Username
Password
Fall Out Boy News - Page 12
Displaying posts 165 - 180 of 509.
11:42 PM on 02/28/12
camperfrequency
Troy and Abed in the Morning!
User Info.
I have every Fall Out Boy cd from Take This To Your Grave on... I used to make fun of Fall Out Boy for about 6 months after Infinity on High came out but I have got to say TTTYG and Infinity on High are two of my favorite albums from Fall Out Boy and from anyone in general. I remember getting Folie a Deux for Christmas in 2009 and thoroughly enjoyed it. I have yet to listen to Soul Punk but from what I have heard I think I'll enjoy it. I wish Patrick the best of luck in his future endeavors.

Seriously, Take This To Your Grave is in my top 10 favorite albums. Every song on that record is amazing!
11:47 PM on 02/28/12
stollio
User Info.
Patrick, if I could falcon punch the Internet in the nuts for you I would. Keep your head up and know you have a ton of people that still support you and your music.
11:51 PM on 02/28/12
Jason Tate
User Info.
11:54 PM on 02/28/12
therailwayhouse
~
User Info.
I've been in such a wonderful mood all day because I'm seeing Thursday, STD, and Circa tonight but wow, now I just feel really really bummed out. There is not a single Fall Out Boy album or song I don't like, and I have undying respect for Patrick Stump. The most frustrating thing is that if he'd kept making records like From Under the Cork Tree people would still be complaining about it. I feel so bad for him after reading this, he is such a talented and all-round awesome guy, I do not understand the extreme amounts of hate. If it weren't for FOB I wouldn't listen to any of the music I love now, and I honestly just can't thank him enough.
11:54 PM on 02/28/12
stereokiller
Howdy.
User Info.
Respect.
11:55 PM on 02/28/12
about3fitty
Registered Member
User Info.
great, and i think it's a piece of shit. you're really just dealing with semantics here. it pisses me off that he made a fucking terrible album. that's it. sorry if that makes you butthurt for him.

why do you feel the need to go so far out of your way to bitch about this? you aren't entitled to anything involving his music. you didn't like it. not a big deal. that happens all the time and people don't act this childish about it.
11:56 PM on 02/28/12
Mistle
User Info.
Wow, this actually unsettling. I feel really bad for him :/ IMO each FOB album got better, with FaD being my favourite.
12:02 AM on 02/29/12
blindrider529
***NICKEL CREEK*** <--GO LISTEN NOW
User Info.
My first thoughts were WHAT THE FUCK?? I thought everyone loved Folie A Deux? Or was it just this website? I love the shiiiiit out of it. I have more than one copy and I enjoy it more every time I put it in. I absolutely love that I feel every variation of Fall Out Boy, old and new, mixed in with some very new sounds on that album. I would consider it their definitive album, because it has everything Fall Out Boy every was in one awesome album.

I don't care if Patrick is skinny or fat, 18 or 27, in Fall Out Boy or by himself...he's one of my favorite singers/frontmen/songwriters of my youth and young adulthood and his expression of music inspired me and many of the bands I've loved greatly. I don't care if that's corny...I listened to a lot of pretty stale pop-punk for quite a while growing up, and this guy actually brought some soul into it and really changed the game, in my opinion.

Team Patrick forever. No fucking way is this guy a has-been. I'm always waiting to see what he's upto next.
12:02 AM on 02/29/12
.dot
behance.net/jordanhaenlein
User Info.
12:03 AM on 02/29/12
RyanFTW
ATTACK POP PUNK
User Info.
Wow, human beings suck.
12:04 AM on 02/29/12
Jason Tate
User Info.
Wow, human beings suck.
Perfect timing.
12:07 AM on 02/29/12
stereokiller
Howdy.
User Info.
spinning fob after reading this gives a whole new feeling to me, shit. i hate the world even more now.
12:07 AM on 02/29/12
Acad08
@explorerbri
User Info.
My two favorite releases?

Folie A Deux and Soul Punk. He is a genius and there's where it shows.

I had the pleasure of meeting him last summer in Tampa and that was one of the highlights of my trip, he was a very nice guy with such passion behind what he does! Hope it continues.
12:11 AM on 02/29/12
LastDeclaration
mmm tasty
User Info.
Here's my question: would you act this way to Patrick's face? With such bluntness and lack of respect?
You mention you respect him - you couldn't tell that from the way you speak about him. Would you want someone saying those things about you?

I do think he needs a bit of a pep talk, and needs to learn that the 10% of negativity shouldn't outweigh the 90% support he receives - but again, you displaying your opinions this way is another example of his point, and is just unnecessary.
no, of course not. but i do speak frankly to my friends and in forums, where the whole point is to voice your opinion. i don't think what i said was unnecessary. that album is an embarrassment [IMO]. i have lost a lot of respect for him. it's great and wonderful that he does what he wants (although i think that's kind of expected and not a particularly admirable virtue, unlike others here), but the music that he "wants" to make is throwaway pop garbage. i don't know if i actually have any respect for him anymore if he truly thinks that the music he's making as a solo artist is praiseworthy and not throwaway pop garbage. i'm sure the nickelback guys think their songs are wonderful, but that doesn't mean that anyone here has any extra respect for them or holds back on their negativity, and i honestly would put soul punk in the same realm as nickelback.
12:14 AM on 02/29/12
LastDeclaration
mmm tasty
User Info.
why do you feel the need to go so far out of your way to bitch about this? you aren't entitled to anything involving his music. you didn't like it. not a big deal. that happens all the time and people don't act this childish about it.
oh my bad
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News