Username
Password

Comments: Page 30
Displaying posts 435 - 450 of 504
04:07 PM on 02/29/12
hotrod
2 legit 2 quit
User Info.
go back to take this to your grave FATTY!
04:07 PM on 02/29/12
carcrashofahart
climb is all we know
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Just because your situation is worse doesn't mean you can't feel anything. I've been dealing with a lot of shit myself but that doesn't make his obvious depression any less of a problem. I'm sorry about your troubles but that doesn't give you a right to be a dick.
saying i don't have sympathy for him makes me a dick? cause i'm sure he's stopping himself midday and worrying about all of our asses! lol. i think what's funny is that he's reacting so badly after only one album. ONE ALBUM! i mean, he can talk all he wants about giving a fuck less about the money, but the money enables him to keep creating. he seems to not want to do that though, so. how can you respect an artist who not only complains about how hard their "troubles" are, but also seems to contemplate giving up so easily. he should have written a fuck you/i'm not giving up post tbqh. optimism is much more easier to support...
04:12 PM on 02/29/12
lostfear
Jakesonaplane
User Info.
dear patrick,

throw away your computer or any other piece of technology you own that spits out the internet. ride a bike, write a story, play music, help others learn to play music, volunteer as much as you can, catch up with old friends, and start enjoying life as a monumentally talented individual. it's a gift, not a burden.

long time fan,

kyle
best comment /thread.
04:16 PM on 02/29/12
ant22
User Info.
I hope patrick reads some of these posts on ap.net. For every bad comment about soul punk or fob, there are just as many positive ones. patrick has a great voice and his abilities as a songwriter continue to improve (he proved in soul punk that power chords don't always have to be the backbone of his music). He wrote so many songs that I have listened through my teenage years, and i hope he will continue to write more. Any writer who has written as many songs that have gotten airplay (and maintained his integrity/individuality) should be proud of himself. I liked follie a deux and i did not think soul punk was bad by any means and reading something as sad as this from such a bright artist makes me feel terrible. hopefully things will turn around for him. if patrick tours again i will definitely be in the crowd.
04:38 PM on 02/29/12
DeathOrGlory
I'm not fucked, not quite
User Info.
saying i don't have sympathy for him makes me a dick? cause i'm sure he's stopping himself midday and worrying about all of our asses! lol. i think what's funny is that he's reacting so badly after only one album. ONE ALBUM! i mean, he can talk all he wants about giving a fuck less about the money, but the money enables him to keep creating. he seems to not want to do that though, so. how can you respect an artist who not only complains about how hard their "troubles" are, but also seems to contemplate giving up so easily. he should have written a fuck you/i'm not giving up post tbqh. optimism is much more easier to support...
I wasn't saying you're being a dick because you're unsympathetic. There are multiple posts on here that say what you said better. That sarcastic tone wasn't needed and he talked about your type of comment in the blog. He's depressed because countless fans have been tearing down who he is since FaD so that's two albums. Soul Punk was his soul on a record so for every fan who paid to tell him he sucked and every pissed letter, he became a little more disillusioned. He won't quit music. That's depression talking. Rivers Cuomo just about gave up after Pinkerton was panned for the same reasons Patrick is thinking about it and I'm sure he'd have blogged about it too if it wasn't the mid-Nineties. Patrick isn't a fuck you guy. I dunno. I guess I can relate to feeling invalid as a person. I get it.
04:40 PM on 02/29/12
Ryan Gardner
User Info.
Really sad read. Sad to see how hard it's been for him and how everyone has been reacting.

Love the man's music and all of his work; hoping he can continue to make the best of this and can keep creatively moving forward
04:41 PM on 02/29/12
spunkmastaflex
silkysmoooth
User Info.
I really hope he didn't blow too much money on his solo album like he says he did. Also, that is a very sad read and the fact that people booed FOB for playing new stuff is atrocious. Each and every album they made was creative, original, and well... GOOD.

Also note that he needs to stop reading what other people think about his band/situation on the internet. That just leads to fear, fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering.
04:41 PM on 02/29/12
sjb2k1
8-7, sack orton
User Info.
i liked the way he looked when he was fatter. just a little fatter. skinny patrick has always made me feel a little weird. but it had nothing to do with the music he was making.

yeah, i'm probably a huge douche for that. BUT. i loved truant wave. i liked half of soul punk. i loved every FOB album. the AAA baseball team here played "coffee's for closers" at the beginning of games last year and i would be so excited to hear it. reading that whole thing was just terrible, so i can't imagine how he feels and how he felt when he wrote it.

i want to give the man a hug, and remind him how incredibly talented he is. playing all the instruments on his album, etc. fuck the entitled assholes of my generation.
04:54 PM on 02/29/12
notmrblond234
let's make a movie or something
User Info.
He's one of the best artists around today, if you ask me. I think it really is awful that so many excellent bands/artists get thrown into that "Well, their first album was good..." group. Pisses me off so bad.
05:07 PM on 02/29/12
JustJaredH
User Info.
He has just been progressing musically, not digressing. That article was honestly just depressing. I'm sure there are thousands of people on this site that have been helped by Patrick's music in one way or another, or used it as a "gateway drug" into the bands they listen to now. For him to have the courage to pursue a solo career in the way he did was inspiring. This post was really just disheartening. To see someone so influential get so beaten down is not a very happy thing.
My thoughts too
05:21 PM on 02/29/12
cubine
www.facebook.com/truthunderattack
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Dear Patrick Stump,

You are immensely talented and you have done great things in your life. You need to swallow your bitter pill and go fuck some shit up. Write an angry record if it helps you but don't just quit because your shit got panned, twice in a row (his words). Fight back, quitters never win and your little response was full of quit.

I would not be opposed to this at all.
05:23 PM on 02/29/12
carcrashofahart
climb is all we know
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I wasn't saying you're being a dick because you're unsympathetic. There are multiple posts on here that say what you said better. That sarcastic tone wasn't needed and he talked about your type of comment in the blog. He's depressed because countless fans have been tearing down who he is since FaD so that's two albums. Soul Punk was his soul on a record so for every fan who paid to tell him he sucked and every pissed letter, he became a little more disillusioned. He won't quit music. That's depression talking. Rivers Cuomo just about gave up after Pinkerton was panned for the same reasons Patrick is thinking about it and I'm sure he'd have blogged about it too if it wasn't the mid-Nineties. Patrick isn't a fuck you guy. I dunno. I guess I can relate to feeling invalid as a person. I get it.
i got two sentences into your post... then realized your a comment gestapo. thanks, but no.
05:32 PM on 02/29/12
Tap Dat App
Believers Never Die, Bro
User Info.
Reading this really bummed me out. Fall Out Boy have been my favourite band since the TTTYG days and I still think Folie a Deux is their best record by far. I don't get why more people never grew with them like I did. I can only listen to TTTYG and FUCT because of the nostalgia nowadays, they were capable of writing much better songs and they did. Sucks to hear they actually got booed for it.

Also, Soul Punk had some really good songs. I still love "Allie" just to name one.

Thank you for pretty much expressing my exact feelings on the matter of their music. But, look:

This man has done so much for me and it's impossible to express this at any point without sounding like a total loser. "Grow up" or "You like them way too much", that type of shit, but the music he makes is what I am most passionate about in my life, besides the love I have shared with my girlfriend for 6 months now, who I met at HIS solo concert. He has virtually done everything for me without even knowing it and my world wouldn't be the same if he hadn't done what he loved. I can't ask for anything more.
05:37 PM on 02/29/12
DeathOrGlory
I'm not fucked, not quite
User Info.
i got two sentences into your post... then realized your a comment gestapo. thanks, but no.
I was honestly just trying to make a post that was respectful of your opinions. The way you expressed your opinion made you sound like a prick. There, that's better. I'm done with the conversation. I can die happy knowing I clarified what I meant. Heil whatever man. I'm sorry about your mother. Cancer sucks.
06:31 PM on 02/29/12
troubledbyinsects
~
User Info.
what a baby

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT