Username
Password
Fall Out Boy News - Page 21
Displaying posts 300 - 315 of 509.
08:25 AM on 02/29/12
Dustin Harkins
Go support Kony 2012 some more
User Info.
I'm sure all the people defending this self-absorbed attention grabbing stunt would also defend a similar post if it was made by the guy from Disturbed, or some band like that.
Hate to break it to you, but this comment is just as much a self-absorbed attention grabbing stunt as you claim the blog is. I don't like FOB one bit and still defend this post just because I feel like it's something SOMEONE needed to make clear. People have talked about "shut up about my old album, I've progressed" and blah blah blah, but no one's shown exactly what kind of toll that takes on a person, and it's about time someone makes it a bit more obvious.
08:29 AM on 02/29/12
Dustin Harkins
User Info.
just give us what we want patrick, we alll know what we wanted to hear when he announced a solo album, an acoustic rendition of Take This to your Grave. Soul Punk was not what anyone really wanted or expected but hey props for him. If only things worked out so we could mold his talents into whatever we wanted so we could all be happy :)
08:30 AM on 02/29/12
kianacarly
I'm living it, leaving it to change
User Info.
That album made me fall in love with FOB all over again. I have to admit (at the time) they sorta lost me with Infinity on High, although I like that album a lot more now. I can't say enough good things about Folie a Deux.

I totally agree with this. IOH is like the only FOB album I don't care for, but Folie is an amazing pop record. I know some people genuinely enjoy TTTYG and FUTCT more and that's totally okay, but I hate the people who let their nostalgia cloud everything and stop them from being open to the rest of the albums. I know that's not true for all the fans of their older stuff, but I swear there are those types of people out there who always "only like the older stuff" and everything new is sucky or the band has sold out because they're not recreating old records, and it is just stupid.

On another note, people saying "I liked you better fat" to me is akin to those who say "so and so was better before they got sober." Like how discouraging would that be? To work so hard to get healthy and in a better place only to tell someone, and to their face, that you liked them better when they were addicts/unhealthy/miserable. I would be raging and probably a lot less nice about it than Patrick is.
nickstetina
User Info.
Man, I feel for this guy. Listening to 'Folie a Deux' meow.
PigDestroyer
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Hate to break it to you, but this comment is just as much a self-absorbed attention grabbing stunt as you claim the blog is. I don't like FOB one bit and still defend this post just because I feel like it's something SOMEONE needed to make clear. People have talked about "shut up about my old album, I've progressed" and blah blah blah, but no one's shown exactly what kind of toll that takes on a person, and it's about time someone makes it a bit more obvious.
really? it wasn't clear that trends in music come and go? and people who made a ton of money off those trends don't make as much money when those trends pass?
08:31 AM on 02/29/12
jprime
http://himynameis.jp
User Info.
Great read. Although it has plenty of hints in self-loathing...it doesn't make it any less true.

It all comes down to this: money and art = spaghetti and milk
08:33 AM on 02/29/12
Dustin Harkins
User Info.
really? it wasn't clear that trends in music come and go? and people who made a ton of money off those trends don't make as much money when those trends pass?
That's obvious. And I don't see the point of him bringing up his financial situation honestly. It seemed like a bit much. But what wasn't clear is the message people end up sending when they purposefully heckle someone to play old stuff/go back to their old ways that they weren't happy with. People say one thing and don't realize exactly what it means, and how the recipient interprets it.
08:33 AM on 02/29/12
iden22
close call
User Info.
Glad to see lots of people share similar sentiments about FAD. I love how they kept progressing and it's one of the many reasons why they're still my favourite band eight years later.

This. They matured so much of the years and they left with a fantastic pop album in FAD.
08:34 AM on 02/29/12
zachff
deadformat.net/tradelist/zachff
User Info.
OMG A GIF.

Fucking really. I'm RWG, and this site hates negative, non-popular opinion with a passion but gets a major hard on for silly stuff like this.

I'm not allowed to have a well worded, opinion but you can re-butt with a fucking gif of a children's movie. Amazing how the internet works.
I replied with a gif of a movie character hitting its head on a wall because that is how your terrible posts make me feel. And if you think your opinion was well worded something was very wrong with your education.
08:37 AM on 02/29/12
mms13
User Info.
I've liked all their albums...

If you asked me to pick one, of course I'd pick TTTYG, but that doens't mean the others aren't still fantastic.

Bums me out to hear he feels this way.
Searos
Registered Member
User Info.
holy shit that was pathetic.

LOL @ not wanting to be that emo guy while writing a long internet blog about his "woe is me" self pity and his feelings. Doesn't get more emo guy than that
He is a talented artist. Fuck the whole emo bullshit. I don't care if someone is freaking emo or whatever. The dude can sing and works very hard on music. This is not a depressing message because he conforms to some dumb stereotype. The man poured a lot of work, money, and talent into albums that ignorant fans wrote off because they were not the safety zone records. Folie a Duex was by far Fall Out Boy's best album and while I am not even that familiar with Soul Punk besides a few songs which I kinda like nobody deserves to be scrutinized for wanting to express themselves of welcome change. I mean if someone told you that they liked you better when you were fat would you like that. Would you want your entire life's work being critically compared to something you did as a kid. The man is talented and the ignorant part of Fall Out Boy's fanbase are a bunch of entitled kids.

This is one of the reasons I think Fall Out Boy sometimes gets a bad name. Some of their fans are just ignorant and stupid. That does not apply to everyone but the people will bash FOB without hearing them after seeing the hot topic scene shaping some of their fans.
BurymeWalkAway
User Info.
I thought my view on society as a whole couldn't get any lower but it did. It's not only disgusting but so sad what people do to musicians that we love. People went to a show to boo Patrick? That is pathetic. I don't even know what to say. I'm just really down right now... This is why we can't have nice things thanks people.
08:38 AM on 02/29/12
waitrewindthat
also known as hobbes.
User Info.
I replied with a gif of a movie character hitting its head on a wall because that is how your terrible posts make me feel. And if you think your opinion was well worded something was very wrong with your education.
Let me go write a blog about how much you don't like my opinion and how insufficient my education is to your standards.

Oh wait, i'm not Patrick Stump. I don't give a fuck what anybody on the internet says about me.

08:40 AM on 02/29/12
butrfli1234
I'M ON FIRE
User Info.
I did not like FOD when it came out. It's definitely an album that needs to grow on you before you can appreciate its brilliance. And "What A Catch, Donnie" may be the best song they've ever done. I'd fight you on it.

It breaks my heart that Patrick feels this way. Don't let a few ignorant trolls in the crowd stop you from making music, especially from making the music you want to make.
08:43 AM on 02/29/12
Searos
Registered Member
User Info.
Let me go write a blog about how much you don't like my opinion and how insufficient my education is to your standards.

Oh wait, i'm not Patrick Stump. I don't give a fuck what anybody on the internet says about me.]
get cancer
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News