Username
Password
Fall Out Boy News - Page 3
Displaying posts 30 - 45 of 509.
08:49 PM on 02/28/12
makeasound
start appreciating yourself
User Info.
So much respect to Patrick for putting all of this out there. That couldn't have been easy to write but I bet it felt so good to get off his chest at the same time.

It blows my mind that people took such offense to Folie a Deux and Patrick's solo record and what the other FOB members have done since, that they've essentially tormented the members of a band that I'm guessing meant the more-than-the-world to them at some point.

I didn't care for Folie personally either, but I've never let that change my opinions of their other work (which I love), their solo work, or them as people.
blimpcityhero11
#WreckThisLeague
User Info.
I had very similar thoughts when I read this. Some people will just never be happy.
And those people will write the BEST records. (totally kidding)
perceptrons
[ ]
User Info.
Folie a Deux is easily the best Fall Out Boy record.

Also, I want Patrick to take his love of soul further. Collaboration album with The Roots would be heavenly.
08:50 PM on 02/28/12
born2fly800
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
This seriously upsets me,
I LOVED the way that FOB progressed with each release AND i really enjoyed Soul Punk...
but even if someone hated everything he wrote (everyone is allowed their own musical opinion) it is SO unbelievably shitty to just tell an artist that "we liked you better fat" or booing a band off stage for new/different music is complete bullshit. If you don't like the music, don't listen and don't go to shows!
It's really disgusting that a fan base can make a musician want to stop making/preforming music.
08:50 PM on 02/28/12
kismet
Occasionally a fan girl
User Info.
It really bums me out that such a talented guy gets crap for everything he does. I'll always love FOB and I can't wait till they return (if they ever do) but I do like his solo stuff as well. I was more content with solo Patrick than no Patrick. Oh and I love Folie a Deux.
08:51 PM on 02/28/12
Raarzipan
Registered Member
User Info.
Never been a HUGE fall out boy fan, but I have enjoyed a song or two off of each album. Maybe he should take a step back and just do a secret project like the sound of animals fighting? I mean, it sucks to see people upset him so much he really is a talented musician. I hope he finds happiness in whatever route he chooses to take, always comes off as a really good guy.
08:52 PM on 02/28/12
VoliminalX
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Can we just focus for a second on how a man who didn't go to college was able to use the word posthumous in a sentence? A word I don't think Ive ever heard, and certainly never used, and I've been attending college for the better part of 8 years. Kudos P Stump.

This broke my goddamn heart though. So much talent potentially going to waste because of a group of morons who can't appreciate him for what he's worth. Makes my damn blood boil.
You've been in college for 8 years and you've never heard the word posthumous before? Public education at it's best I guess.
jwicklun
Never forget.
User Info.
Goddamn, kids go through such effort just to put the guy down. Guy shouldn't be so down on himself, he's an immensely talented songwriter and he seems like an all around great guy. I love Fall Out Boy and I appreciate whatever work he puts out.
Imperfektion
All I need are sounds of ecstasy.
User Info.
Man that was depressing to read. I can understand why people dislike his new music but to go out of their way and attend his solo shows just to tell him he sucks is ridiculous.
Amongster
Still On The Sand
User Info.
I really feel bad for Pat after reading this. I had no idea touring for Folie a Deux and Soul Punk were that miserable. I know lots of people prefer his earlier work, but it saddens me so many of them would be disrespectful enough to make sure he knew it.
08:53 PM on 02/28/12
xBranx
Brandon Pagano / Handguns
User Info.
I feel bad for the guy. Shit like that must suck. I hope he's just having a bad night and is venting. Love his voice.
08:53 PM on 02/28/12
AC91
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
For what it's worth, I still get chills every time I hear Thriller.

Yes
08:54 PM on 02/28/12
about3fitty
Registered Member
User Info.
people are dicks. if you're the kind of person who feels the need to go to a show just to tell someone you think they suck, you seriously need to reevaluate your life.
08:54 PM on 02/28/12
ThisIsNotDan
User Info.
damn, that was a pretty sad read. he seems like a down to earth guy who could use a hug. for what it's worth, Folie A Deux is an awesome pop album. hope he finds some sort of proper emotional release and gets back on his feet
08:56 PM on 02/28/12
artistanonymous
User Info.
Yeah so that shit kinda tore me up. While the FOB records meant so much to me, people should really just get over it. Yes, Soul Punk is way different. I like some of it, don't like some of it. I donno...I guess I always thought Patrick deserved so much more respect than he got. While Pete was being Pete (I guess I don't mean that in a good way or a bad way) Patrick seemed to be presenting the music in a relatable way to everyone that wasn't 14. I think he'll be great regardless...just sad to see all these assholes get to him.

For what it's worth, I still get chills every time I hear Thriller.
This.
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News