bondfreak711
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
patrick can do no wrong in my book.
08:42 PM on 02/28/12
BoxCarRiebe
Kill Me Quickly
User Info.
i loved soul punk to, and i see what he's saying, alot of my friends wont listen to it just based on the fact that hes the dude from fall out boy. its a shame, people missing out on good records for silly reasons. but i hope he at least takes soul punk out for some sort of tour, those songs seem like they would be a blast to see live
08:43 PM on 02/28/12
iden22
close call
User Info.
I love the guy (and Fall Out Boy) to death, so to read something like this really depresses me because he doesn't deserve any flack. He's such a dedicated and talented musician that has put so much into all the music he's made over the last decade. I really hope Patrick finds comfort in himself.
rhinitus
87 jeans & a fresh pair of Nikes on
User Info.
Yeah so that shit kinda tore me up. While the FOB records meant so much to me, people should really just get over it. Yes, Soul Punk is way different. I like some of it, don't like some of it. I donno...I guess I always thought Patrick deserved so much more respect than he got. While Pete was being Pete (I guess I don't mean that in a good way or a bad way) Patrick seemed to be presenting the music in a relatable way to everyone that wasn't 14. I think he'll be great regardless...just sad to see all these assholes get to him.

For what it's worth, I still get chills every time I hear Thriller.
phillipjacob
@phillipjacob
User Info.
I support whatever he gets into. I really liked the solo album and that's really low if someone ever makes fun about the guy's health. Stoked for him for doing things for his self. It's interesting to note how stoked he seems to be about doing the band thing though. I'm getting the impression he misses his bandmates.
kskillzz
User Info.
Pretty sad read. Couldn't help but have max bemis in mind throughout it, how people online always say "I wish he was depressed and bipolar again", but at least he's able to keep his head up it seems. People online can be really shitty and its suprising that a lot of people actually take the time to tell Patrick in Person and send letters and shit.
BFH Drums
User Info.
Can we just focus for a second on how a man who didn't go to college was able to use the word posthumous in a sentence? A word I don't think Ive ever heard, and certainly never used, and I've been attending college for the better part of 8 years. Kudos P Stump.

This broke my goddamn heart though. So much talent potentially going to waste because of a group of morons who can't appreciate him for what he's worth. Makes my damn blood boil.
08:44 PM on 02/28/12
steve187
nah
User Info.
i always thought he would succeed way more as an elliott smith/conor oberst type instead of electro-dance-punk or whatever soul punk is
08:45 PM on 02/28/12
Jack Appleby
___
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Waiting to read this until I can dedicate some time to it. I want to read Jacob's piece first.

No matter what these pieces say - it's great to see a musician responding. Very cool for Jacob too.
08:46 PM on 02/28/12
AgainstTheCurrent
Paranoid Humanoid.
User Info.
This article fucking terrifies me.
08:47 PM on 02/28/12
anamericangod
User Info.
Pretty sad read. Couldn't help but have max bemis in mind throughout it, how people online always say "I wish he was depressed and bipolar again", but at least he's able to keep his head up it seems. People online can be really shitty and its suprising that a lot of people actually take the time to tell Patrick in Person and send letters and shit.
I had very similar thoughts when I read this. Some people will just never be happy.
AgainstTheCurrent
Paranoid Humanoid.
User Info.
For what it's worth, FAD is my fav FOB record and I love Patrick overall, even if Soul Punk wasn't my thing, I still dug it because of his musicality coming through it.
t.web4
Gone
User Info.
Insightful. Kinda sad but I think he will keep making music.
08:49 PM on 02/28/12
calystarose
bearing a vultuous visage
User Info.
I wish there was some way to express to this guy how much his art means to me. Since August 2007 when I heard my first Fall Out Boy song to now, his art (both as part of FOB and his other projects) has brought me so much joy. It’s changed my life in so many wonderful ways. I love each and every one of the FOB albums. And I adore Soul Punk. I love different things about each album. Each one does a different thing for me. But they all make my life better. That he feels this way hurts. I want so badly for him to not feel like that. Not a week goes by that I don’t listen to a song that Patrick either created or performed or produced. Every week of my life is filled with his presence and I’m thankful for that. I saw the BND2 tour. I loved the show I got to see. I would have seen multiple shows if I could have. I love FaD, it is an exquisite work of art and emotion. I hope that one day the unpleasant feelings that the band has now associated with the album and that tour will fade. Because it is an amazing album that has brought me a great deal of pleasure and will continue to. Whatever they do, now and in the future, I’m interested. It may not always be my thing, but I hope that they will always find joy and fulfillment.
08:49 PM on 02/28/12
KenneyBN
will be gone till July 2015 on mish
User Info.
Honestly dont really know what to say after reading that... it was a real bummer thats for sure.
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums