nickrelapse
Nick Hamm
User Info.
Folie a Deux is an amazing album.
09:41 AM on 02/29/12
DejaGuy89
Stolen Bikes Ride Faster
User Info.
Regardless of my feelings for partick's solo stuff and FOB's output post-FUTCT, I totally see where he is coming from and its heartbreaking. And I still don't understand how FOB ever got classified as an emo band.
haircuts is what did it and MTV
09:42 AM on 02/29/12
methface
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Why does it have to be about what people think? I love this guy, he's just like a little kid who wants to play music because it is truly what he loves and all of the kids at school or the older brother are just picking him out and kicking him around.
I will love everything he does as long as it is honest and not put on for everyone else.
I hope he finds the strength within himself to be the ruthless dude he is and once was. I know it is there.
09:49 AM on 02/29/12
jl86
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I enjoyed soul punk, i just bought it about a week ago. I dont love every song, but you don't have to love them all to appreciate an artists talent. The reason i even looked into his solo album, was because of his appearance on the bobby bones show. Kids got amazing pipes, that you hear in the fall about boy cds, but he just really blew me away with his quick radio covers. I think he would be a great artist that keeps it simple, no super electro stuff n what not. Anyway Patrick Stump keep your head up dude. You've got a gift in your voice, in your soul, in your body. Don't let the "haters" get you down. When your voice is what brings so many of us back up. Much love
-lacey

"Just Dance"
09:57 AM on 02/29/12
tomatl
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I think Patrick is missing a very important point. As long are you're happy with your music, everyone else's opinion does not matter. It may not make you any money, but if you're happy in your soul with what you wrote, that's all that matters. Fuck people.
10:04 AM on 02/29/12
ferrisstryker
User Info.
Makes me wonder how much of this blog was directed at ap.net haters....
10:04 AM on 02/29/12
heyimnic
A pretty neat dude
User Info.
I will put this as bluntly as possible: stop being such a pussy. You are better than that.

You have done more for music and the scene than anyone who reads this can dream of accomplishing. No matter what you do, there will be haters. I help people get their lives back on track for a living, and half my clients hate me no matter what I do for them, because they never learned how to put responsibility for their lives and happiness on themselves.

When you deal with the public, in any form, if you expect anyone to be positive, you will be disappointed. That's the selfish world we live in. To them you are just a face on the stage, and they will always say shit to you that they would never say to their mothers. Or maybe they would. Taking it personal will just eat you alive.
However harsh, I basically have to agree. It really doesn't matter if people don't like your stuff, if you've created something that you believe in, well then, believe in it.

For every 10% of people that "liked you better fat," there's another 10% that thinks Soul Punk was the best album you've written. Buck up, prepare for criticism, or unplug your computer and go live in the woods. Either way, make your art.
10:06 AM on 02/29/12
kianacarly
I'm living it, leaving it to change
User Info.
I think he's just down right now. He'll probably wake up the next day happier. Everyone has their down moments.

He seems like he might have depression though, and I can see why. If he does, I hope he can get the help he needs. It seems to have really affected him.

I think Patrick is missing a very important point. As long are you're happy with your music, everyone else's opinion does not matter. It may not make you any money, but if you're happy in your soul with what you wrote, that's all that matters. Fuck people.

I think he's on the way to realizing this, but it's so much easier said than done. I mentioned Hanson earlier in the thread, but those guys have worked super hard to get where they're at and they are talented guys with great material and are constantly getting heckled to play Mmmbop. There's always going to be jerks yelling "Take This To Your Grave!" or "Sugar We're Going Down!" and it must be so disheartening. I'm sure he's super appreciative of FOB's success, but at the end of the day he's a real person and that harassment hurts. I mean, even if he were to ignore the Internet trolls completely, he has people sending letters to his home and saying stuff to his face. He can't get away. I would become a hermit too.
10:09 AM on 02/29/12
waitrewindthat
also known as hobbes.
User Info.
What important shit have you done in your life to merit it though. You could die tomorrow and what would you have to make of it. I am in college myself and don't have much to say in terms of accomplishments but I don't act like a dick for the sake of being a dick. Patrick has the right post his opinion on these issues. He has made something of himself so good on him.
If he has the rights to post his opinion do I not have the right to critique them? Or are only people you like allowed to have rights and opinions?

Edit: I've accomplished a ton in my lifetime and i'm only 24, that being said I don't give a fuck what you think and really could give a shit less what you think about me dying tomorrow (not going to happen anyways.)
10:13 AM on 02/29/12
waitrewindthat
also known as hobbes.
User Info.
That was not my only reply... plenty of people have called him out. If am guilty of anything than it is feeding a troll. I mean its no different than a gif that says GTFO. Sorry I ruffled your feathers with a silly comment.
Actually it's a bit different. Telling me to GTFO isn't a death sentence which in most cases CANCER is. So why don't you GET THE FUCK OUT with your horrible idea that it's an appropriate analogy.
TorontoMatt
User Info.
Searos
Registered Member
User Info.
If he has the rights to post his opinion do I not have the right to critique them? Or are only people you like allowed to have rights and opinions?

Edit: I've accomplished a ton in my lifetime and i'm only 24, that being said I don't give a fuck what you think and really could give a shit less what you think about me dying tomorrow (not going to happen anyways.)
I value your opinion and will critique it as stupid. Do the same to mine. I respect artists and talented musicians. I will leave it at that cause this went nowhere.
waitrewindthat
also known as hobbes.
User Info.
I will put this as bluntly as possible: stop being such a pussy. You are better than that.

You have done more for music and the scene than anyone who reads this can dream of accomplishing. No matter what you do, there will be haters. I help people get their lives back on track for a living, and half my clients hate me no matter what I do for them, because they never learned how to put responsibility for their lives and happiness on themselves.

When you deal with the public, in any form, if you expect anyone to be positive, you will be disappointed. That's the selfish world we live in. To them you are just a face on the stage, and they will always say shit to you that they would never say to their mothers. Or maybe they would. Taking it personal will just eat you alive.
Hey, I said this about 9 pages ago and was told to get Cancer, so i'd watch out what you say here.

Also, I agree 100%.
10:14 AM on 02/29/12
TorontoMatt
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
kid, don't apologize to the bully, it's embarrassing. stick with your "get cancer" statement and add "with a sprinkle of aids you cock" and let it be.
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums