AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

All Posts by User
Displaying user's 5 posts
10:34 PM on 02/28/12
cshadows2887
User Info.
This is so fucking distressing. Especially since Folie a Deux is a towering fucking achievement in recent pop. People, ESPECIALLY kids from this godforsaken "scene", suck.
10:42 PM on 02/28/12
cshadows2887
User Info.
This comment is so true. FAD was so underrated and it's one of my favorite pop albums, and just one of my fav albums in general. I just don't know why people go out of their way to be so awful. I would never buy a ticket for an artist I didn't like or take the time to write them a negative letter. Like who does that? I've ranted about artists I don't like, but to take it to that extra level of harassment and hatred is insane. It's pathetic.
Especially to give so much vitriol to an artist for taking chances and trying to expand their sound. No matter how much I hate an artist's new sound, I will always respect the fact that they try something new. But apparently people truly do want safe, generic choices from their musicians. Ugh.
10:52 PM on 02/28/12
cshadows2887
User Info.
Agreed. And you know he would've gotten just as much flak had it been FOB 2.0. And he just seems so nice and genuine and harmless. Just... how could you hate someone who to my knowledge has done nothing but nice things? I hope he keeps doing what he's doing and ignores the negative people. If Hanson can power through it and be amazing I have no doubt that Patrick can. Hopefully he'll be more comfortable with himself someday. It was a really alarming read. Hope he has supportive people around him.
Hanson disappeared from the public eye for years, worked incredibly hard to rebuild a grassroots fanbase and STILL had morons heckling them to "play 'Mmmmmbop'" at Bamboozle. People just blow.
11:02 PM on 02/28/12
cshadows2887
User Info.
I admit to never listening to a full Fall Out Boy record, but I respect this man enormously for being a wonderful songwriter, a fantastic vocalist and for having the courage to pursue his dreams. I'd encourage him to never give up creating music because his words and his voice have the immeasurably powerful ability to bring so much happiness to an assortment of audiences. What a wonderful, warm person.

I'm going to go stream Soul Punk as my first full Patrick Stump listening experience. My girlfriend's been telling me to listen to it for ages regardless!

I think (based on you rec'ing me Darren Hayes) that you'd like Folie a Deux and Soul Punk. Not necessarily that they're similar styles, but they're similarly hyper-produced pop tunes by a phenomenal studio singer.
11:10 PM on 02/28/12
cshadows2887
User Info.
This actually made me think to put Soul Punk back on and I think I like it more now than when it came out, even.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos