Username
Password

Comments: Page 26
Displaying posts 375 - 390 of 504
11:14 AM on 02/29/12
waitrewindthat
also known as hobbes.
User Info.
I value your opinion and will critique it as stupid. Do the same to mine. I respect artists and talented musicians. I will leave it at that cause this went nowhere.
I said many times he was talented...and I respect his work, go back a few pages and you'll see me straight up say I think he's IMMENSELY talented. So I guess you just said I should die before even reading what I said on the matter, which is probably why you critiqued my opinion as stupid.
11:14 AM on 02/29/12
kskillzz
User Info.
You could almost replace the "fat and still in fall out boy" with "fucked up on drugs and still writing ...Is A Real Boy". So shitty for Patrick though. I was never really into FOB except for the singles from FUTCT, but I thought Folie was awesome. I'm still a sucker for Donnie..

Sad thing is, if you go into any Say Anything thread right now, there will be comments like "The new album is fucking awful" or "I liked him better when he was fucked up on drugs and in a terrible place in his life", but in this thread, when it's about Patrick, all of a sudden people are realizing what a fucked up thing it is to offend someone like this.
Yea people don't really realize the weight of their words especially when there's a whole thread of people saying shitty things like "I wish that guy was still bi-polar and on drugs". After Max went through so much with his mental breakdowns and going to a mental hospital and all that, to try to make him feel like he's a failure for getting healthy is really scummy.
11:16 AM on 02/29/12
DeathOrGlory
I'm not fucked, not quite
User Info.
However harsh, I basically have to agree. It really doesn't matter if people don't like your stuff, if you've created something that you believe in, well then, believe in it.

For every 10% of people that "liked you better fat," there's another 10% that thinks Soul Punk was the best album you've written. Buck up, prepare for criticism, or unplug your computer and go live in the woods. Either way, make your art.
I think the biggest problem with him is that he did believe. Those albums that he got blasted for weren't just art to him. He was putting himself on a disk and when people were so hateful about those albums, they were basically saying they hate him and who he is. That sucks. He's obviously a sensitive guy and for people to go out of their way to basically tear down who he is and say the person he was is better than the person he is cruel. I'd be incredibly hurt too. It's hard to believe in yourself when people don't believe in you. Yeah I know there's 100 more people that love him but not everybody has the personal ability to take such scathing hate. I know I personally would take it just as hard as he does.
11:18 AM on 02/29/12
RonStoppable
yeezy season approachin
User Info.
I know there are times when you just get down and things that might seem insignificant or strange can bum you out more than they should, or more than other people might realize. I respect Patrick a lot, and Folie a Deux is easily my favorite Fall Out Boy record. I haven't checked out Soul Punk yet but I trust there'll be his voice (both vocally and at the heart of the music), and that's worth looking into. I hope he continues to make music, though having followed his blog for awhile, I can see how much he loves it and I'm sure he'll be back. He's got my support.
11:19 AM on 02/29/12
Fuck You Aurora
Sanchize !
User Info.
This was a very good read. And very worth my time. But shit does he really need to try to get self pitty ? Patrick had his run and he should be greatfull for that. Don't dwell on the bad. Try to make good out of the bad.
11:19 AM on 02/29/12
Searos
Registered Member
User Info.
kid, don't apologize to the bully, it's embarrassing. stick with your "get cancer" statement and add "with a sprinkle of aids you cock" and let it be.
was not really an apology. I am trying to stop our conversation on this forum cause its getting dumb. I will think his opinion is stupid if he wants to critique opinions and give that as an option to anyone else. The whole get cancer thing was a joke which some people took too seriously but hey some people just walk around with sticks up their butt.

Simply I respect Patrick Stump not just as a member of a band I like but as a talented artist who I think does not deserve such a cruel backlash (especially the weight thing) from his fans. That would go toward any artist that worked hard though. Some will write this message off as whining but he has the right to post his thoughts on things and make people aware. I know every band gets shit but it would hurt for that to happen within their own fanbase.
11:23 AM on 02/29/12
blindrider529
***NICKEL CREEK*** <--GO LISTEN NOW
User Info.
This thread has me listening to Folie a Deux again. SO GOOD.
11:24 AM on 02/29/12
Searos
Registered Member
User Info.
I said many times he was talented...and I respect his work, go back a few pages and you'll see me straight up say I think he's IMMENSELY talented. So I guess you just said I should die before even reading what I said on the matter, which is probably why you critiqued my opinion as stupid.
I critiqued your opinion as stupid because you were acting very childish at first. You did make good points later but at first you were calling him a whiny emo and making pitty party jokes. If you, in a more mature way, had stated that this stuff happens but it is no reason to get depressed about than I would not of said anything. I have read your messages but re-examine them yourself. Its cool that you find him talented but if you wanna make a point, especially early in an argument, you should show a bit of maturity. I will admit the Get Cancer thing was a dumb joke but you and way too many people took it seriously. Thats all I have to say about that.
uglystar03
User Info.
Folie a Deux is my favorite Fall Out Boy album. I don't get the hate. I've been listening to them since Take This to Your Grave came out, too. I guess I grew with them or something.
waitrewindthat
also known as hobbes.
User Info.
The whole get cancer thing was a joke which some people took too seriously but hey some people just walk around with sticks up their butt.

Some will write this message off as whining but he has the right to post his thoughts on things and make people aware.

1. Funny, Patrick Stump complains about death threats and he doesn't have a "stick up his butt" (for most people they have had friends and family die of cancer and cancer is still considered a death threat when you get your diagnosis, not every time but still more people die then surivie)

2. Also funny, Patrick Stump has the right to post his thoughts on things and make people aware but I can't disagree with him? Amazing how your world works and I pray to all the God(s) that you never have any real control over fucking anything substantial because your bias seems to have you blind substandard
Holly HoX!
User Info.
kid, don't apologize to the bully, it's embarrassing. stick with your "get cancer" statement and add "with a sprinkle of aids you cock" and let it be.

Troll harder.
11:28 AM on 02/29/12
Searos
Registered Member
User Info.
1. Funny, Patrick Stump complains about death threats and he doesn't have a "stick up his butt" (for most people they have had friends and family die of cancer and cancer is still considered a death threat when you get your diagnosis, not every time but still more people die then surivie)

2. Also funny, Patrick Stump has the right to post his thoughts on things and make people aware but I can't disagree with him? Amazing how your world works and I pray to all the God(s) that you never have any real control over fucking anything substantial because your bias seems to have you blind substandard
Just let it be...
waitrewindthat
also known as hobbes.
User Info.
I critiqued your opinion as stupid because you were acting very childish at first. You did make good points later but at first you were calling him a whiny emo and making pitty party jokes. If you, in a more mature way, had stated that this stuff happens but it is no reason to get depressed about than I would not of said anything. I have read your messages but re-examine them yourself. Its cool that you find him talented but if you wanna make a point, especially early in an argument, you should show a bit of maturity. I will admit the Get Cancer thing was a dumb joke but you and way too many people took it seriously.

It was a pity part, it's a self loathing blog about how he's down in the dumps. Don't try and say it's not, because it is. Also when your friends or family lose a battle to cancer let me know so I can quote your post and you'll know how I feel and I can point at you saying how you overreacted.

Early in my argument all I did was a TLDR for everything he said negative about himself and say he should take a basic PR101 approach and spin things more positively so none of this would have happened.
waitrewindthat
also known as hobbes.
User Info.
Sure thing hypocrite. Enjoy living in fantasy land where cancer is funny. Fucking tool.
11:29 AM on 02/29/12
Penguin
ANTHYDING CAN HADPLEN
User Info.
That was absolutely heartbreaking to read...

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos