Username
Password
Fall Out Boy News - Page 10
Displaying posts 135 - 150 of 509.
10:39 PM on 02/28/12
kianacarly
I'm living it, leaving it to change
User Info.
This is so fucking distressing. Especially since Folie a Deux is a towering fucking achievement in recent pop. People, ESPECIALLY kids from this godforsaken "scene", suck.

This comment is so true. FAD was so underrated and it's one of my favorite pop albums, and just one of my fav albums in general. I just don't know why people go out of their way to be so awful. I would never buy a ticket for an artist I didn't like or take the time to write them a negative letter. Like who does that? I've ranted about artists I don't like, but to take it to that extra level of harassment and hatred is insane. It's pathetic.
10:41 PM on 02/28/12
about3fitty
Registered Member
User Info.
i felt betrayed by soul punk. i still cringe at the thought. it's just incomprehensible to me.

"what if i said my city was the best?"

(cringe)
you are the kind of person he is talking about. he doesn't owe you anything. he didn't personally wrong you by writing soul punk.
10:42 PM on 02/28/12
cshadows2887
User Info.
This comment is so true. FAD was so underrated and it's one of my favorite pop albums, and just one of my fav albums in general. I just don't know why people go out of their way to be so awful. I would never buy a ticket for an artist I didn't like or take the time to write them a negative letter. Like who does that? I've ranted about artists I don't like, but to take it to that extra level of harassment and hatred is insane. It's pathetic.
Especially to give so much vitriol to an artist for taking chances and trying to expand their sound. No matter how much I hate an artist's new sound, I will always respect the fact that they try something new. But apparently people truly do want safe, generic choices from their musicians. Ugh.
10:46 PM on 02/28/12
irthesteve
All that wander are not lost
User Info.
This is a pretty sad read
10:48 PM on 02/28/12
kianacarly
I'm living it, leaving it to change
User Info.
Especially to give so much vitriol to an artist for taking chances and trying to expand their sound. No matter how much I hate an artist's new sound, I will always respect the fact that they try something new. But apparently people truly do want safe, generic choices from their musicians. Ugh.

Agreed. And you know he would've gotten just as much flak had it been FOB 2.0. And he just seems so nice and genuine and harmless. Just... how could you hate someone who to my knowledge has done nothing but nice things? I hope he keeps doing what he's doing and ignores the negative people. If Hanson can power through it and be amazing I have no doubt that Patrick can. Hopefully he'll be more comfortable with himself someday. It was a really alarming read. Hope he has supportive people around him.
10:51 PM on 02/28/12
dmryan33
dmryan33
User Info.
reading this makes me sad. Folie a deux isnt my favorite fall out boy cd but that doesnt mean i didnt enjoy it. its amazing to me that people would pay money just to show up and tell someone that he sucks. terrible. i really hope patrick doesnt stop releasing stuff that would be terrible he's such an extremely talented musican/producer/vocalist
10:52 PM on 02/28/12
cshadows2887
User Info.
Agreed. And you know he would've gotten just as much flak had it been FOB 2.0. And he just seems so nice and genuine and harmless. Just... how could you hate someone who to my knowledge has done nothing but nice things? I hope he keeps doing what he's doing and ignores the negative people. If Hanson can power through it and be amazing I have no doubt that Patrick can. Hopefully he'll be more comfortable with himself someday. It was a really alarming read. Hope he has supportive people around him.
Hanson disappeared from the public eye for years, worked incredibly hard to rebuild a grassroots fanbase and STILL had morons heckling them to "play 'Mmmmmbop'" at Bamboozle. People just blow.
10:53 PM on 02/28/12
Jenajena
Jena ≈ Gina.
User Info.
I love seeing how much love he gets on this website. Such a talented artist and a really good guy. I love that he took the time to say all of this, because he really doesn't deserve to be torn down like that. When I saw his solo show last fall, it was the happiest I've ever seen him. He took the time afterwards to say hi to people. I can't believe people could meet him and then be that rude to his face. He looks so happy in this video from the show:

I want to hug him right now.
10:55 PM on 02/28/12
LastDeclaration
mmm tasty
User Info.
You felt betrayed? Why? Because he made music that he wanted to make? Because he expressed himself the way he wanted to with conceding to what you wanted of him? Dude doesn't owe you shit so how can he betray you?
easy, killer. because i've defended him for his entire career from people who said that he was what he has now become.
10:56 PM on 02/28/12
LastDeclaration
mmm tasty
User Info.
you are the kind of person he is talking about. he doesn't owe you anything. he didn't personally wrong you by writing soul punk.
what if i said my city was the best?
10:56 PM on 02/28/12
Seth Robinson
User Info.
Folie a Deux is BY far the best Fall Out Boy record on all fucking levels. Infinity on High is great too. Reading this made me pissed off and sad for him.
10:57 PM on 02/28/12
TenSpeed
User Info.
Dear Mr. Patrick Stump,

I Love, love, love, what you do. I love your voice and I love your mashup of Kanye and I Loved the last Fall out Boy album, maybe more than any of the other ones. Please just know that for everyone who wants to hate on you, there are still people out there that think that your new work is amazing too. People who think you've gotten better with age. Whatever you do in the future, I'm sure it will be awesome. And I know my ears will always be open and listening.
11:00 PM on 02/28/12
Zack Haughton
The song that goes like danananana
User Info.
Let me start by saying this website isn't exempt from the type of hate that he's describing, and you know who you are. Every Fall Out Boy or Patrick Stump thread or news post I see has at least 10 mentions of his 'old stuff'. That being said, I wouldn't listen to Radiohead if it wasn't for Fall Out Boy, and their frontman. I wouldn't listen to Eric B and Rakim. I wouldn't listen to Converge. I wouldn't be posting on this site right now.

That may seem a little outrageous and maybe another artist would have caught my eye and turned me onto a whole new world of music, but the way things worked out, it was him and his band that did it. Fall Out Boy picked up where blink-182 left off in '03. Yet blink is praised as the second coming of Christ on here and in music in general. There's no band in the world that would have a bigger reunion than FOB right now. And there's no singer in the world who would have a better solo career than Patrick would, given the right circumstances and the right marketing.

I hope he does take a break from music. I hope when the time comes he shows us all that pride is more important than vocals or guitar licks or chord progression. If the things he's saying are true, we don't deserve Patrick Stump or FOB. And that's how it is
11:02 PM on 02/28/12
cshadows2887
User Info.
I admit to never listening to a full Fall Out Boy record, but I respect this man enormously for being a wonderful songwriter, a fantastic vocalist and for having the courage to pursue his dreams. I'd encourage him to never give up creating music because his words and his voice have the immeasurably powerful ability to bring so much happiness to an assortment of audiences. What a wonderful, warm person.

I'm going to go stream Soul Punk as my first full Patrick Stump listening experience. My girlfriend's been telling me to listen to it for ages regardless!

I think (based on you rec'ing me Darren Hayes) that you'd like Folie a Deux and Soul Punk. Not necessarily that they're similar styles, but they're similarly hyper-produced pop tunes by a phenomenal studio singer.
11:03 PM on 02/28/12
lildrummaboiii
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
This bummed me the fuck out. Pat rules so much and all of the Fall Out Boy albums rule and even his solo stuff is awesome.
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums