

also, what if i said my city was the best?
Quoting Lupe Fiasco's verse really gives your opinion on Patrick Stump as a musician some credibility.
11:16 AM on 02/29/12
DeathOrGlory
User Info.
However harsh, I basically have to agree. It really doesn't matter if people don't like your stuff, if you've created something that you believe in, well then, believe in it.

For every 10% of people that "liked you better fat," there's another 10% that thinks Soul Punk was the best album you've written. Buck up, prepare for criticism, or unplug your computer and go live in the woods. Either way, make your art.
I think the biggest problem with him is that he did believe. Those albums that he got blasted for weren't just art to him. He was putting himself on a disk and when people were so hateful about those albums, they were basically saying they hate him and who he is. That sucks. He's obviously a sensitive guy and for people to go out of their way to basically tear down who he is and say the person he was is better than the person he is cruel. I'd be incredibly hurt too. It's hard to believe in yourself when people don't believe in you. Yeah I know there's 100 more people that love him but not everybody has the personal ability to take such scathing hate. I know I personally would take it just as hard as he does.
03:49 PM on 02/29/12
DeathOrGlory
User Info.
no, i live in the real world where my mom has cancer. compared to that, i'd sure as fuck like to be on patrick's end... making music, touring the world, posting pity blogs. such a hard life, especially the part where he says he can live comfortably for x amount of years without having to get a real job. not to mention the royalty checks he'll get till he dies from fob. yea, i. feel. so. much. for. him.
Just because your situation is worse doesn't mean you can't feel anything. I've been dealing with a lot of shit myself but that doesn't make his obvious depression any less of a problem. I'm sorry about your troubles but that doesn't give you a right to be a dick.
04:38 PM on 02/29/12
DeathOrGlory
User Info.
saying i don't have sympathy for him makes me a dick? cause i'm sure he's stopping himself midday and worrying about all of our asses! lol. i think what's funny is that he's reacting so badly after only one album. ONE ALBUM! i mean, he can talk all he wants about giving a fuck less about the money, but the money enables him to keep creating. he seems to not want to do that though, so. how can you respect an artist who not only complains about how hard their "troubles" are, but also seems to contemplate giving up so easily. he should have written a fuck you/i'm not giving up post tbqh. optimism is much more easier to support...
I wasn't saying you're being a dick because you're unsympathetic. There are multiple posts on here that say what you said better. That sarcastic tone wasn't needed and he talked about your type of comment in the blog. He's depressed because countless fans have been tearing down who he is since FaD so that's two albums. Soul Punk was his soul on a record so for every fan who paid to tell him he sucked and every pissed letter, he became a little more disillusioned. He won't quit music. That's depression talking. Rivers Cuomo just about gave up after Pinkerton was panned for the same reasons Patrick is thinking about it and I'm sure he'd have blogged about it too if it wasn't the mid-Nineties. Patrick isn't a fuck you guy. I dunno. I guess I can relate to feeling invalid as a person. I get it.
05:37 PM on 02/29/12
DeathOrGlory
User Info.
i got two sentences into your post... then realized your a comment gestapo. thanks, but no.
I was honestly just trying to make a post that was respectful of your opinions. The way you expressed your opinion made you sound like a prick. There, that's better. I'm done with the conversation. I can die happy knowing I clarified what I meant. Heil whatever man. I'm sorry about your mother. Cancer sucks.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos